Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX demap_func
Operating Systems Solaris UNIX demap_func Post 302918952 by vmajhu on Friday 26th of September 2014 10:40:26 AM
Old 09-26-2014
UNIX demap_func

Hello All, would anyone be able to tell me what the sched process unix'hati_demap_func is and what might cause it to take up 95% of CPU power (seen in powertop) constantly.

A kernel process or processes is eating up CPU usage constantly and causing our tasks and access to our storage system to slow down.

Any info or direction would be very helpful.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX problem? Unix programm runs windows 2000 CPU over 100%

Okee problems...!! What is happening: Unix server with some programms, workstations are windows 2000, the workstations work good but when you start a programm on the Unix server the CPU of the workstations go to 100% usage resulting that the system gets very slow. The programm well its running so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zerocool
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix History Question: Why are filenames/dirnames case sentsitive in Unix?

I tried looking for the answer online and came up with only a few semi-answers as to why file and directory names are case sensitive in Unix. Right off the bat, I'll say this doesn't bother me. But I run into tons of Windows and OpenVMS admins in my day job who go batty when they have to deal... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

missing Path(in UNIX) when i launch a job on to unix machine using windows SSh

hi i want run an unix application from a windows program/application.i am using SSH(command line version)to log on to a unix machine from windows. the application has to read a configuration file inorder to run. the configuration file .CFG is in bin in my home directory. but the application... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megastar
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP script for sending a file from one unix directory to another unix server director

Hi, My local server is :/usr/abcd/ Remote server is :/Usr/host/test/ I want to send files from local unix directory(All files starting with O_999) to remote host unix directory. Can any body give me the Unix Shell script to do this. One more doubt: Shall we need to change the file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raja_1234
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Batch job in unix server to move the pdf file from unix to windows.

Hi Experts, I have a requirement where i need to setup a batch job which runs everymonth and move the pdf files from unix server to windows servers. Could some body provide the inputs for this. and also please provide the inputs on how to map the network dirve in the unix like that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ger199901
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ?

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ? Please help. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Transfer from Window server to UNIX and UNIX to UNIX

Dear All, Can someone help to command or program to transfer the file from windows to Unix server and from one unix server to another Unix server in secure way. I would request no samba client. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yadavricky
4 Replies

8. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

VIP Membership - The UNIX and Linux Forums - Get Your UNIX.COM Email Address Here

We work hard to make The UNIX and Linux Forums one of the best UNIX and Linux knowledge sources on the net. The site is certainly one of the top UNIX and Linux Q&A sites on the web. In order to provide certain members the best quality account services, you can now get some great extra features by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies
powertop(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      powertop(1M)

NAME
powertop - report and analyze events that affect power management SYNOPSIS
powertop [-d count] [-t interval] [-v] [-h] DESCRIPTION
PowerTOP is an observability tool that shows how effectively the system is taking advantage of the CPU's power management features. By run- ning the tool on an otherwise idle system, the user can see for how long the CPU is running at dif- ferent power states. Ideally, an unuti- lized (idle) system will spend 100% of its time running at the lowest power state, but because of background user and kernel activity (ran- dom software periodically waking to poll status), idle systems can consume more power than they should. The tool analyzes system activity periodically and displays a summary of how long the processor is executing at each supported power state. It also displays the top activities responsible for causing the CPU to wake up and use more energy. This report allows the user to identify and diagnose problematic areas of the system and optimize its power efficiency. PowerTOP averages the amount of activity that is preventing the CPU from entering a lower power state and presents it on the "Wakeups-from- idle per second" field. This value represents the total number of wake-ups divided by the current interval. Notice that not all events are displayed on the screen at all times. During execution, a user can force a refresh of the analysis by pressing the R key. The interval time will be restored to the default or to a specified value. To quit the application, the user must press the Q key. If you are running as root (superuser) or in the Primary Administrator role, the tool will make suggestions as how the system can be improved from a power management perspective. PowerTOP runs on xVM(5) domains. However, the report for idle state transitions might or might not be accurate as the physical CPU can be shared by different virtual CPUs. Both wakeup count and event report will display information regarding the current virtualized environ- ment. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -d [count] Dumps the results of count analysis of system activity to the screen. -t [interval] Specifies the interval, in seconds, at which the tool analyzes the system. The possible values are between 1 and 100; the default is 5 seconds. -v Switches to verbose mode, including noting firings of the kernel cyclic subsystem in the event report. -h Displays the command's usage. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Setting the Interval The following command sets the interval to two seconds. % powertop -t 2 Example 2 Analyzing and Dumping System Activity The following command analyzes and dumps system activity to the standard output four times. % powertop -d 4 Example 3 Reporting Cyclic Subsystem Activity The following command reports cyclic subsystem activity. % powertop -v EXIT STATUS
0 Successful operation. 1 An error occurred. 2 Incorrect usage. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |x86, SPARC | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWpowertop | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
kstat(1M), pmconfig(1M), powerd(1M), psrinfo(1M), uadmin(2), libdevinfo(3LIB), attributes(5), xVM(5), cpr(7), pm(7D), pm-components(9P), removable-media(9P) Among non-SunOS man pages, xscreensaver(1), from the OpenWindows man pages; dtpower(1M), from the CDE man pages. USAGE
You must have DTrace privileges to run PowerTOP and root (superuser) privileges or assume the Primary Administrator role for the tool to suggest improvements to the system. SunOS 5.11 11 Sep 2008 powertop(1M)