Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Compare within same group
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Compare within same group Post 302921027 by senhia83 on Tuesday 14th of October 2014 11:03:57 AM
Old 10-14-2014
Hi Ravinder,

I tested your code with the following dataset

Code:

$ cat test3
name2 id1group1 value1
name4 id1group1 value2
name1 id2group1 value2
name2 id2group1 value2
name4 id2group1 value2
name1 id1group2 value1
name2 id1group2 value2

What I am getting

Code:

name4 id1group1 missing
name1 id2group1 value2
name2 id1group2 missing

The first column is not correct.
What I should get

Code:

name2 id1group1 missing
name1 id2group1 value2
name1 id1group2 missing

Aia, your perl scripts works great, can it be modified slightly to use tab delimited input file?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

entry in /etc/group too long - problem using sudo with %group

hi folks, I've been googling for quite some time, but still can't find anything near it...my problem is the following: for useradministration in our company we are using ssh/sudo, now whenever I try to add users (we have quite a number of users) with useradd -G groupname for secondary group I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: poli
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

retrieving all group names with a given group number

hi, which Unix/C function can i use to retrieve all group names with a particular group id? The following C code prints out the group id number of a particular group name: ------------------------------------------------------------------------ #include <stdio.h> #include <grp.h> int... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andrewkl
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH to group records in a file and compare it with another file

Hi, I've a file like below: DeptFile.csv DeptID EmpID ------- ------ Dep01 Emp01 Dep01 Emp02 Dep01 Emp03 Dep02 Emp04 Dep02 Emp05 I've another file which has EmpFile.csv EmpID Salary ------ ------ (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Matrix2682
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge group numbers and add a column containing group names

I have a file in the following format. Groups of data merge together and the group number is indicated above each group. 1 adrf dfgr dfg 2 dfgr dfgr 3 dfef dfr fd 4 fgrt fgr fgg 5 fgrt fgr (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge group numbers and add a column containing group names

Hi All I do have a file like this with 6 columns. Groups of data merge together and the group number is indicated above each group. 1 1 12 26 289 3.2e-027 GCGTATGGCGGC 2 12 26 215 6.7e+006 TTCCACCTTTTG 3 9 26 175 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort the file contents in each group....print the group title as well

I've this file and need to sort the data in each group File would look like this ... cat file1.txt Reason : ABC 12345-0023 32123-5400 32442-5333 Reason : DEF 42523-3453 23345-3311 Reason : HIJ 454553-0001 I would like to sort each group on the last 4 fileds and print them... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: prash184u
11 Replies

7. AIX

Adding a Volume Group to an HACMP Resource Group?

Hi, I have a 2 node Cluster. Which is working in active/passive mode (i.e Node#1 is running and when it goes down the Node#2 takes over) Now there's this requirement that we need a mount point say /test that should be available in active node #1 and when node #1 goes down and node#2 takes... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixromeo
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

need a one liner to grep a group info from /etc/group and use that result to search passwd file

/etc/group tiadm::345:mk789,po312,jo343,ju454,ko453,yx879,iy345,hn453 bin::2:root,daemon sys::3:root,bin,adm adm::4:root,daemon uucp::5:root /etc/passwd mk789:x:234:1::/export/home/dummy:/bin/sh po312:x:234:1::/export/home/dummy:/bin/sh ju454:x:234:1::/export/home/dummy:/bin/sh... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
6 Replies

9. Programming

Sql ORA-00937: not a single-group group function

I'm trying to return only one row with the highest value for PCT_MAX_USED. Any suggestions? When I add this code, I get the ORA-00937 error. trunc(max(decode( kbytes_max, 0, 0, (kbytes_alloc/kbytes_max)*100))) pct_max_used This is the original and returns all rows. select (select... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: progkcp
3 Replies
link(2) 							System Calls Manual							   link(2)

Name
       link - link to a file

Syntax
       link(name1, name2)
       char *name1, *name2;

Description
       A hard link to name1 is created; the link has the name name2.  The name1 must exist.

With  hard links, both name1 and name2 must be in the same file system.	Unless the caller is the superuser, name1 must not be a directory.
       Both the old and the new share equal access and rights to the underlying object.

Return Values
       Upon successful completion, a value of 0 is returned.  Otherwise, a value of -1 is returned, and errno is set to indicate the error.

Diagnostics
       The system call fails and no link is created under the following conditions:

[ENOTDIR]      A component of either path prefix is not a directory.

[ENAMETOOLONG] A component of either pathname exceeded 255 characters, or the entire length of either pathname exceeded 1023 characters.

[ENOENT]       A component of either path prefix does not exist.

[ENOENT]       The file named by name1 does not exist.

[ENOENT]       When name1 or name2 point to an empty string and the environment defined is POSIX or SYSTEM_FIVE.

[EACCES]       A component of either path prefix denies search permission.

[EACCES]       The requested link requires writing in a directory with a mode that denies write permission.

[EEXIST]       The link named by name2 does exist.

[EPERM]	      The file named by name1 is a directory, and the effective user ID is not that of superuser or  the  environment  defined	is
		      POSIX.

[EXDEV]	      The link named by name2 and the file named by name1 are on different file systems.

[EROFS]	      The requested link requires writing in a directory on a read-only file system.

[EFAULT]       One of the pathnames specified is outside the process's allocated address space.

[ELOOP]	      Too many symbolic links were encountered in translating one of the pathnames.

[ENOSPC]       The  directory  in which the entry for the new link is being placed cannot be extended because there is no space left on the
		      file system containing the directory.

[EDQUOT]       The directory in which the entry for the new link is being placed cannot be extended because the user's quota of disk blocks
		      on the file system containing the directory has been exhausted.

[EIO]	      An I/O error occurred while reading from or writing to the file system to make the directory entry.

[ESTALE]       The  file  handle  given	in the argument is invalid.  The file referred to by that file handle no longer exists or has been
		      revoked.

[ETIMEDOUT]    A connect request or remote file operation failed because the connected party did not properly respond  after  a	period	of
		      time that is dependent on the communications protocol.

[EMLINK]       The number of links to the file named by path1 would exceed {LINK_MAX}.

Environment
       In the POSIX environment, linking to directories is not allowed.

See Also
       symlink(2), unlink(2)

link(2)