Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Difference between concurrent and enhanced concurrent VG Post 302921215 by DGPickett on Wednesday 15th of October 2014 04:22:44 PM
Old 10-15-2014
Never heard of them, but the latter seem much preferred, like the former is a 32 bit compatibility thing: IBM Knowledge Center

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Definition of Concurrent Users

Can someone guide me in telling me what is a good definition of concurrent users. Is there a website I can go to to get this definition? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpshaw
2 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

concurrent file access

Hi I am fairly new to the Unix environment and need to understand how Unix handles concurrent access to files and how it differs to Win NT. Any help would be greatly appriciated :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: beechwood
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

No concurrent login

Hi, I notice in my Sun Solaris 8 sparc workstatin, I am able to login concurrently using a same user ID. Is there a way to disallow this? That is, at anyone time, the user can have only 1 login session. How can it be done? Thanks (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: champion
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concurrent writing to file

Hi I have a ksh that can have multiple instances running at the same time. The script (each instance) uses the SAME log file to write to. Should this cause a problem or is the ksh clever enough to queue write requests to the file? Thanks. GMMIKE (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GNMIKE
2 Replies

5. IP Networking

concurrent udp server

Just like concurrent tcp server, anyone know how to design the concurrent udp server with the thread? it's best to give some basic examples,thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Frank2004
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

concurrent processes

We have a very large text file..contains almost 100K lines. We want to process this file to generate another text file as per our data requirement. As for now the parsing of data takes 20-25 mins each , for 100K lines. the current script uses : While Read Each Line do parsing.. Done ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amruta Pitkar
6 Replies

7. AIX

chvg -g on Concurrent VG

Hi, on normal (non concurrent) vgs, it's possible to extend a lun on san-storage , and use chvg -g to rewrite vgda, and use disks with the new size for lvm operations is the same procedure possbile on a hacmp-cluster (2 node in our case) with concurrent vgs in active/passive mode? cheers... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
5 Replies

8. Linux

Is Concurrent I/O (CIO) available on Linux?

Hi Guys, I just wondering if any of the AIX gurus with some exposure to Linux Redhat can tell me whether in Linux ( Red Hat or OpenSuse ) we have a similar option/capability like the CIO (Concurrent I/O) which is currently available on AIX. The reason I'm asking is because in the past we... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arizah
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concurrent execution

Hi all, I have a folder with sql files that need to be inserted in a DB with SQL*Plus. The thing is that it takes too long to insert them all one by one, so I want to insert them five at a time. Currently what I use is this: for $FILENAME in *.sql do sqlplus -s $DBUSER@$SID << EOF ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tr0cken
0 Replies

10. AIX

Normal VG to Enhanced Concurrent VG

Hi All, I am going to perform some activity in 2Node HA Server(Active/Passive). For that i have to do some pre-requsite (ie., Resource Group VG's should be Enhanced-Concurrent) In my setup, we have two volume groups in one RG. In that one VG is Normal and another is Enhance Concurrent. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thala
2 Replies
IEEE8021_VAP(9) 					   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual					   IEEE8021_VAP(9)

NAME
net80211_vap -- 802.11 network layer virtual radio support SYNOPSIS
#include <net80211/ieee80211_var.h> int ieee80211_vap_setup(struct ieee80211com *, struct ieee80211vap *, const char name[IFNAMSIZ], int unit, int opmode, int flags, const uint8_t bssid[IEEE80211_ADDR_LEN], const uint8_t macaddr[IEEE80211_ADDR_LEN]); int ieee80211_vap_attach(struct ieee80211vap *, ifm_change_cb_t media_change, ifm_stat_cb_t media_stat); void ieee80211_vap_detach(struct ieee80211vap *); DESCRIPTION
The net80211 software layer provides a support framework for drivers that includes a virtual radio API that is exported to users through net- work interfaces (aka vaps) that are cloned from the underlying device. These interfaces have an operating mode (station, adhoc, hostap, wds, monitor, etc.) that is fixed for the lifetime of the interface. Devices that can support multiple concurrent interfaces allow multiple vaps to be cloned. The virtual radio interface defined by the net80211 layer means that drivers must be structured to follow specific rules. Drivers that sup- port only a single interface at any time must still follow these rules. The virtual radio architecture splits state between a single per-device ieee80211com structure and one or more ieee80211vap structures. Vaps are created with the SIOCIFCREATE2 request. This results in a call into the driver's ic_vap_create method where the driver can decide if the request should be accepted. The vap creation process is done in three steps. First the driver allocates the data structure with malloc(9). This data structure must have an ieee80211vap structure at the front but is usually extended with driver-private state. Next the vap is setup with a call to ieee80211_vap_setup(). This request initializes net80211 state but does not activate the interface. The driver can then override methods setup by net80211 and setup driver resources before finally calling ieee80211_vap_attach() to complete the process. Both these calls must be done without holding any driver locks as work may require the process block/sleep. A vap is deleted when an SIOCIFDESTROY ioctl request is made or when the device detaches (causing all associated vaps to automatically be deleted). Delete requests cause the ic_vap_delete method to be called. Drivers must quiesce the device before calling ieee80211_vap_detach() to deactivate the vap and isolate it from activities such as requests from user applications. The driver can then reclaim resources held by the vap and re-enable device operation. The exact procedure for quiesceing a device is unspecified but typically it involves blocking interrupts and stopping transmit and receive processing. MULTI-VAP OPERATION Drivers are responsible for deciding if multiple vaps can be created and how to manage them. Whether or not multiple concurrent vaps can be supported depends on a device's capabilities. For example, multiple hostap vaps can usually be supported but many devices do not support assigning each vap a unique BSSID. If a device supports hostap operation it can usually support concurrent station mode vaps but possibly with limitations such as losing support for hardware beacon miss support. Devices that are capable of hostap operation and can send and receive 4-address frames should be able to support WDS vaps together with an ap vap. But in contrast some devices cannot support WDS vaps without at least one ap vap (this however can be finessed by forcing the ap vap to not transmit beacon frames). All devices should support the creation of any number of monitor mode vaps concurrent with other vaps but it is the responsibility of the driver to allow this. An important consequence of supporting multiple concurrent vaps is that a driver's iv_newstate method must be written to handle being called for each vap. Where necessary, drivers must track private state for all vaps and not just the one whose state is being changed (e.g. for handling beacon timers the driver may need to know if all vaps that beacon are stopped before stopping the hardware timers). SEE ALSO
ieee80211(9), ifnet(9), malloc(9) BSD
August 4, 2009 BSD