Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Alter existing script to work with longer file name Post 302922672 by scribling on Monday 27th of October 2014 03:13:36 PM
Old 10-27-2014
Yes! That works perfectly. Thank you!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alter Table Shell Script

I want to add some columns to a existing tables through a shell script. Please help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankitgupta
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

writeExcelXML will work on existing excel sheet

I want to know that will SpreadSheet::WriteExcelXML will work on the existing excel file. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akash
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Alter Problem--need help

i have 3 files a.txt , b.txt and c.txt each files have keyfields and some column fields e.g. a.txt keyfield1 keyfield2 keyfield3 col1 col2 col3 1 2 3 44 55 66 4 5 6 92 48 33 .....................etc.................. b.txt keyfield1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

folder existing and file existing

I want to look into a folder to see if there are any folders within it. If there are, I need to check inside each folder to see if it contains a .pdf file So If /myserver/myfolder/ contains a folder AND that folder conatins a .pdf file do X Else do Z I may have multiple folders and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: crowman
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to alter grub menu.lst

Hi folks, I have a dual-boot Ubuntu/Windows machine and I wanted to create a script to change the menu.lst file so it will change the default boot partition (this is so I can reload the machine remotely and allow it to boot to the Windows partition). Today I have to sudo cp a template file I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ppucci
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

alter data in a file

Hi , I have data in file like below. status ----------- ------ 2287 C 1502 E 19 can anyone pls help me how can i get it modified as below status 2287|C|1502 E|19 can someone pls help. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaddamja
2 Replies

7. Programming

SQL: Alter existing bool after printing

I'm writing a DB to manage books & dvd's for the library. So after they added more books/dvd's, they press the print button and all newly added entries are printed. That is, as it prints all 'printed = false' entries, which (false) is the default value for that field for each new entry. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alter Fixed Width File

Thank u so much .Its working fine as expected. ---------- Post updated at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:46 PM ---------- I need one more help. I have another file(fixed length) that will get negative value (ex:-00000000003000) in postion (98 - 112) then i have to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinus
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alter awk script to reformat output

Data: 0,mfrh_green_screen,1455432969,37540,/prod/test/system/sys/unikixmain.log,3.0M,mfrh_green_screen,3120660,0,36964--37540 0,mfrh_green_screen,1455433269,38100,/prod/test/system/sys/unikixmain.log,3.1M,mfrh_green_screen,3164223,0,37540--38100... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies
SHUNIT2(1)																SHUNIT2(1)

NAME
shunit2 - A unit test framework for shell scripts SYNOPSIS
shunit2 unitfile DESCRIPTION
shUnit2 is a xUnit unit test framework for Bourne based shell scripts, and it is designed to work in a similar manner to JUnit, PyUnit, etc.. If you have ever had the desire to write a unit test for a shell script, shUnit2 can do the job. You can either run shunit2 directly from the commandline and specify the unit file or directly source the shunit2 executable. If you directly execute shunit2 and don't specify a unitfile shunit2 assumes a empty testfile and will return without an error message. EXAMPLE
Simple script to test if 1 equals 1 #! /bin/sh testEquality() { assertEquals 1 1 } # load shunit2 . shunit2 Execute shUnit2 unit tests directly from the commandline shunit2 /path/to/unit/file OPTIONS
shunit2 does not support any commandline options at all. You can either source shunit2 to execute your unit tests or directly run shunit2 as a commandline script. SEE ALSO
For more information see http://code.google.com/p/shunit2/ or have a look at the installed documentation in /usr/share/doc/shunit2/ AUTHOR
shunit2 was written by Kate Ward <kate.ward@forestent.com>. This manpage was written by Ulrich Dangel <mru@spamt.net>. 2.1.6 03/25/2012 SHUNIT2(1)