Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Unwanted execution instead of saving to environment variable Post 302923166 by Chubler_XL on Thursday 30th of October 2014 08:35:56 PM
Old 10-30-2014
How about this:

Code:
export threads=$(lscpu | awk '/^CPU\(s\):/ {CPU+=$NF} /Thread/ {TH=$NF} END{ print CPU*TH}')

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Saving output from awk into a perl variable

How would I pass awk output to a perl variable? For example, I want to save the value in the 4th column into the variable called test. My best guess is something as follow, but I am sure this isn't correct. $test = system("awk '/NUMBER/{print \$4}' $_"); (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: userix
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

saving awk value in a bash array variable

hi all i am trying to save an awk value into an array in bash: total=`awk '{sum+=$3} END {print sum}' "$count".txt"` ((count++)) the above statement is in a while loop.. $count is to keep track of file numbers (1.txt,2.txt,3.txt,etc.) i get the following error: ./lines1:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

saving command output to a variable

Hello, I have a shell script containing a command string in the following format: command1 | command2 | cut -c9-16 The output from this is a record number (using characters 9-16 of the original output string) e.g. ORD-1234 I wish to save this value to a variable for use in later commands... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: philjo
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution issue with shell script - works in a different environment

Hi I get the following error while executing the shell script. I did not get an error when I ran the script in a different environment (unix server). str-token.ksh: 0403-057 Syntax error at line 20 : `(' is not expected. This is the line which gives error string=(${pos_array}) Please find... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hidnana
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with capturing homedir via ssh and saving to variable

I need to capture the homedir using the ssh command and then saving it to a variable. The results from the following command is what I need to capture to a variable: NOTE: the value I'm getting back is also incorrect. as it seems to be getting the home dir from the local server and not the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reneuend
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble saving variable

Hi, I have problems when you save a variable of a command. I have put the following line: CONEXION_BAGDAD = $ (grep-c "Please login with USER and PASS" $ LOG_FILE_BAGDAD) But I returned the following error: syntax error at line 67: `CONEXION_BAGDAD = $ 'unexpected Because it can happen?... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: danietepa
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expand an environment variable in sed, when the variable contains a slash

I'm trying to make a sed substitution where the substitution pattern is an environment variable to be expanded, but the variable contains a "slash". sed -e 's/<HOME_DIRECTORY>/'$HOME'/'This gives me the following error: sed: -e expression #1, char 21: unknown option to `s'Obviously this is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ilja
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Non trivial file splitting, saving with variable filename

Hello, Although I have found similar questions, I could not find advice that could help with our problem. The issue: We have a few thousands text files (books). Each book has many chapters. Each chapter is identified by a cite-key. We need to split each of those book files by... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: samask
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - saving results of external script to variable.

So, I've been playing with speeding up some analysis we do by using multiple threads of awk (actually, mawk, but code-compatible as far as I use it) on multiple CPU cores. So, I have a big data file and I have several copies of exactly the same processor script, written in mawk. I also have a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: treesloth
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Saving Mod in a variable

Hello Experts, In one of my shell script, I've been trying to calculate mod and saving it in a variable, below is what I have tried but it isn't working. Any help appreciated!!! #!/bin/bash num1=4 num2=3 echo "Number one is $num1" echo "Number two is $num2" mod_final=$(( echo "num1%num2"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukulverma2408
7 Replies
CPUSET(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						 CPUSET(3)

NAME
cpuset_create, cpuset_destroy, cpuset_zero, cpuset_set, cpuset_clr, cpuset_isset, cpuset_size -- dynamic CPU sets SYNOPSIS
#include <sched.h> cpuset_t * cpuset_create(void); void cpuset_destroy(cpuset_t *set); void cpuset_zero(cpuset_t *set); int cpuset_set(cpuid_t cpu, cpuset_t *set); int cpuset_clr(cpuid_t cpu, cpuset_t *set); int cpuset_isset(cpuid_t cpu, const cpuset_t *set); size_t cpuset_size(const cpuset_t *set); DESCRIPTION
This section describes the functions used to create, set, use and destroy the dynamic CPU sets. This API can be used with the POSIX threads, see pthread(3) and affinity(3). The ID of the primary CPU in the system is 0. FUNCTIONS
cpuset_create() Allocates and initializes a clean CPU-set. Returns the pointer to the CPU-set, or NULL on failure. cpuset_destroy(set) Destroy the CPU-set specified by set. cpuset_zero(set) Makes the CPU-set specified by set clean, that is, memory is initialized to zero bytes, and none of the CPUs set. cpuset_set(cpu, set) Sets the CPU specified by cpu in set. Returns zero on success, and -1 if cpu is invalid. cpuset_clr(cpu, set) Clears the CPU specified by cpu in the CPU-set set. Returns zero on success, and -1 if cpu is invalid. cpuset_isset(cpu, set) Checks if CPU specified by cpu is set in the CPU-set set. Returns the positive number if set, zero if not set, and -1 if cpu is invalid. cpuset_size(set) Returns the size in bytes of CPU-set specified by set. SEE ALSO
affinity(3), pset(3), sched(3), schedctl(8), kcpuset(9) HISTORY
The dynamic CPU sets appeared in NetBSD 5.0. BSD
November 2, 2011 BSD