Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Check daily files arrival in a directory Post 302919053 by pilnet101 on Saturday 27th of September 2014 08:06:08 AM
Old 09-27-2014
What have you tried so far?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check if 3 files have same size in directory

I need to determine if any three files have the same file size in a specified directly? I have got as far as listing the file sizes but where to go from here? ls -al |sort -n -r +4 | awq '{print $5}' Thanks in anticipation (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: oggle
5 Replies

2. AIX

Daily check helth

Can any one suggest some command that used to test the hardware and software (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: magasem
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Zip all the files within a directory on a daily basis

I need to zip all the files within a directory on a daily basis and store them as a zip file within that directory with the date in its naming convention I have file extentions .log .lst and .out's within that directory How do i do this task zip -mqj mydir/allzip$YYMMDDDD.zip mydir/*.* ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if certain files exist in a directory, if not add name to a textfile

We recieve some logs on our windows box via FTP on a daily basis, in the same directory. I would like to check for missing logs files and add their name to a text file. Something like... Check if C:\logs\file1_currentdate exists (if not, add file1_currentdate to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SunnyK
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating directory daily basis...

Need help on this script. the month is not changing to February... #!/bin/bash for X in `seq 1 100` do DATE=`date +%Y-%m-%d "--date=${X} day ago"` Y=`date +%Y` M=`date +%m` D=`date +%d "--date=${X} day ago"` DIR=/home/LogBackup for i in `seq 1 ` do if ;then # ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alelee
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Daily health check script

Hi I am still learning how to write shell scripts, so I started to write a script like this: #!/bin/sh date echo outputOK () { echo $1 "" } outputOK () { echo $1 "" } for vol in `/usr/bin/grep -E 'hfs|vxfs|nfs|cifs' /etc/fstab | egrep -v '^#' | awk '{ print $3 }'` do if... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check whether directory has files in it or not in shell script?

hi, I am having script in which i want to check if directory has any file in it or not. If directory contains a single or more files then and only then it should proceed to further operations... P.S.: Directory might have thousand number of files. so there might be chance of getting error... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: VSom007
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check Directory for files & Email

I'm working on a bash script to move files from one location, to two. The first part of my challenge is intended to check a particular directory for contents (e.g. files or other items in it), if files exists, then send the list of names to a txt file and email me the text file. If files do not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nvizn
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check total files size in hdfs directory?

Is there a way to calculate the total file size of HDFS file directory in GB or MB? I dont want to use du/df command. Without that is there a way HDFS Directory - /test/my_dir (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Check for files and move it to another directory - ksh

I'm trying to wirte ksh script for given requirement, but i unable to achive it. In dir1 directory I need to check for the files which suffixed with .csv or .txt, If there is no files, then i need to exit. If any files found I need to move the each file found to dir2 directory. I have to repeat... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kayal
4 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD