Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX "Please mount volume 2 on /dev/rmt0.1" message during mksysb restore Post 302919475 by bakunin on Wednesday 1st of October 2014 12:49:13 PM
Old 10-01-2014
An mksysb image is basically a savevg rootvg, along with some additional data to make it bootable and installable. For the savevg command to succeed it needs to know exactly your VG layout down to the single filesystems. Have you tried mkszfile before taking the mksysb (or calling mksysb with the "-i" flag, which has the same effect)? Maybe your rootvg layout (in terms LVs and their sizes) have changed? This can have strange effects.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

/dev/core "link to program crash data"

Hi there, I found a link to a file /dev/core of 17 GB Is it ok??? I couldn't find many information about it. Any suggestion would be appreciated!!! Thanks in advance, Giordano Bruno PS: I'm working with FEDORA 6 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Giordano Bruno
2 Replies

3. AIX

"rmt0" is not a valid backing device - VIO

hello to all, i am trying to assing a tape drive to a virtual partition through VIO but i get the message "rmt0" is not a valid backing device. the oslevel of my VIO is AIX 6.1.3.0. when i run the command lsdev |grep rmt i get the following result: rmt0 Available 08-08-00-0,0 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix "look" Command "File too large" Error Message

I am trying to find lines in a text file larger than 3 Gb that start with a given string. My command looks like this: $ look "string" "/home/patrick/filename.txt" However, this gives me the following message: "look: /home/patrick/filename.txt: File too large" So, I have two... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: shishong
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting standard out to /dev/null goes to file "/dev/null" instead

I apologize if this question has been answered else where or is too elementary. I ran across a KSH script (long unimportant story) that does this: if ; then CAS_SRC_LOG="/var/log/cas_src.log 2>&1" else CAS_SRC_LOG="/dev/null 2>&1" fithen does this: /usr/bin/echo "heartbeat:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbmorrisonjr
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

tcsh - understanding difference between "echo string" and "echo string > /dev/stdout"

I came across and unexpected behavior with redirections in tcsh. I know, csh is not best for redirections, but I'd like to understand what is happening here. I have following script (called out_to_streams.csh): #!/bin/tcsh -f echo Redirected to STDOUT > /dev/stdout echo Redirected to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcink
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
MNT(3)							     Library Functions Manual							    MNT(3)

NAME
mnt - attach to 9P servers SYNOPSIS
#M DESCRIPTION
The mount driver is used by the mount system call (but not bind; see bind(2)) to connect the name space of a process to the service pro- vided by a 9P server over a communications channel. After the mount, system calls involving files in that portion of the name space will be converted by the mount driver into the appropriate 9P messages to the server. The mount system call issues session and attach(5) messages to the server to identify and validate the user of the connection. Each dis- tinct user of a connection must mount it separately; the mount driver multiplexes the access of the various users and their processes to the service. File-oriented system calls are converted by the kernel into messages in the 9P protocol. Within the kernel, 9P is implemented by procedure calls to the various kernel device drivers. The mount driver translates these procedure calls into remote procedure calls to be transmit- ted as messages over the communication channel to the server. Each message is implemented by a write of the corresponding protocol message to the server channel followed by a read on the server channel to get the reply. Errors in the reply message are turned into system call error returns. A read(2) or write system call on a file served by the mount driver may be translated into more than one message, since there is a maximum data size for a 9P message. The system call will return when the specified number of bytes have been transferred or a short reply is returned. The string is an illegal file name, so this device can only be accessed directly by the kernel. SEE ALSO
bind(2) SOURCE
/sys/src/9/port/devmnt.c BUGS
When mounting a service through the mount driver, that is, when the channel being multiplexed is itself a file being served by the mount driver, large messages may be broken in two. MNT(3)