Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with parsing file with combination of pattern Post 302919506 by sammy777 on Wednesday 1st of October 2014 03:49:32 PM
Old 10-01-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by [/CODE
Does the output order matter?
No the order does not matter.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk and file combination

Hi there, I have 3 files and i want to take different fields from each file and combine them in one. I would like to ask if somebody tell me how can I refer to each field of the different files to write an awk command. I mean can I do sth like awk '........... print $1.file1 $3.file2}'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sickboy
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shell help - file combination

Dear all, I have a question about merging multiple files to one. For example, I have 4 files, named file_1, file_2, file_3 and file_4, they all have same line number, and only one word in each line. I want to combine these four files to one file, file_1 becomes the first column of the new... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ting123
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing of file for Report Generation (String parsing and splitting)

Hey guys, I have this file generated by me... i want to create some HTML output from it. The problem is that i am really confused about how do I go about reading the file. The file is in the following format: TID1 Name1 ATime=xx AResult=yyy AExpected=yyy BTime=xx BResult=yyy... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: umar.shaikh
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

pattern parsing

Can somebody show me an example of of using either '#' or '?' to remove part of string. I am reading files from directories and I want to check if file ends with *.log *.dmp or begins with a arch_* I DONT want to use AWK or SED to do this since there maybe 1000's of files I need to test... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BeefStu
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with awk for file combination

1)file1: | *Local Communication Bandwidths (MB/Sec) | Memory copy (bcopy) | | ^ | mmap_bandwidth | | ^ | mmap_read bandwidth | | ^ | memory write bandwidth | | Local Communication Latencies | Pipe Latency | 2)file2 422.6903 1948.9000 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed - combination of line deletion and pattern matching

I want to delete all the blank lines from a file before a certain line number. e.g. Input file (n: denotes line number) 1: a 2: 3: b 4: c 5: 6: d I want to delete all blank lines before line number 3, such that my output is: a b c d I see that sed '/^$/d' in_file works... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jawsnnn
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing and timestamp a pattern in log

Hello Thanks to Chubler_XL and MadeInGermany for their help few weeks ago. Now, i would like modifying the script, see the next POST. The old script works like that : I picked any random hours In the logs there is the stamp time of webservices, i can see the behavior or errors of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amazigh42
3 Replies

8. Linux

Berkeley version bdf: combination of inode and file system usage

hello, i need a command like "bdf" of HP-UX. ( report number of free disk blocks (Berkeley version) ). it should report inode and file system usage in one line like bdf -i manpage : Man Page for bdf (all Section 1m) - The UNIX and Linux Forums HP-UX command "" report inode and file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bora99
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display latest record from file based on multiple columns combination

I have requirement to print latest record from file based on multiple columns combination. EWAPE EW1SLE0000 EW1SOMU01 ABORTED 03/16/2015 100004 03/16/2015 100005 001 EWAPE EW1SLE0000 EW1SOMU01 ABORTED 03/18/2015 140003 03/18/2015 140004 001 EWAPE EW1SLE0000 EW1SOMU01 ABORTED 03/18/2015 220006... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tmalik79
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk or a combination of commands to read and calculate nth lines from pattern

Two numerical lines, found by either header line, need to be added and the total placed in a new-header section. Also the total should should be rounded or cut to a two decimal anynumber.XX format with the AB string added on the end. For example: The numerical lines from headers 2 and 3 are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jessandr
3 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)