Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Set java classes path
Top Forums Programming Set java classes path Post 302921873 by jim mcnamara on Monday 20th of October 2014 04:39:35 PM
Old 10-20-2014
What development environment are you using - Eclipse?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

set path

hi how do i change the default PATH in my system. i log in as root, and i have .profile file in my / directory. ive put the PATH=.:/usr.......... statement, but that doesnt seem to be working i also wanted to know why exactly we need the profile file in etc? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: strider
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call Java classes/methods from ksh

Hi all, i am new to shell scripts and have one doubt. Can we call ava classes/methods from shell scripts? if yes how? (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.sh
17 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to set path for java in UNIX

How to set path for java in UNIX? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: subhotech
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Set java Path

Hey eveyone, I am new to unix, and I just installed java 6, however it doesn't recognize javac command I tried to set the path such as: set path="/usr/java/jdk1.6.0_06/bin/ but i still got the same error message. any ideas? -andi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adtd8
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Not Able to Set the path

Hi, I want to set the path for my application so I am setting the path as below -- PATH=${PATH}:.:/envs/mldev/tools:/envs/mldev/common/tools:${HOME}:/bin/p4v:/usr/j2se:/usr/j2se/bin:/usr/j2se/lib or PATH="\ /usr/bin:\ /usr/sbin:\ /usr/dt/bin:\ ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
7 Replies

6. Programming

how can compile cpp code containing references to java classes

hi there is example (on link given below )of such code that contains java class reference in c++ program. http://slackware.cs.utah.edu/pub/slackware/slackware-7.1/docs/Linux-HOWTO/Process-Monitor-HOWTO I am new in linux environment. and not able to compile it. when i compile it through... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: surinder
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I set the path

Very new to this type of thing so go easy on me....... I have downloaded a command language for data display. It came as ncl_ncarg-5.2.1.MacOS_10.6_i386_64bit_gcc421.tar.gz and I unzipped/tarred it into my local directory. The new directory, ncl_ncarg-5.2.1.MacOS_10.6_i386_64bit_gcc421,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: davcra
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Path set

Something changed on my unix box. Now when I log in it is showing entire path. It used to show only $ prompt before. I know I need to do something in .profile to show only $ prompt Could you please tell me what I should do, to show only $ prompt. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raopatwari
4 Replies

9. Programming

Java Abstract Classes

Can anyone tell me if this is correct when creating classes in Java? public abstract class Animal { public class Point { public int x,y; } public class Animal { protected Point loc; protected String name; protected Random rng; String... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: totoro125
3 Replies

10. Programming

Java compilation problem - path not set

I am compiling the Java program in the Command Prompt then one error has appeared that you did not have set the path of java folder then I also set the path to go in the environment variables but I have the same issue. What should I do to resolve this issue? Please don't hijack others'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nancy Wilson
4 Replies
PREFIX(1)						      General Commands Manual							 PREFIX(1)

NAME
prefix - Script that allows you to reconfigure environment variables for multiple installations of a set of software installed on the same machine SYNOPSIS
prefix DESCRIPTION
It is assumed that the software for each installation is all under a single directory whose name is assigned to an environment variable called PREFIX. This arrangement of enabling multiple installations of software on a single machine is useful at many times. On a single server, it can provide for development, test, and production installations of software. Alternatively, on development servers, it allows for multiple development "sandboxes", one for each developer. On production servers, it allows for multiple versions of the production software to be installed. One might be the currently running software, one the previous software kept online as a fall-back, and one a new release of software wich is scheduled to be brought online soon. There are three usages of the prefix script: (1) The interactive usage should be placed as the last line of a user's ".profile". The user must be running the Korn shell (ksh) or the Bourne Again shell (bash). The user is prompted to enter one of the known PREFIX locations, specified in the $HOME/.prefixes file or the /etc/prefixes file. During configuration, the $PREFIX/.prefixrc file is sourced in order to accomplish environment-specific configurations. (2) The non-interactive user configuration does not consult $HOME/.prefixes or /etc/prefixes or prompt the user, but merely configures the environment in accordance with the cmd line argument. (3) The batch command usage is mainly for running commands from cron or running commands in another environment without changing to that environment. Usage (1): . prefix (sets up environment) (2): . prefix <prefix> (non-interactive setup) (3): prefix <prefix> <cmd> <args> (runs cmd configured for PREFIX) This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. AUTHOR
Prefix was written by Stephen Adkins <spadkins@gmail.com>, and is part of the App-Options distribution. This manual page was written by Jotam Jr. Trejo <jotamjr@debian.org.sv>, for the Debian systems (but may be used by others). Oct 07, 2010 PREFIX(1)