Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Dumping database results and doing checksums Post 302922156 by Samuel12 on Wednesday 22nd of October 2014 08:25:03 PM
Old 10-22-2014
sum seems to be doing the trick. can someone comment on what it does im still researching .

how is it that if i go into a large file and change one letter it picks up that change? what is behind that?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dumping files to tape

Can anyone please help.... how can I dump just a single file to tape using the ufsrestore command!!! I'm a newbie to unix and It's driving me mad.. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jonathan
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Dumping multiple Folders

How would i go about dumping my /home/ directory and my /root directory i currently have..... dump -f /root/backup.dp /home/ /root/ ...but dump only seems to see only my first source directory and not the second (/root in this case) anyone know a way around this..or if it is even... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Freakytah
1 Replies

3. BSD

Checksums in Microsoft FTP Server

hi, I wanted to know from anyone out there a way to perform a checksum command on a Microsoft FTP Server for a file and compare this with the checksum of the file that was transferred from a Unix machine. Thanks, Erick (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ewhindle
0 Replies

4. BSD

Checksums in Microsoft FTP Server

hi, I wanted to know from anyone out there a way to perform a checksum command on a Microsoft FTP Server for a file and compare this with the checksum of the file that was transferred from a Unix machine. Thanks, Erick (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ewhindle
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dumping network packets

Hi, My Solaris Workstation has got 4 NICS, out of which one of them(bge3) is unplugged from the rest of the external network & connected to other interface(bge1). The isolated NIC serves as a simulated Ethernet Interface for my application under development. Now, I'd like to capture RAW... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smanu
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Core Dumping?

How to now if the server is core dumping into the same filesystem? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 300zxmuro
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can ctag and cscope support recording search results and displaying the history results ?

Hello , When using vim, can ctag and cscope support recording search results and displaying the history results ? Once I jump to one tag, I can use :tnext to jump to next tag, but how can I display the preview search result? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 915086731
0 Replies

8. Programming

Serial file transfer protocol / checksums

Hello ppl, I'm working on a windows program simulating an existing Unix program, the program is a firmware downloader, it sends a binary firmware file through the serial port (rs232) to a Set-Top Box running under unix system too, as i'm a poor unix user and not a unix programmer i choosed the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nidal
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to store "scp" results in a database table?

Hi, When I use scp to copy a file from other location, I get the output like filename, time taken etc on console. I want to store that into a database table (in oracle). Could someone give me some pointers on how to achieve this? Regards, Sachin Vaidya (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: notthatsachin
1 Replies
fitscheck(1)							   PyFITS 3.0.7 						      fitscheck(1)

NAME
fitscheck - script to detect and fix FITS standards violations SYNOPSIS
fitscheck [OPTION]... [FILE]... DESCRIPTION
fitscheck is a command line script based on pyfits for verifying and updating the CHECKSUM and DATASUM keywords of FITS files. itscheck can also detect and often fix other FITS standards violations. fitscheck facilitates re-writing the non-standard checksums originally gen- erated by pyfits with standard checksums which will interoperate with cfitsio. fitscheck will refuse to write new checksums if the checksum keywords are missing or their values are bad. Use --force to write new check- sums regardless of whether or not they currently exist or pass. Use --ignore-missing to tolerate missing checksum keywords without com- ment. OPTIONS
-h, --help Display terse usage information (help). -k [standard | nonstandard | either | none], --checksum=[standard | nonstandard | either | none] Choose FITS checksum mode or none. Defaults to standard. -w, --write Write out file checksums and/or FITS compliance fixes. -f, --force Do file update even if original checksum was bad. -c, --compliance Do FITS compliance checking, fix if possible. -i, --ignore-missing Ignore missing checksums. -v, --verbose Generate extra output. EXAMPLES
% fitscheck --checksum either --write *.fits Verify and update checksums, tolerating non-standard checksums, updating to standard checksum. % fitscheck --write --force *.fits Write new checksums, even if existing checksums are bad or missing. % fitscheck --compliance *.fits Verify standard checksums and FITS compliance without changing the files. % fitscheck --checksum nonstandard *.fits Verify original nonstandard checksums only. % fitscheck --checksum none --compliance --write *.fits Only check and fix compliance problems, ignoring checksums. % fitscheck *.fits Verify standard interoperable checksums. % fitscheck --checksum none --write *.fits Delete checksum keywords. fitscheck June 2012 fitscheck(1)