Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mtime issue
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Mtime issue Post 302922588 by jlliagre on Monday 27th of October 2014 05:09:34 AM
Old 10-27-2014
Does this happen in a timezone where the DST precisely changed on October the 26th ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mtime vs ctime

:D i have a slight problem and would appreciate if someone could clarify the confusion.. i use find alot and so far i have done ok.. but it just struck me a couple of days ago that I am not quite sure what the difference between the modification time and the change time as in ctime and mtime and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mtime help!!!!!

thank you for the help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scooter17
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

mtime

hi, :) consider the following statement find . -type f -mtime -1 -print here what is the use of -1 option. any help? cheers RRK (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi raj kumar
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

-mtime +30

Hello, Can someone help me to understand the following: find /test/rman/ -mtime +30 -exec rm '{}' \; What does -mtime +30 mean? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Blue68
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

mtime

Hi, I've some files of some past days and everyday some new files are also getting added to the same. Now how can i use mtime to get the files of the current date i.e if i want the files of 25th feb 2009 and if im finding the files on 25th 12:10 am then i should only get the files after... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss_ss
4 Replies

6. AIX

-mtime Problem

Hi, I'm using command "find . -mtime +10 -type f -print" to list the files 10 days or older but I'm getting the files which are even created today. What am I doing wrong? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gbyte
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

(find) mtime vs. (unix) mtime

Hi I've made some test with perl script to learn more about mtime... So, my question is : Why the mtime from findfind /usr/local/sbin -ctime -1 -mtime -1 \( -name "*.log" -o -name "*.gz" \) -print are not the same as mtime from unix/linux in ls -ltr or in stat() function in perl : stat -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiddenshadow
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rsync and mtime

Hi, I'm sure this will be covered here already somewhere, but a search didn't throw up anything. I'm trying to work out the extra bits needed in this command for this rsync so that it only copies files less than 7 days old: rsync me@host:/logs/* . I'm sure it just needs the mtime -7... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlam
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find by name and mtime

Hi, I'm trying to find all files that have a .ksh and .p extension and that are 7 days old by using the below find command but it doesn't seem to as expected. It gives me random results.. Can someone point out what may be wrong? find . -name "*.ksh" -o -name "*.p" -mtime -7 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jazmania
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mtime or the equivalent for HP-UX

Is there a way that we can add the equivalent of "mtime +3" to HP-UX OS? AIX has mtime that can filter older than how many days, but it is hard to put it for HP-UX. I am trying to filter out the output with older than 3 days. Thank you so much!! lpstat -o |grep -v bytes |sort -nkb1 | ??... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: danielshell
8 Replies
timezone(4)							   File Formats 						       timezone(4)

NAME
timezone - default timezone data base SYNOPSIS
/etc/timezone DESCRIPTION
The timezone file contains information regarding the default timezone for each host in a domain. Alternatively, a single default line for the entire domain may be specified. Each entry has the format: Timezone-name official-host-or-domain-name Items are separated by any number of blanks and/or TAB characters. A `#' indicates the beginning of a comment; characters up to the end of the line are not interpreted by routines which search the file. The timezone is a pathname relative to the directory /usr/share/lib/zone- info. This file is not actually referenced by any system software; it is merely used as a source file to construct the NIS timezone.byname map. This map is read by sysidtool(1M) to initialize the timezone of the client system at installation time. For more information, see the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations. The timezone file does not set the timezone environment variable TZ. See TIMEZONE(4) for information to set the TZ environment variable. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Typical timezone line Here is a typical line from the /etc/timezone file: US/Eastern East.Sun.COM #Sun East Coast FILES
/etc/timezone SEE ALSO
sysidtool(1M), TIMEZONE(4) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations SunOS 5.10 18 Feb 2003 timezone(4)