Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Bash script too many arg's
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash script too many arg's Post 302921200 by sea on Wednesday 15th of October 2014 02:52:02 PM
Old 10-15-2014
Actualy, with the use of *02.dat one could drop the check for its existence, as it should only be listed because it exists.
Thus it could be like:
Code:
for f in *02.dat;do mv "$f" "$CD/somefolder/"|| echo "Move failed with code: $?";done

hth

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing variable from bash to perl from bash script

Hi All, I need to pass a variable to perl script from bash script, where in perl i am using if condition. Here is the cmd what i am using in perl FROM_DATE="06/05/2008" TO_DATE="07/05/2008" "perl -ne ' print if ( $_ >="$FROM_DATE" && $_ <= "$TO_DATE" ) ' filename" filename has... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: arsidh
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to make your bash script run on a machine with csh and bash

hi, i have a script that runs on bash and would like to run it on a machine that has csh and bash. the default setting on that machine is csh. i dont want to change my code to run it with a csh shell. is there any way i can run the script (written in bash) on this machine? in other words is there... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass an array as arg to a script..

Hi, Please guide to pass an array as a arg to a script... for example, I have a script small.sh to find the small no of given arg as below... #! /bin/sh # this script is for finding the small number set -A arr_no_updates small=$1 i=1 for arr in $@ do if (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: little_wonder
3 Replies

4. Programming

warning: int format,pid_t arg (arg 2)

I try following code under Solaris10,like follows: int glob = 6; int main(void) { int var; pid_t pid; var = 88; printf("before vfork\n"); if ((pid = vfork()) < 0) { err_sys("vfork error"); } else if (pid == 0) { glob++; var++; _exit(0); } ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: konvalo
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Space in a arg

Hi, When i am running a script it considers the below as mulitple arguments. There is any command which can ignore the spaces. I tried by using sed like below to ignore but it doesnt work. sed 's/ /\\ /g'100% Haddock Fillets Battered 500G-small.gif ~vino (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino_hymi
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

script arg or parameters limitation

Hi, I would like to ask some info on the script arguments/parameters. Does script arguments had limitation like inside or deep inside the loop in which it will not function as it use to be. as an example: $2 not working command2 () { for log in $LOG{1,2,3} do if && ; then echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh script throwing arg list too long for mv cp wc - everything

i have a ksh script which internally calls another ksh script. this inner script has simple commands like shown in the code window. In the script im trying to do a mv - it fails with arg list too long. then i try to perform cp and cat - and both are failing with similar error. :wall: How is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nyc68
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to block first bash script until second bash script script launches web server/site?

I'm new to utilities like socat and netcat and I'm not clear if they will do what I need. I have a "compileDeployStartWebServer.sh" script and a "StartBrowser.sh" script that are started by emacs/elisp at the same time in two different processes. I'm using Cygwin bash on Windows 10. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

In Bash shell - the ps -ef shows only the /bin/bash but the script name is not displayed

In Bash shell - the ps -ef shows only the /bin/bash but the script name is not displayed ? Is there any way to get the script names for the process command ? --- Post updated at 08:39 AM --- in KSH (Korn Shell), my command output shows the script names but when run in the Bash Shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: i4ismail
3 Replies
UNKNOWN(1)						      General Commands Manual							UNKNOWN(1)

NAME
unknown - identify possible genotypes for unknowns SYNOPSIS
A program to rapidly identify which genotypes are possible for individuals typed as unknowns in the input pedigree. unknown [ -cl ] DESCRIPTION
unknown infers possible genotypes and mating combinations for parents with unknown genotypes for ilink(1), mlink(1) and linkmap(1). OPTIONS
-c Use conditional allele frequencies. -l Choose a good set of loop breakers automatically. RETURN VALUE
0 Successful completion ERRORS
10 File not found 255 Failure EXAMPLES
Normally, unknown(1) is run immediately prior to its sister programs, ilink(1), mlink(1) and linkmap(1), like this: unknown mlink FILES
unknown(1) reads the two files pedfile.dat and datafile.dat as its own input and produces various temporary files that are used as input to the next program. These temporary files are ipedfile.dat, upedfile.dat, speedfile.dat and newspeedfile.dat. NOTES
unknown(1) is part of the FASTLINK package, which is a re-implementation of the LINKAGE suite of computer tools that help investigate genetic linkage as first proposed G.M. Lathrop, J.M. Lalouel, C. Julier, and J. Ott. AUTHORS
Dylan Cooper, Alejandro Schaffer, and Tony Schurtz based on work originally by Jurg Ott, Ph.D, et. al. This manual page was written by Elizabeth Barham <lizzy@soggytrousers.net> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). WORD-WIDE-WEB http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/CBBResearch/Schaffer/fastlink.html SEE ALSO
ilink(1), linkmap(1), lodscore(1), mlink(1). April 15, 2003 UNKNOWN(1)