Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Inserting ouput into a file using redirection Post 302918706 by kekanap on Thursday 25th of September 2014 06:09:43 AM
Old 09-25-2014
Inserting ouput into a file using redirection

Hallo Team,

I would like to redirect an output from a file into another file. Here are the two commands/files.

Code:
-bash-3.2$ cat lack.csv
lemontwistpax
-bash-3.2$ ll -ltr BW*|tail -1
-rw-r--r-- 1 mind mind   1844 Sep 25 12:06 BW-CDR-20140925111000-2-AC162DB137C8-164345-000.csv_rejected_6032856-20140925120544.log
-bash-3.2$ ll -ltr BW*|tail -1 << cat lack.csv
>
>

i would like to append the output from lack.csv into whatever
file would appear when i run
Code:
ll -ltr BW*|tail -1

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File redirection

Is it possible to sh a command and receive the standard output on the scrren and use file redirection ie ls -lt > test. Also On SCO-UNIX there was a tellme command which displayed a message when a script had finished running is there something similar for HP UNIX as it is not working. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: namtab
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

file redirection problem

my querry is suppose i have duplicate std i/p with FD-3 --exec 0<&3 now redirected std i/p to a file ----exec 0<file1 suppose i am reading the file line by line --while read LINE cutting some fields and comparing it with a variable and if a match is found ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mobydick
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

gawk help for inserting a field of a .txt file in the same file

i had the following type of data file vchrdump: Vouchers For Date :05/01/2009 * ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: KANNI786
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Limit ouput file on a shell script

I have this one::) doing jstack on JVM proccess. #!/bin/ksh # ---------------------------------------------------- # capture_jstack.sh <INTERVAL> <COUNT> # run jstack and capture output to a log file #----------------------------------------------------- # # scripts and logs are stored... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pointer
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

View ouput as a file

Hi all , I have a view in teradata , the ouput of that view have to be stored as a file with delimitere as '|'.Is there any possibility of doing this in unix ? Thanks in advance , Vinoth (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino.paal
6 Replies

6. Solaris

LS redirection to a file in same folder

Hello, I need an input from you all. I want to redirect the output of 'ls' command to a file but the file should not display the output file name in it. scenario: ------------ $pwd /home/user1 $ls file1 file2 $ls > file3 $cat file3 file1 file2 file3 In this i dont wish... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aravindan
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output redirection of c binary file to a file in shell script is failing

I am struck up with a problem and that is with output redirection. I used all the ways for the redirection of the output of c binary to a file, still it is failing. Here are the different ways which I have used: ./a.out | tee -a /root/tmp.txt 2>&1 ./a.out | tee -a /root/tmp.txt 1>&1 ./a.out |... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maya29988
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call a Perl script within a bash script and store the ouput in a .txt file

I'm attempting to write a bash script that will create a network between virtual machines. It accepts three arguments: an RSpec that describes the network topology, and two list of machines (servers and clients). I have a (working) Perl script that I want to call. This Perl script takes an RSpec... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mecaka
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Wget ouput to log file

Hi all The following code will update the Dynamic DNS server at Namecheap.com. wget -O 'https://dynamicdns.park-your-domain.com/update?host=www&domain=example.com&password=your DDNS password'Would like to append the output to a log file using >> /path/path/logfile at the end of the command. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: CRChamberlain
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting IDs from a text file into a sequence alignment file

Hi, I have one file with one column and several hundred entries File1: NA1 NA2 NA3And now I need to run a command within a mapping aligner tool to insert these sample names into a sequence alignment file (SAM) such that they look like this @RG ID:Library1 SM:NA1 PL:Illumina ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nans
7 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)