Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Basic Shell Scripting
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Basic Shell Scripting Post 302917752 by vbe on Thursday 18th of September 2014 11:54:35 AM
Old 09-18-2014
Update your PATH variable at the beginning of your script by adding /u01/app/oracle/obiee117g/instances/instance1/bin to it and try again...
e.g.
Code:
export PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin:/u01/app/oracle/obiee117g/instances/instance1/bin

Last edited by vbe; 09-18-2014 at 01:01 PM.. Reason: added e.g.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is a good place to learn basic shell scripting? Thanks!

See the title. Originally wasn't going to type anything but I need a message of at least 10 characters! :cool: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deutchap6verse5
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting.

please give the difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haroonec
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting basic doubt

Hi, I have a script called sam.sh which consists of a single echo statement like this #/usr/bin/ksh echo "Mani" I changed the mode for the script by giving chmod a+x sam.sh. If I want to execute the scrpt by just giving the name at the command line "sam.sh", what should I necessarily do?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sendhilmani123
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

basic shell scripting question

If I did indeed grep something out of it, why woudln't $result show nothing? When I do $? , it does show success... What is the proper syntax so that $result shows actual thing it's grepping out? result=`(ssh $host tail -1 /something/somethingelse) | egrep -i "value" >dev/null` #echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: convenientstore
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

basic scripting help

I would like to know: 1. How is `command` used? 2. How is '$command' used? For example, a script file that checks for apache tomcat processes that I created has the following lines: test set suffix=` grep "6.0.18"` set command = `ps -ef $suffix` echo $command //?? hoping this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jon80
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

basic scripting syntax

In bash scripts please can someone tell me if the below is the correct syntax for comparing integers and strings; for integers - if ;then for strings - if ; then Thanks Calypso (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Calypso
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call Shell scripting from Perl Scripting.

Hi How to call a shell scripting through a Perl scripting? Actually I need some value from Shell scripting and passes in the Perl scripting. So how can i do this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupdas
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with basic scripting!

Hey I have to create a unix script that when run uses the 'man' command to print out the command information of commands passed as arguments. I have the basic pseudo code, but I don't know how to implement a loop. Any help is greatly appreciated. Cheers. short-manual <ls cc pwd>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarovarc
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

which is the Very basic certification on unix shell scripting?

Hi, I am very new to this forum, can any one tell me which is the very basic certification on unix shell scripting? please give me an advice on this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Manjesh
1 Replies
GO-PATH(7)						 Miscellaneous Information Manual						GO-PATH(7)

NAME
go - tool for managing Go source code DESCRIPTION
The Go path is used to resolve import statements. It is implemented by and documented in the go/build package. The GOPATH environment variable lists places to look for Go code. On Unix, the value is a colon-separated string. On Windows, the value is a semicolon-separated string. On Plan 9, the value is a list. GOPATH must be set to build and install packages outside the standard Go tree. Each directory listed in GOPATH must have a prescribed structure: The src/ directory holds source code. The path below 'src' determines the import path or executable name. The pkg/ directory holds installed package objects. As in the Go tree, each target operating system and architecture pair has its own sub- directory of pkg (pkg/GOOS_GOARCH). If DIR is a directory listed in the GOPATH, a package with source in DIR/src/foo/bar can be imported as "foo/bar" and has its compiled form installed to "DIR/pkg/GOOS_GOARCH/foo/bar.a". The bin/ directory holds compiled commands. Each command is named for its source directory, but only the final element, not the entire path. That is, the command with source in DIR/src/foo/quux is installed into DIR/bin/quux, not DIR/bin/foo/quux. The foo/ is stripped so that you can add DIR/bin to your PATH to get at the installed commands. If the GOBIN environment variable is set, commands are installed to the directory it names instead of DIR/bin. Here's an example directory layout: GOPATH=/home/user/gocode /home/user/gocode/ src/ foo/ bar/ (go code in package bar) x.go quux/ (go code in package main) y.go bin/ quux (installed command) pkg/ linux_amd64/ foo/ bar.a (installed package object) Go searches each directory listed in GOPATH to find source code, but new packages are always downloaded into the first directory in the list. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Michael Stapelberg <stapelberg@debian.org>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). 2012-05-13 GO-PATH(7)