Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Football formation
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Football formation Post 302922596 by Don Cragun on Monday 27th of October 2014 05:43:41 AM
Old 10-27-2014
Maybe I'm lost because I'm used to American football, but I don't understand the rules that are being used to create the output you are expecting from your four given input files.

Why does this need to be done using perl? Is this a homework assignment?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

date command op formation

Dear All I am facing below mention problem plz suggest me solution. Op of date command: > date Tue Jan 1 12:17:52 IST 2008 Now i want Jan 1 12: or Jan 1 12 op in some another variable. I had tried awk but if give me problem when there is date comes in 2 digit i.e. greater that 9.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaydeep_sadaria
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formation of sql files

Dear Experts, I have a scenario where I have to form sql queries in a file using echo command. I have file1 which has more than 10 lac numbers. For each Number in file 1, I need to create 5 sql queries resulting in 50 lac queries totally. For doing this I use the below simple method, for i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naga06
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl string formation from array

HI I ma using perl programming my perl is like this $InputFile = $ENV{UDE_TMP} . "/" ."cre_fmr_gen.temp_data_file_gen.dat"; @duplicates = `cat $InputFile | cut -d "|" -f 1,1 | sort | uniq -c | awk '{ if(\$1>1) {print \$2;}}'`; my $cusiplist ; foreach $cusip (@duplicates) {... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ptappeta
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Data formation

I have a data like as follows, I need to format it as shown in as below. Request you to help me here ? I/P aa|3|1 aa|4|2 bb|3|1 bb|4|1 cc|3|26 cc|4|1 O/P aa|3|1|4|2 bb|3|1|4|1 cc|3|26|4|1 Thanks, Srikanth (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanth38
5 Replies

5. Programming

Perl script to create football formation

I need help to create varieties of football formation. The available positions are: GK SW DR DC DL WBR DM WBL MR MC ML AMR AMC AML ST But the conditions are: a. the maximum number in 1 formation: GK is 1 SW is 1 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tzeronone
1 Replies

6. Programming

Not a repeated question (Perl Script Create Football Formation)

https://www.unix.com/programming/252468-perl-script-create-football-formation.html https://www.unix.com/members/43551.html, it is not repeated question. please read it before u block my question. Unblock it for me. Thanks:mad: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tzeronone
0 Replies
YAPP(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						  YAPP(1p)

NAME
yapp - A perl frontend to the Parse::Yapp module SYNOPSYS
yapp [options] grammar[.yp] yapp -V yapp -h DESCRIPTION
yapp is a frontend to the Parse::Yapp module, which lets you compile Parse::Yapp grammar input files into Perl LALR(1) OO parser modules. OPTIONS
Options, as of today, are all optionals :-) -v Creates a file grammar.output describing your parser. It will show you a summary of conflicts, rules, the DFA (Deterministic Finite Automaton) states and overall usage of the parser. -s Create a standalone module in which the driver is included. Note that if you have more than one parser module called from a program, to have it standalone, you need this option only for one of your parser module. -n Disable source file line numbering embedded in your parser module. I don't know why one should need it, but it's there. -m module Gives your parser module the package name (or name space or module name or class name or whatever-you-call-it) of module. It defaults to grammar -o outfile The compiled output file will be named outfile for your parser module. It defaults to grammar.pm or, if you specified the option -m A::Module::Name (see below), to Name.pm. -t filename The -t filename option allows you to specify a file which should be used as template for generating the parser output. The default is to use the internal template defined in Parse::Yapp::Output.pm. For how to write your own template and which substitutions are available, have a look to the module Parse::Yapp::Output.pm : it should be obvious. -b shebang If you work on systems that understand so called shebangs, and your generated parser is directly an executable script, you can specifie one with the -b option, ie: yapp -b '/usr/local/bin/perl -w' -o myscript.pl myscript.yp This will output a file called myscript.pl whose very first line is: #!/usr/local/bin/perl -w The argument is mandatory, but if you specify an empty string, the value of $Config{perlpath} will be used instead. grammar The input grammar file. If no suffix is given, and the file does not exists, an attempt to open the file with a suffix of .yp is tried before exiting. -V Display current version of Parse::Yapp and gracefully exits. -h Display the usage screen. BUGS
None known now :-) AUTHOR
Francois Desarmenien <francois@fdesar.net> COPYRIGHT
(c) Copyright 1998-1999 Francois Desarmenien, all rights reserved. See Parse::Yapp(3) for legal use and distribution rights SEE ALSO
Parse::Yapp(3) Perl(1) yacc(1) bison(1) perl v5.10.1 2001-02-11 YAPP(1p)