Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Cron Job failure - No such file or directory Post 302918504 by migurus on Tuesday 23rd of September 2014 06:43:00 PM
Old 09-23-2014
The job started by a cron will have user's home directory as current directory, I'd guess when you run your commands from CLI your current directory is different; Try to add cd /your/target/dir; before your command in the crontab entry, like so:

Code:

1 2 * * * cd /your/target/dir; your_script_name;

This User Gave Thanks to migurus For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cron job failure - passwd aging feature

I have a script running as a cron job in machine A . This script ftps some files everyday from machine A to machine B, and mails me about the status. It works fine for some days....and suddenly stops running. By viewing the log files, I see that the script itself was not invoked by cron on those... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deepa
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditional File Movement script scheduled using CRON job

Hi All, i am trying to automate a process and have to create a unix script like wise. I have a scenario in which i need to automate a file movement. Below are the steps i need to automate. 1. Check whether a file (Not Fixed name-Pattern search of file say 'E*.dat') is present in a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: imu
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cron job to run php file

Hello, I have searched and searched google to do this and i want my websever to be able to run a php file everyday automatically. How do I go about doing this? Php is installed as an apache module not CGI. Thank you! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: christo16
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CRON job to execute all scripts in a directory

Hi everyone: I'm trying to make a CRON job that will execute Fridays at 7am. I have the following: * 7 * * 5 I've been studying up on CRON and I know to have this in a file and then "crontab filename.txt" to add it to the CRON job list. The CRON part I believe I understand, but I would... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Annorax
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

file size-cron job

Dear all, I have the following case,, i need to transfer a group of file from one server to another ....when the size of any of these file reach a specified value (Ex: 10MB) i need to transfer it to another server ....my problem is that i dont know how to determine when the size of the file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mm00123
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job failure

The crontab entry looks like this... 29 13 * * * /usr/bin/mk-find --printf "%D\ %N\n" | This is just a part of a long statement that has apostrophe in it. I will like to know why does it work at command prompt but fail if set as cronjob? The error is... /bin/sh: -c: line 0: unexpected EOF... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shantanuo
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job to move file from one directory to another

Hi, I have following directory structure Media (Inside media directory I have two folders namely videos and images) -->videos -->images Inside media directory I have some video files with extension .mp4 and images with extension of .jpg and .jpeg I want to write a cron job which will... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tusharkale
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running script file using cron job every 5 second

Hi All, I beginner in unix, i have no idea how to set the script file using cron job every 5 second. I also want to execute automatically the output to text file.This is my script name countsys.sh and my textfile abc.txt. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mastercar
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

autosys job configuration for job failure.

We need to configure autosys that when a job fails continously for 3 times, we need to call another job. Is this possible in Autosys, or can anyone advice on the alternative. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sangea
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Add TimeStamp to cron job and write file name sent

Hello, I have written a cron job to automate the sftp of files using key authentication. I wanted to add a timeStamp and name of file sent to a log file and append each these details to the same file each time files are sent and if possible include whether the files were sent successfully or not.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: KidKoder
3 Replies
Amazon::SQS::Simple::Queue(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   Amazon::SQS::Simple::Queue(3pm)

NAME
Amazon::SQS::Simple::Queue - OO API for representing queues from the Amazon Simple Queue Service. SYNOPSIS
use Amazon::SQS::Simple; my $access_key = 'foo'; # Your AWS Access Key ID my $secret_key = 'bar'; # Your AWS Secret Key my $sqs = new Amazon::SQS::Simple($access_key, $secret_key); my $q = $sqs->CreateQueue('queue_name'); $q->SendMessage('Hello world!'); my $msg = $q->ReceiveMessage(); print $msg->MessageBody() # Hello world! $q->DeleteMessage($msg->MessageId()); INTRODUCTION
Don't instantiate this class directly. Objects of this class are returned by various methods in "Amazon::SQS::Simple". See Amazon::SQS::Simple for more details. METHODS
Endpoint() Get the endpoint for the queue. Delete([%opts]) Deletes the queue. Any messages contained in the queue will be lost. SendMessage($message, [%opts]) Sends the message. The message can be up to 8KB in size and should be plain text. ReceiveMessage([%opts]) Get the next message from the queue. Returns an "Amazon::SQS::Simple::Message" object. See Amazon::SQS::Simple::Message for more details. If MaxNumberOfMessages is greater than 1, the method returns an array of "Amazon::SQS::Simple::Message" objects. Options for ReceiveMessage: o MaxNumberOfMessages => NUMBER Maximum number of messages to return. Value should be an integer between 1 and 10 inclusive. Default is 1. DeleteMessage($receipt_handle, [%opts]) Delete the message with the specified receipt handle from the queue ChangeMessageVisibility($receipt_handle, $timeout, [%opts]) NOT SUPPORTED IN APIs EARLIER THAN 2009-01-01 Changes the visibility of the message with the specified receipt handle to $timeout seconds. $timeout must be in the range 0..43200. AddPermission($label, $account_actions, [%opts]) NOT SUPPORTED IN APIs EARLIER THAN 2009-01-01 Sets a permissions policy with the specified label. $account_actions is a reference to a hash mapping 12-digit AWS account numbers to the action(s) you want to permit for those account IDs. The hash value for each key can be a string (e.g. "ReceiveMessage") or a reference to an array of strings (e.g. ["ReceiveMessage", "DeleteMessage"]) RemovePermission($label, [%opts]) NOT SUPPORTED IN APIs EARLIER THAN 2009-01-01 Removes the permissions policy with the specified label. GetAttributes([%opts]) Get the attributes for the queue. Returns a reference to a hash mapping attribute names to their values. Currently the following attribute names are returned: o VisibilityTimeout o ApproximateNumberOfMessages SetAttribute($attribute_name, $attribute_value, [%opts]) Sets the value for a queue attribute. Currently the only valid attribute name is "VisibilityTimeout". AUTHOR
Copyright 2007-2008 Simon Whitaker <swhitaker@cpan.org> This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2009-05-16 Amazon::SQS::Simple::Queue(3pm)