Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Renumbering files bash script Post 302920334 by Akshay Hegde on Wednesday 8th of October 2014 11:23:16 PM
Old 10-09-2014
Try

Code:
#!/bin/ksh

for i in *.txt; do

[[ "$i" = */* ]] && path="${i%/*}" || path="."

file="${i##*/}"
        base="${file%.*}"
	ext="${i##*.}"
	new=$(printf "%s/%s-%04d.%s" $path ${base%-*}  $((${base##*-}*2-1)) $ext)

# remove echo cp if you feel result is as expected	
	echo cp $i $new

done

Usage

Code:
ksh yourscript

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

renumbering user id

Other than deleting and recreating a user can a users id number be changed? I need to have my user id the same on more than one system. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thumper
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renumbering files scripting help!

I am new to the world of UNIX scripting - and would like to make the following script: I have 100 files numbered 1-100. However - i would like to continue the file list - so that I add another 100 files following on, so that file 101 = 99; file 102 = 98 ; 103 = 97 and so on.... (basically ...... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: AJC1985
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - integrate two files

I wrote script in bash which generates this report "users.csv": I wrote script in bash which generates this report "groups.csv" I want to integate two reports: "users.csv" and "groups.csv". I want like so that "result.csv": Thx (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrykxes
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Again integrate files - bash script

I wrote script in bash which generates this report "users.csv": I wrote script in bash which generates this report "groups.csv" I want to integate two reports: "users.csv" and "groups.csv". I want like so that "result.csv": (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrykxes
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

column renumbering

Hi, I am a beginner in awk scripting! I need your help; I want to replace the fifth column number (which is 15 here) here in this file for example : ATOM 142 N PRO A 15 ATOM 143 CD PRO A 15 ATOM 144 HD1 PRO A 15 ATOM ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: adak
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

renaming (renumbering) fasta files

I have a fasta file that looks like this: >Noname ACCAAAATAATTCATGATATACTCAGATCCATCTGAGGGTTTCACCACTTGTAGAGCTAT CAGAAGAATGTCAATCAACTGTCCGAGAAAAAAGAATCCCAGG >Noname ACTATAAACCCTATTTCTCTTTCTAAAAATTGAAATATTAAAGAAACTAGCACTAGCCTG ACCTTTAGCCAGACTTCTCACTCTTAATGCTGCGGACAAACAGA ... I want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Oyster
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

renumbering within a file

Hi All, I have 100 files named - rep-0.txt, rep-2.txt...rep-99.txt. They each contain information in the following format: abc 1 qwe asd 2 zxc poi 3 lkj pdh 4 ldf hgf 5 tyu i would like to re-number , so that all the new files (rep0.dat, rep1,dat....) have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chen.xiao.po
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script deleting my files, and editing files in subdirectories question

#!/bin/bash # name=$1 type=$2 number=1 for file in ./** do if then filenumber=00$number elif then filenumber=0$number fi tempname="$name""$filenumber"."$type" if (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheGreatGizmo
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script for check files

I created this script for check whether specific files exist or not in the given location. but when I run this its always showing Failed - Flag_lms_device_info_20160628.txt do not exist Failed - Flag_lms_weekly_usage_info_20160628.txt do not exist but both files are existing. appreciate help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lfreez
2 Replies
SERVICE(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						SERVICE(8)

NAME
service -- control (start/stop/etc.) or list system services SYNOPSIS
service -e service -R service [-v] -l | -r service [-v] <rc.d script> start|stop|etc. DESCRIPTION
The service command is an easy interface to the rc.d system. Its primary purpose is to start and stop services provided by the rc.d scripts. When used for this purpose it will set the same restricted environment that is in use at boot time (see below). It can also be used to list the scripts using various criteria. The options are as follows: -e List services that are enabled. The list of scripts to check is compiled using rcorder(8) the same way that it is done in rc(8), then that list of scripts is checked for an "rcvar" assignment. If present the script is checked to see if it is enabled. -R Restart all enabled local services. -l List all files in /etc/rc.d and the local startup directories. As described in rc.conf(5) this is usually /usr/local/etc/rc.d. All files will be listed whether they are an actual rc.d script or not. -r Generate the rcorder(8) as in -e above, but list all of the files, not just what is enabled. -v Be slightly more verbose ENVIRONMENT
When used to run rc.d scripts the service command sets HOME to / and PATH to /sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin which is how they are set in /etc/rc at boot time. EXIT STATUS
The service utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. EXAMPLES
The following are examples of typical usage of the service command: service named status service -rv The following programmable completion entry can be use in bash(1) for the names of the rc.d scripts: _service () { local cur cur=${COMP_WORDS[COMP_CWORD]} COMPREPLY=( $( compgen -W '$( service -l )' -- $cur ) ) return 0 } complete -F _service service SEE ALSO
bash(1) (ports/shells/bash), rc.conf(5), rc(8), rcorder(8) HISTORY
The service utility first appeared in FreeBSD 7.3. AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Douglas Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
December 11, 2012 BSD