Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Tip: file_exists function
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Tip: file_exists function Post 302921861 by RudiC on Monday 20th of October 2014 03:01:48 PM
Old 10-20-2014
Ah - got you. Thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

one teaching Tip

Student have huge interest about why so many expert choose use UNIX than MS Windows. I consider that SHARE & OPEN is key point.:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 111000
2 Replies

2. Solaris

tip into 280R

I need to use tip from machine A serial port to machine B serial port. Can someone point me to an example of the correct cable to use? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dangral
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Little bit of a help or just a tip

I am about to do a script that change the COST so i dont need to change each cost. The output looks like this. "OL_ID OL_LINK_COST ----------- ------------ 51 10 52 10 53 10 54 10 55 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maskot
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

if test -f $file_exists

Hi, I have a wiered problem probably unique to me. if test -f "${LOGDIRE}/Component_Name.sql" then echo "<br>Synchronization success<br>" else echo "<br>Sorry! Synchronizing failed" fi Considering, the file is present always, the above condition returns different outputs in each... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nanu_Manju
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris; tip

plz explain TIP in solaris in detail. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: karman0931
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regexp tip

Hello, I'm just starting working on it. I'd like to get a tip For istance if I have a file like: a b c d e f .... and I wanna get: 1a & 2b & 3c 0d & 8e & 4f ..... I would like to use sed and come up with a regular expression that works.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dedalus
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search tip.

How do I find a key word in multiple files.. in a directory.. ? cat *.doc | grep -i myword? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hamon
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Quick awk tip :)

how do i "awk" the date after the from only to compare it on a if statement later . filename example: server1-ips-ultranoob-ok_From_2012_21_12-23:40:23_To_2012_21_12-23:49:45.zip what i want o do is compare only the date from the string in "From_2012_21_12" in this case i only want the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: drd0spt
4 Replies

9. AIX

[TIP] Migration to POWER8

Read "Migration to POWER8" article to get prepared for migration to POWER8: link removed, advertisement (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pave01
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Tip] A better echo

Often it has been said that echo is neither portable nor correct. Here is an input.txt: line1 line2 -n line4 -en line6 -x line8 Then the following fails with BSD/Linux/bash: while IFS= read line do echo "$line" done < input.txt It is elegantly improved by means of an echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MadeInGermany
2 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD