Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Alter existing script to work with longer file name Post 302922351 by Chubler_XL on Thursday 23rd of October 2014 10:45:09 PM
Old 10-23-2014
OK that is actually a little easier:

Code:
for file in "$@"
do
        ext=${file##*.}
        base=${file%.*}
        num=${base##*[v_]}
        base=${base%$num}
        num=$((10#$num+1))
        new=$(printf '%s%03d.%s' "$base" "$num" "$ext")
        cp -nv "$file" "$new"
done

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alter Table Shell Script

I want to add some columns to a existing tables through a shell script. Please help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankitgupta
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

writeExcelXML will work on existing excel sheet

I want to know that will SpreadSheet::WriteExcelXML will work on the existing excel file. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akash
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Alter Problem--need help

i have 3 files a.txt , b.txt and c.txt each files have keyfields and some column fields e.g. a.txt keyfield1 keyfield2 keyfield3 col1 col2 col3 1 2 3 44 55 66 4 5 6 92 48 33 .....................etc.................. b.txt keyfield1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

folder existing and file existing

I want to look into a folder to see if there are any folders within it. If there are, I need to check inside each folder to see if it contains a .pdf file So If /myserver/myfolder/ contains a folder AND that folder conatins a .pdf file do X Else do Z I may have multiple folders and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: crowman
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to alter grub menu.lst

Hi folks, I have a dual-boot Ubuntu/Windows machine and I wanted to create a script to change the menu.lst file so it will change the default boot partition (this is so I can reload the machine remotely and allow it to boot to the Windows partition). Today I have to sudo cp a template file I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ppucci
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

alter data in a file

Hi , I have data in file like below. status ----------- ------ 2287 C 1502 E 19 can anyone pls help me how can i get it modified as below status 2287|C|1502 E|19 can someone pls help. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaddamja
2 Replies

7. Programming

SQL: Alter existing bool after printing

I'm writing a DB to manage books & dvd's for the library. So after they added more books/dvd's, they press the print button and all newly added entries are printed. That is, as it prints all 'printed = false' entries, which (false) is the default value for that field for each new entry. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alter Fixed Width File

Thank u so much .Its working fine as expected. ---------- Post updated at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:46 PM ---------- I need one more help. I have another file(fixed length) that will get negative value (ex:-00000000003000) in postion (98 - 112) then i have to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinus
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alter awk script to reformat output

Data: 0,mfrh_green_screen,1455432969,37540,/prod/test/system/sys/unikixmain.log,3.0M,mfrh_green_screen,3120660,0,36964--37540 0,mfrh_green_screen,1455433269,38100,/prod/test/system/sys/unikixmain.log,3.1M,mfrh_green_screen,3164223,0,37540--38100... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD