Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to avoid the spaces?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to avoid the spaces? Post 302918778 by shamrock on Thursday 25th of September 2014 01:31:54 PM
Old 09-25-2014
Cant you use one of the SQL string functions within Sybase to squeeze out the whitespace before dumping it out to a file...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strip leading and trailing spaces only in a shell variable with embedded spaces

I am trying to strip all leading and trailing spaces of a shell variable using either awk or sed or any other utility, however unscuccessful and need your help. echo $SH_VAR | command_line Syntax. The SH_VAR contains embedded spaces which needs to be preserved. I need only for the leading and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

echo is suppressing multiple spaces.How to avoid it

I am reading a file and copying selected lines from the file into another using echo. For eg: while read line do if ((some logic to determine whether I need to copy the current line to another file)) then echo $line > tempfile fi done<srcfile The problem I have is the data in the file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prathima
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to avoid polling???

Hi all, I have a directory where some process is keeping incremental/new log files. I need to code a program which will periodically poll this directory and if it founds a new file arrived then copy that new file to some other specific directory. We are OK with this polling approach. I just... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zing_foru
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to append spaces(say 10 spaces) at the end of each line based on the length of th

Hi, I have a problem where I need to append few spaces(say 10 spaces) for each line in a file whose length is say(100 chars) and others leave as it is. I tried to find the length of each line and then if the length is say 100 chars then tried to write those lines into another file and use a sed... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: prathima
17 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to avoid the space

Hi, I have some problem with following command. $path='pwd'.”/pack”; When I check the value in the variable path , it give the following output /tmp/new /pack The pwd will be /tmp/new Now the problem is the spaces is added between pwd and the appended path. I need the output like... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalpeer
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to avoid CR after compression

Hi all, I am having few files which needs to be concted into a single file and then it is compressed and FTPed from the UNIX server to the Windows server. For the above purpose i am using gzip command to compress the files after concetenation. And i am FTP ing the compressed file in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Codesearcher
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing blank spaces, tab spaces from file

Hello All, I am trying to remove all tabspaces and all blankspaces from my file using sed & awk, but not getting proper code. Please help me out. My file is like this (<b> means one blank space, <t> means one tab space)- $ cat file NARESH<b><b><b>KUMAR<t><t>PRADHAN... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NARESH1302
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Any way to avoid these errors?

Hello, this is solaris 10 on SF v440, I know below errors might go away if I put a new PS or put the original one back in socket but is there any other way to stop these errors from appearing in /var/adm/messages ? I do not want to put the failed PS1 in socket neither do we want to spend on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: upengan78
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to avoid the truncating of multiple spaces into a single space while reading a line from a file?

consider the small piece of code while read line do echo $line done < example content of example file sadasdasdasdsa erwerewrwr ergdgdfgf rgerg erwererwr the output is like sadasdasdasdsa erwerewrwr ergdgdfgf rgerg erwererwr the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kesavan
4 Replies
SQL::Translator::Producer::Sybase(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		    SQL::Translator::Producer::Sybase(3pm)

NAME
SQL::Translator::Producer::Sybase - Sybase producer for SQL::Translator SYNOPSIS
use SQL::Translator; my $t = SQL::Translator->new( parser => '...', producer => 'Sybase' ); $t->translate; DESCRIPTION
This module will produce text output of the schema suitable for Sybase. Sybase Create Table Syntax CREATE [ [ LOCAL ] { TEMPORARY | TEMP } ] TABLE table_name ( { column_name data_type [ DEFAULT default_expr ] [ column_constraint [, ... ] ] | table_constraint } [, ... ] ) [ INHERITS ( parent_table [, ... ] ) ] [ WITH OIDS | WITHOUT OIDS ] where column_constraint is: [ CONSTRAINT constraint_name ] { NOT NULL | NULL | UNIQUE | PRIMARY KEY | CHECK (expression) | REFERENCES reftable [ ( refcolumn ) ] [ MATCH FULL | MATCH PARTIAL ] [ ON DELETE action ] [ ON UPDATE action ] } [ DEFERRABLE | NOT DEFERRABLE ] [ INITIALLY DEFERRED | INITIALLY IMMEDIATE ] and table_constraint is: [ CONSTRAINT constraint_name ] { UNIQUE ( column_name [, ... ] ) | PRIMARY KEY ( column_name [, ... ] ) | CHECK ( expression ) | FOREIGN KEY ( column_name [, ... ] ) REFERENCES reftable [ ( refcolumn [, ... ] ) ] [ MATCH FULL | MATCH PARTIAL ] [ ON DELETE action ] [ ON UPDATE action ] } [ DEFERRABLE | NOT DEFERRABLE ] [ INITIALLY DEFERRED | INITIALLY IMMEDIATE ] Create Index Syntax CREATE [ UNIQUE ] INDEX index_name ON table [ USING acc_method ] ( column [ ops_name ] [, ...] ) [ WHERE predicate ] CREATE [ UNIQUE ] INDEX index_name ON table [ USING acc_method ] ( func_name( column [, ... ]) [ ops_name ] ) [ WHERE predicate ] SEE ALSO
SQL::Translator. AUTHORS
Sam Angiuoli <angiuoli@users.sourceforge.net>, Paul Harrington <harringp@deshaw.com>, Ken Youens-Clark <kclark@cpan.org>. perl v5.14.2 2012-01-18 SQL::Translator::Producer::Sybase(3pm)