Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Apache module development on apache 2.2 Post 302921211 by fishman2001 on Wednesday 15th of October 2014 03:57:44 PM
Old 10-15-2014
Apache module development on apache 2.2

Hi,
I'm new to developing modules for Apache. I understand the basics now and can develop something simple which allows a 'GET' request to happen, but what I want to do is actually 'POST' information to my site. I know the basic POST Request works and I can see that it is post by looking at request_rec->method. but what I can't seem to find is the information related to that post ie text message. would that be in the request_rec somewhere?

Also while I'm here, I need to set and retrieve cookie information is there any API infromation related to that?

Please help.

Thanks.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

get error while compiling apache with php module

hi, i'm compiling apache with php module after i finish compile mysql-4.0.0-alpha. i do it as the follow steps after untar'ed them in the same directory, 1) cd apache_1.3.22 ./configure 2) cd php-4.0.6 ./configure --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql \ --with-apache=../apache_1.3.22 \... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jApHEth
2 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Mog_Gzip a Module For Apache

Mod_gzip, at http://www.remotecommunications.com/apache/mod_gzip/ is a module for Apache that allows you to compress content from an Apache web server on-the-fly. It uses the same compression as gzip and no plugins or extra software is needed by your browser to take advantage of this product.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: binhnx2000
0 Replies

3. HP-UX

Module jk2 failed to load into apache server!!

Hi There, Does anyone knows what could be the problem if my apache server is running but unable to load JK2 module into the server. My HTTPS is running on Apache Server 2.0.49 with ssl enabled and compiled with Mod_ssl on HPUX-11.11i. In fact we have try out the following parameter, ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: e_jeffhang
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Howto locate locally installed Perl module for a CGI script in APACHE .htaccess

Hi, I have the following simple CGI script, just containg header: #!/usr/bin/perl -w use CGI ':standard'; use lib "/home/myname/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/"; use Mail::Sendmail; I also have included this directive in ~/public_html/.htaccess : SetEnv PERL5LIB... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: monkfan
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Apache on Solaris10 configured with loadable module support?

I have Apache 2 webserver as delivered with the Solaris 10 installation. How to verify if Apache is configured with loadable module support? Or if needs to be recompiled with loadable module support. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kavera
2 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Apache module compilation error

I'm trying to compile an apache module (a tutorial module, Apache 2 Module Tutorial - GNU Build Tools and the Development Environment) and I get errors like this: apr.h:273: error: expected ´=´, ´,´,´;´,´asm´ or ´__attribute__´ before ´apr_off_t´ those errors occur like 30 times in different... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hjalle
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Apache module & perl problem

I have a very strange problem that I can't seem to solve. I have apache module which filters content and within that module I will add some more content based on this calls: int check; check = system("/usr/bin/check"); check is a perl-script that exits with value 1 if the file doesn't... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hjalle
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Compile PHP as an Apache module on Solaris

Hi, I need to install php 5.5.30 as an apache (2.4.17) module on Solaris 10. Please any help is wellcome. Some aditional info: /usr/sfw/bin/gcc -v Reading specs from /usr/sfw/lib/gcc/sparc-sun-solaris2.10/3.4.3/specs bash-3.2# g++ -v Reading specs from... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lbslbs
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Solaris install php as an apache module

Hi, I need to install php 5.5.30 as an apache (2.4.17) module on Solaris 10. Please any help is wellcome. Some aditional info: /usr/sfw/bin/gcc -v Reading specs from /usr/sfw/lib/gcc/sparc-sun-solaris2.10/3.4.3/specs bash-3.2# g++ -v Reading specs from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lbslbs
1 Replies
HTML::Mason::ApacheHandler(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   HTML::Mason::ApacheHandler(3pm)

NAME
HTML::Mason::ApacheHandler - Mason/mod_perl interface SYNOPSIS
use HTML::Mason::ApacheHandler; my $ah = HTML::Mason::ApacheHandler->new (..name/value params..); ... sub handler { my $r = shift; $ah->handle_request($r); } DESCRIPTION
The ApacheHandler object links Mason to mod_perl (version 1 or 2), running components in response to HTTP requests. It is controlled primarily through parameters to the new() constructor. PARAMETERS TO THE new() CONSTRUCTOR apache_status_title Title that you want this ApacheHandler to appear as under Apache::Status. Default is "HTML::Mason status". This is useful if you create more than one ApacheHandler object and want them all visible via Apache::Status. args_method Method to use for unpacking GET and POST arguments. The valid options are 'CGI' and 'mod_perl'; these indicate that a "CGI.pm" or "Apache::Request" object (respectively) will be created for the purposes of argument handling. 'mod_perl' is the default under mod_perl-1 and requires that you have installed the "Apache::Request" package. Under mod_perl-2, the default is 'CGI' because "Apache2::Request" is still in development. If args_method is 'mod_perl', the $r global is upgraded to an Apache::Request object. This object inherits all Apache methods and adds a few of its own, dealing with parameters and file uploads. See "Apache::Request" for more information. If the args_method is 'CGI', the Mason request object ($m) will have a method called "cgi_object" available. This method returns the CGI object used for argument processing. While Mason will load "Apache::Request" or "CGI" as needed at runtime, it is recommended that you preload the relevant module either in your httpd.conf or handler.pl file, as this will save some memory. decline_dirs True or false, default is true. Indicates whether Mason should decline directory requests, leaving Apache to serve up a directory index or a "FORBIDDEN" error as appropriate. See the allowing directory requests section of the administrator's manual for more information about handling directories with Mason. interp The interpreter object to associate with this compiler. By default a new object of the specified interp_class will be created. interp_class The class to use when creating a interpreter. Defaults to HTML::Mason::Interp. ACCESSOR METHODS
All of the above properties, except interp_class, have standard accessor methods of the same name: no arguments retrieves the value, and one argument sets it, except for args_method, which is not settable. For example: my $ah = HTML::Mason::ApacheHandler->new; my $decline_dirs = $ah->decline_dirs; $ah->decline_dirs(1); OTHER METHODS
The ApacheHandler object has a few other publically accessible methods that may be of interest to end users. handle_request ($r) This method takes an Apache or Apache::Request object representing a request and translates that request into a form Mason can understand. Its return value is an Apache status code. Passing an Apache::Request object is useful if you want to set Apache::Request parameters, such as POST_MAX or DISABLE_UPLOADS. prepare_request ($r) This method takes an Apache object representing a request and returns a new Mason request object or an Apache status code. If it is a request object you can manipulate that object as you like, and then call the request object's "exec" method to have it generate output. If this method returns an Apache status code, that means that it could not create a Mason request object. This method is useful if you would like to have a chance to decline a request based on properties of the Mason request object or a component object. For example: my $req = $ah->prepare_request($r); # $req must be an Apache status code if it's not an object return $req unless ref($req); return DECLINED unless $req->request_comp->source_file =~ /.html$/; $req->exec; request_args ($r) Given an Apache request object, this method returns a three item list. The first item is a hash reference containing the arguments passed by the client's request. The second is an Apache request object. This is returned for backwards compatibility from when this method was responsible for turning a plain Apache object into an Apache::Request object. The third item may be a CGI.pm object or "undef", depending on the value of the args_method parameter. SEE ALSO
HTML::Mason, HTML::Mason::Admin, HTML::Mason::Interp perl v5.14.2 2012-02-04 HTML::Mason::ApacheHandler(3pm)