Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX HP UX 10.20 E9000 System Full? Post 302920584 by vbe on Friday 10th of October 2014 08:15:16 AM
Old 10-10-2014
Yes lvol8 is full... and you have a D330 server... that means with optional 2 disk on FW-SCSI board or max 7 disks on standard internal SCSI... which seems to be your case...
My concern is that all is in the same VG, not cool at all in case of crash...
As I have no more HP boxes, I have to try to remember what 10.20 had and usabel on a D class, I would start by
Code:
swlist -l product |grep ONLINE*JFS

but I will have to try uppercase, lowercase or mix.. We are looking for the onlineJFS product that if you have will save you... having to go single user to do weird manipulations...
Only this can be done only when you have freeded some space, for you have some unused blocks of disks: Free PE 134 That a bit more than 400MB...
Your /var is too small even for a 10.20 D class, I always allocated a minimum of 750 and that was short... Because is /var there is all the patches also, and a 10.20 fully patched thats more than 750MB...
Your case its oracle I suppose that writes in /var/tmp ( or /var/opt/oracle )
My suggestion as I dont what you know about HP-UX and how familiar you are with it ( I staterd on HP-UX 8.04...that was a long time ago on a 822 and a 855...) is you use SAM:
type sam -> there is somewhere where it says in one menu "trim logs? " Go there and trim all the logs If it complains about nop space ( you must be root though...)
go to /var/adm/syslog/and do a
Code:
 rm OLD*

And see if that helps
then go in /var/tmp and try to remove all unwanted old files you find
but /var/tmp might be a sybolink link to /tmp ...in which case it will not help...
Have a look in /var/spool also
But most probably /var/adm will be the highest consumer for here lies also all the patches...
So the idea is to birng /var to about 90 % so that you can extaned it to about 750-780 MB so you keep about 100-150MB spare for any other space realted issue where that little amount can make all the difference
This User Gave Thanks to vbe For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

file system full

When I try to log in as root I get the following message realloccg /: file system full sendmail :NO Queue:low on space (have 0,SMTP-DAEMON needs 101 in /var/spool/mqueue) What should I do? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hopeless
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Full File System

Hi All, There was a background process running on a Solaris 2.8 machine, and appeared to have filled all available disk-space. I done a killall, and upon re-booting found that the file system had filled up, and will not boot as normal as a result. For example, I'm getting /usr/adm/messages: No... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Breen
8 Replies

3. Solaris

File system full?

Hi, I just started working with UNIX on an old semi-fossilized Sun workstation which I use to process LOTS of images,however, I just started to get an error message that the file system is full and then my shell tool or/and text editor freeze up. Help? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bend
8 Replies

4. Solaris

Full file system?

I read the sticky and thought of a script I use on a regular basis. Since unless you patch/upgrade the df command on solaris you have a very tought time teling how full the system truly is. Output looks like $ biggest.sh /tmp Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: meyerder
0 Replies

5. Solaris

file system full

I am receving following Error message in /var/adm/messages "NOTICE: alloc: /: file system full" Disk space usage is as beklow: df -k $ Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d10 76678257 56962561 18948914 76% / /proc ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Asteroid
8 Replies

6. Solaris

full system backup

I have unix server with OS 5.8 ,,, I tried ufsdump 0ua -f /dev/rmt/0 / to perform full system backup on tape but I failed could any one give a procedure for full system backup on solaris machine using tapes??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mm00123
1 Replies

7. Solaris

file system full

hello Even though I am not out of inodes or of space, the /var/adm/messages shows messages: file system full I am doing now fcsk -m (400G) and I am still waiting to see the fragmentation results (should I add another option to df to have a faster output?) Do you have any other hints... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to make a full system backup excluding data and restoring it to a new system

Hi, In order to have a sand box machine that I could use to test some system changes before going to production state, I'd like to duplicate a working system to a virtual one. Ideally, I'd like to manage to do it this way : - Make a full system backup excluding the user file system (this... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pagaille
7 Replies

9. Red Hat

File system full, but not really.

Hey all, What do you think mostly happened in the following situation? I have a Red Hat 5.5 server. Someone, somehow, managed to get two .nfs000.... type files that totaled over a terabyte in size. I removed them and thought things were back to normal. Then I started getting complains from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: geelsu
2 Replies
AMTOC(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  AMTOC(8)

NAME
amtoc - generate TOC (Table Of Contents) for an Amanda run SYNOPSIS
amtoc [ -a ] [ -i ] [ -t ] [ -f file ] [ -s subs ] [ -w ] [ -- ] logfile DESCRIPTION
Amtoc generates a table of contents for an Amanda run. It's a perl script (if you don't have perl, install it first!). OPTIONS
-a The output file name will be label-of-the-tape.toc in the same directory as logfile. -i Display help about amtoc. -t Generate the output in tabular form. -f file Write the output to a file ('-' for stdout). -s subs Evaluate the output file name from subs, with $_ set to label-of-the-tape. The -a option is equivalent to -s 's/$_/.toc/'. -w Separate tapes with form-feeds and display blank lines before totals. -- Marks the last option so the next parameter is the logfile. logfile (use '-' for stdin) OUTPUT FORMAT
The standard output has five fields separated by two spaces: # Server:/partition date level size[Kb] 0 daily-05: 19991005 - - 1 cuisun15:/cuisun15/home 19991005 1 96 2 cuinfs:/export/dentiste 19991005 1 96 ... 103 cuisg11:/ 19991005 0 4139136 103 total: - - 16716288 In tabular format (-t), this would look like: # Server:/partition date lev size[Kb] 0 daily-05: 19991005 - - 1 cuisun15:/cuisun15/home 19991005 1 96 2 cuinfs:/export/dentiste 19991005 1 96 ... 103 cuisg11:/ 19991005 0 4139136 103 total: - - 16716288 USAGE
The easiest way to use it is to run amtoc right after amdump in the cron job: amdump DailySet1 ; logdir=`amgetconf DailySet1 logdir` ; log=`ls -1t $logdir/log.*.[0-9] | head -1` ; amtoc -a $log which will generate /etc/amanda/DailySet1/tape_label.toc. You may also want to call amtoc after an amflush. SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amdump(8), amflush(8), amgetconf(8), cron, perl AUTHOR
Nicolas MAYENCOURT <Nicolas.Mayencourt@cui.unige.ch> University of Geneva/Switzerland AMTOC(8)