Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Searching invalid character in list of client name Post 302922755 by pallvi_mahajan on Tuesday 28th of October 2014 07:45:39 AM
Old 10-28-2014
No No homework, am working and i need this script to minimize my work in office

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

searching for $ character

I need to search in text files for the $ character. I tried putting it in double quotes and single quotes . ie grep "$" filename but unix finds everything in the file. Whats the best way to do this? thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MizzGail
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching a string for a character

I have a co-worker that is trying to make a Wheel of Fortune game and he wants to know if there is a way to search a string for the letter given by the user. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: turbulence
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Searching a particular character in a file

Hi, I want to search how many times is "a" present in a file named "data". How to do this? Please help (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gautamshaw
4 Replies

4. Linux

Invalid Character

Hi, I am using a Perl script to generate a report file in Linux server. When my input data contains an invalid character which looks like hyphen after that my program is printing junk values in the report. Why that symbol is causing issue and is there a way to tell the server that this is a valid... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lawrance_ps
1 Replies

5. Solaris

An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x1a)

While uploading an exl file to my application in Solaris 10 the upload failed with error Error! Parsing Error: /SPLM/TC83/tcdata83/model/model_dbextract.xml Line:65576 Column:73 An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x1a) was found in the value of attribute "unitOfMeasureSymbol" and element is ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: karghum
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: Searching for length of words between slash character

Dear UNIX Community, I have a set of file paths like the one below: \\folder name \ folder1 \ folder2 \ folder3 \ folder4 \\folder name \ very long folder name \ even longer name I would like to find the length of the characters (including space) between the \'s. However, I want... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vnayak
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Exclude new line character while searching

Hi, I have a log file and want to search "0.48976360737438795" with excluding new line character. Currently i am using the following command: cat LogFile.log | tr -d '\n' | grep '0.48976360737438795' This command giving me the response if file size is small but if i am using a big file... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankit jain
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching Alphanumeric Character From a File

Hi, In a error log file, the error code of a particular error contains both Alphabet and Numbers. My problem statement is to find the error codes from a particular log. That means, I need to search a word, which contains both alphabet and number. Please help me. Below is two examples of error... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snehasish_jana
1 Replies

9. AIX

Bison -pap_expr_yy invalid character:% unexpected "identifier" while running make for Apache2.4.3 64

The Follwing packages are installed on my AIX 6.1 box gcc-4.7.2-1 gcc-c++-4.7.2-1 gcc-cpp-4.7.2-1 gcc-gfortran-4.7.2-1 libgcc-4.7.2-1 libgomp-4.7.2-1 libstdc++-4.7.2-1 libstdc++-devel-4.7.2-1 gmp-5.0.5-1 libmpc-1.0.1-2 libmpc-devel-1.0.1-2 libmpcdec-1.2.6-1 libmpcdec-devel-1.2.6-1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashish Gupta
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find invalid character

HI Team, I have script to find the invalid character in file. f=’pallvi\mahajan’ n=0 while (( $n <= ${#f} )); do c="${f:$n:1}" echo '$c' if *] ]]; then grep -sq $c valid.txt if ; then echo "$f" >> f.txt break fi fi (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: pallvi_mahajan
18 Replies
SSL_CTX_set_client_CA_list(3)					      OpenSSL					     SSL_CTX_set_client_CA_list(3)

NAME
SSL_CTX_set_client_CA_list, SSL_set_client_CA_list, SSL_CTX_add_client_CA, SSL_add_client_CA - set list of CAs sent to the client when requesting a client certificate SYNOPSIS
#include <openssl/ssl.h> void SSL_CTX_set_client_CA_list(SSL_CTX *ctx, STACK_OF(X509_NAME) *list); void SSL_set_client_CA_list(SSL *s, STACK_OF(X509_NAME) *list); int SSL_CTX_add_client_CA(SSL_CTX *ctx, X509 *cacert); int SSL_add_client_CA(SSL *ssl, X509 *cacert); DESCRIPTION
SSL_CTX_set_client_CA_list() sets the list of CAs sent to the client when requesting a client certificate for ctx. SSL_set_client_CA_list() sets the list of CAs sent to the client when requesting a client certificate for the chosen ssl, overriding the setting valid for ssl's SSL_CTX object. SSL_CTX_add_client_CA() adds the CA name extracted from cacert to the list of CAs sent to the client when requesting a client certificate for ctx. SSL_add_client_CA() adds the CA name extracted from cacert to the list of CAs sent to the client when requesting a client certificate for the chosen ssl, overriding the setting valid for ssl's SSL_CTX object. NOTES
When a TLS/SSL server requests a client certificate (see SSL_CTX_set_verify_options()), it sends a list of CAs, for which it will accept certificates, to the client. This list must explicitly be set using SSL_CTX_set_client_CA_list() for ctx and SSL_set_client_CA_list() for the specific ssl. The list specified overrides the previous setting. The CAs listed do not become trusted (list only contains the names, not the complete certifi- cates); use SSL_CTX_load_verify_locations(3) to additionally load them for verification. If the list of acceptable CAs is compiled in a file, the SSL_load_client_CA_file(3) function can be used to help importing the necessary data. SSL_CTX_add_client_CA() and SSL_add_client_CA() can be used to add additional items the list of client CAs. If no list was specified before using SSL_CTX_set_client_CA_list() or SSL_set_client_CA_list(), a new client CA list for ctx or ssl (as appropriate) is opened. These functions are only useful for TLS/SSL servers. RETURN VALUES
SSL_CTX_set_client_CA_list() and SSL_set_client_CA_list() do not return diagnostic information. SSL_CTX_add_client_CA() and SSL_add_client_CA() have the following return values: 1 The operation succeeded. 0 A failure while manipulating the STACK_OF(X509_NAME) object occurred or the X509_NAME could not be extracted from cacert. Check the error stack to find out the reason. EXAMPLES
Scan all certificates in CAfile and list them as acceptable CAs: SSL_CTX_set_client_CA_list(ctx,SSL_load_client_CA_file(CAfile)); SEE ALSO
ssl(3), SSL_get_client_CA_list(3), SSL_load_client_CA_file(3), SSL_CTX_load_verify_locations(3) 0.9.7a 2001-04-12 SSL_CTX_set_client_CA_list(3)