Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How to compile .sh script using g++? Post 302922057 by Skrynesaver on Wednesday 22nd of October 2014 03:58:24 AM
Old 10-22-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by nypreH
Hi guys.
Thanks everyone for the answers.
The idea is to not allow ppl see the code itself but allow them to use script.
I've found shc but didn't use it yet. Furthemore I red that its possible to decompile scripts ))
So, there no way to keep the CODE not visible to others?
If someone is interested enough it is impossible to keep the instructions contained in code that they are running locally from them in any language.

The degree of difficulty in decompiling a C++ program is obviously greater than that of decompiling a shell script, (no smart remarks about Perl please), but ultimately the user has to be able to read the file they are executing.

It is possible to respond to authenticate a remote request and execute it thus denying the user access to the executable they are running (though to be pedantic it it the application server that runs the code in this instance).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

help to compile

Hello everybody, I have a small opensource project http://hpaftpd.sourceforge.net (single-threaded ftp-server). It tested with FreeBSD and Linux. Can anybody try it with another UNIX system ? I'm interesting about HP/UX and Solaris. I would very much appreciate receiving any results about it. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wwwdev
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Help to compile

Hi everybody, I have a small opensource project http://hpaftpd.sourceforge.net (single-threaded ftp-server for heavy network traffic). It tested with FreeBSD and Linux. Can anybody try it with another Unix system? I'm interesting about HP/UX and Solaris. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wwwdev
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compile a stored procedure that is there with in a script file(.sql) in unix

Hi, How can i compile the procedure code that is there in a script file (.sql) in unix. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna_gnv
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

compile a shell script

How can i compile a KSH shell script. I Dont want to execute it. I just need to compile it . Any Help sincerly appreciated. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: panyam
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help - Bug: A script to compile two types of data files into two temporary files

Dear other forum members, I'm writing a script for my homework, but I'm scratching all over my head and still can't figure out what I did wrong. Please help me. I just started to learn about bash scripting, and I appreciate if anyone of you can point out my errors. I thank you in advance. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilove2smoke
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to compile Shell Script

Hi there, I have written the shell script to illustrate arithmetic operations using case command as shown below: #!/bin/bash echo -n "Enter any two numbers :" read a read b MENU=" Select any one option 1) Addition 2) Substraction 3) Multiplication 4) Division 5) Quit" clear $x=0;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: grc
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compiling gcc to compile make to compile yaboot

I have just installed OpenBSD on a 333MHz PPC iMac G3. It has a 6GB HDD that has been partitioned as 1GB MacOS 8.5.1, 3GB MacOS X 10.3.9, 2GB OpenBSD 4.8. I now need to install a bootloader so that my computer can recognize the OpenBSD partition at startup. I have been trying to install... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: t04st3r
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script to compile multiple .c files with some options

I'm trying to write a bash script and call it "compile" such that running it allows me to compile multiple files with the options "-help," "-backup," and "-clean". I've got the code for the options written, i just can't figure out how to read the input string and then translate that into option... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: travis.batzer
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compile or debug line by line in shell script?

I know about bash -x, set -x and -v but disappears from Command Line Interface in fraction of second ...... I am looking for a command or script ..complies each line and shows the output after executing each line ....( similar what we have in C ) Thanks in Advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frintocf
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compile this?

I want to compile cryptsetup keyslot_checker , but I get error gcc -lm -lcryptsetup chk_luks_keyslots.c -o chk_luks_keyslots chk_luks_keyslots.c:39:27: fatal error: libcryptsetup.h: No such file or directory #include <libcryptsetup.h>in FAQ they say There is a tool that automatizes this in the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zognadal
0 Replies
asadmin-delete-instance(1AS)					   User Commands				      asadmin-delete-instance(1AS)

NAME
delete-instance - deletes the instance that is not running. SYNOPSIS
delete-instance [--user admin_user] [--password admin_password] [--host localhost] [--port 4848] [--local=false] [--domain domain_name] [--passwordfile filename] [--secure|-s]instance_name Use the delete-instance command to delete the instance that you specify. The delete-instance command can be run both locally and remotely. To delete the instance locally, not requiring the administration server to be up and running, specify the --local option. To delete the instance remotely, the administration server must be running on the hostname and port number specified. The user authenticates using the password identified for the administration server. Additionally, the instance must already exist within the domain served by the adminis- tration server. Use this command with discretion since it is destructive and there is no undo. OPTIONS
--user administrative user associated for the instance. --password administrative password corresponding to the administrative user. --host host name of the machine hosting the administrative instance. --port administrative port number associated with the administrative host. --domain name of the domain. --local determines if the command should delegate the request to administrative instance or run locally. --passwordfile file containing passwords appropriate for the command (e.g., administrative instance). --secure if true, SSL/TLS to communicate with the administrative instance. OPERANDS
instance_name name of the instance to be deleted. Example 1: Using delete-instance in local mode asadmin> delete-instance --domain domain1 server1 Deleted Instance server1 successfully Where: the server1 instance for the domain1 domain is deleted on the local machine. Example 2: Using delete-instance in remote mode asadmin> delete-instance --user admin --passwordfile passwords.txt --host localhost --port 4848 server1 Deleted Instance server1 successfully Where: the server1 instance for the domain associated with the specified user, passwords in the password file, host, and port number is deleted on the remote machine. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command INTERFACE EQUIVALENT
Server Instance page asadmin-create-instance(1AS), asadmin-start-instance(1AS), asadmin-stop-instance(1AS), asadmin-restart-instance(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-delete-instance(1AS)