Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking C - IP change during a hardware refresh? Post 302918232 by vbe on Monday 22nd of September 2014 11:51:18 AM
Old 09-22-2014
Someone modifying the network interface config files...

But what do you call a hardware refresh? and what OS are you talking about?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Refresh window?

Hi, for my first time using AIX, I haven't had much luck and I was wondering if I could get some urgent help. I had a terminal open and had allocated some space to a new volume group and then logical partition to "/foldername". I then went to go to netscape, so I typed that in the terminal and it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JimmyFo
0 Replies

2. IP Networking

Ip Addresses With Hardware Change

I have 2 identical printers with the same IP on my network. One is only used as a backup for the primary printer and both are never on line at the same time. The goal was to always keep only 1 on and have an use the other printer as an immediate backup if necessary. But when I switch the cable I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: golfs4us
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

Hardware Change 715/33 715/100 HIL - PS2 - XServer didnt start ???

I Need help ! We changed a WS HP 715/33 the new is a HP 715/100 ! The old one supports a HIL keyboard and mouse. The "new" one PS2 keyboard. We changed only the hardware not the harddisk - now the Xserver didnīt start ! What have we to configure thatt the WS supports the PS2 keyboard under... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbrandt1
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Refresh ls list on screen (auto-refresh)?

I am looking for a way to issue a command or string of commands to repeatedly display new files that are written to the directory. I usually use ls -ltr to see the newest files at the bottom of the screen. I would like to automate this command to refresh what is displayed every second or so. Can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skidude
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10u7 won't boot after hardware change

Hi all, I've somehow gained the idea that I _need_ to run at least 1 box with Solaris, but things don't go as I had planned :-) I pulled this ancient IBM eserver xseries 305 out of the dust, and got myself a fresh copy of the required cd's for Solaris 10u7. FAIL, for some reason the box and the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr.aart
7 Replies

6. Programming

ncurses refresh()

i have read in one of links, there its documented but i am using following code int main () { char ch; initscr(); printw("Enter a char :"); ch=getch(); printw("You Entered '%c' ",ch); getch(); endwin(); return 0; } the code does... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrUser
2 Replies

7. Hardware

Hardware Correction: How to change DVD write speed

I am now on Kernel 2.6.32-26 For me 16x CD write speed is okay. I have old hardware which was able to write DVDs at 1x, back in previous linux version. Now, I dont get speed of less than 4x. Tested on k3b, xfburn, and brasero. But all start at bottom 4x write speed. k3b forced back to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: makh
0 Replies

8. SCO

How to change raid controller driver ? (hardware change)

Hello I'm trying to virtualize an instance of Sco Unix 5.0.5 in VirtualBox (called VM-A) , but sco I have problems set to launch with the new raid controller . The physical machine has a raid controller adaptec (alad driver) but VirtualBox uses buslogic (blc driver) What ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: flako
3 Replies