Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Need help with counting within parallelized block - OpenMP/C-Programming Post 302920658 by DGPickett on Friday 10th of October 2014 04:38:31 PM
Old 10-10-2014
Yes, I have seen a control in one lib called 'eureka', so the first thread to find a solution stops all other threads. The trick is to find a signal or interrupt to alert them, so all threads are not polling some variable to decide to continue.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Carreer:Networking Programming in Unix (C programming Language)

Hello, I am trying to learn Networking Programming in C in unix enviorment. I want to know how good it is to become a network programmer. i am crazy about Network programming but i also want to opt for the best carreer options. Anybody experienced Network Programmer, please tell me is my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhory2j
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

gzip parallelized

Hello everyone, I've got a question regarding the gzip command. I regulary use gzip to pack huge ammounts of files. Is it ok to start 'gzip *' several times in the same directory to parallelize the packing process or can this result in problems, e.g. broken or unpacked files? My tests... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Basch
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counting lines in each block file

hello im new here so i want to say hi everybody :) i have to write a script and im newbie :/ i hope that in this forum are many ppl who knows subject :) i have hundrets folders. in each folder is a file name trace.txt. each trace.txt has a lot of tracert's results separates with "-----" it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: michael8484
6 Replies

4. HP-UX

Spawn more than 8 threads OpenMP & HPUX

Hi folks, I am trying to run more than 8 threads in OpenMP team on my HP-UX 11i v3 system (without root access), but NO success. Compiler: aCC A.06.26 I tried to setup: OMP_NUM_THREADS, omp_set_num_threads(), max_thread_proc=1000, nkthread=8416, set_dynamic=0 Machine has 2 processors... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ATveretinov
1 Replies

5. Programming

Building Block style programming Book

Hello to all, Here is my situation. Some time in the mid-80's I stumbled across a small white programming book - can't remember the name but it was unique in that it started right out giving instructions on creating building blocks in code as a foundation for a complete system. The book was... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jozefn
2 Replies

6. Programming

Gcc openmp programming problem

Dear Linux users, I'm a noob at openmp, gcc and c programming. I can run my own openmp code in terminal with no problem, eg. gcc -fopenmp program.c -o program. But now I'm trying to compile and run another person's code, it contains a makefile and multiple .c and .h files. I don't know how to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pigeon151
2 Replies

7. Programming

Undefined reference to omp_get_thread_num using OpenMP?

I am using a large code-base that compiled successfully before using make with a makefile and cmake. However, now that I'm trying to use openmp with it, I'm now getting the errors undefined reference to `omp_get_thread_num' undefined reference to `omp_get_num_threads'I don't think this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: larry burns
0 Replies

8. Programming

OpenMP and MPI hybrid thread numbers

hi, I have two basic questions, I will be really grateful if I receive any comment from you, I have an MPI code where I am trying to implement OpenMP directives. The machine where I run the code has 16 cores. I run the code with export OMP_NUM_THREADS=2 mpirun -np 4 ./exec If I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: armando_2011
0 Replies