Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Basic Shell Scripting
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Basic Shell Scripting Post 302917744 by RavinderSingh13 on Thursday 18th of September 2014 11:26:08 AM
Old 09-18-2014
Hello venkat8439,

Welcome to the forum. It's a request please use the code tage while posting the codes and commands as per forum rules. Now for your script yes you are going good. You need to put the same commands in a file which should have execution permission(or depending on your need like if you allow others to execute or not) and then try to execute it. Also keep shebang on top of the script.

Thanks,
R. Singh
This User Gave Thanks to RavinderSingh13 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is a good place to learn basic shell scripting? Thanks!

See the title. Originally wasn't going to type anything but I need a message of at least 10 characters! :cool: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deutchap6verse5
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting.

please give the difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haroonec
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting basic doubt

Hi, I have a script called sam.sh which consists of a single echo statement like this #/usr/bin/ksh echo "Mani" I changed the mode for the script by giving chmod a+x sam.sh. If I want to execute the scrpt by just giving the name at the command line "sam.sh", what should I necessarily do?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sendhilmani123
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

basic shell scripting question

If I did indeed grep something out of it, why woudln't $result show nothing? When I do $? , it does show success... What is the proper syntax so that $result shows actual thing it's grepping out? result=`(ssh $host tail -1 /something/somethingelse) | egrep -i "value" >dev/null` #echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: convenientstore
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

basic scripting help

I would like to know: 1. How is `command` used? 2. How is '$command' used? For example, a script file that checks for apache tomcat processes that I created has the following lines: test set suffix=` grep "6.0.18"` set command = `ps -ef $suffix` echo $command //?? hoping this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jon80
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

basic scripting syntax

In bash scripts please can someone tell me if the below is the correct syntax for comparing integers and strings; for integers - if ;then for strings - if ; then Thanks Calypso (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Calypso
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call Shell scripting from Perl Scripting.

Hi How to call a shell scripting through a Perl scripting? Actually I need some value from Shell scripting and passes in the Perl scripting. So how can i do this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupdas
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with basic scripting!

Hey I have to create a unix script that when run uses the 'man' command to print out the command information of commands passed as arguments. I have the basic pseudo code, but I don't know how to implement a loop. Any help is greatly appreciated. Cheers. short-manual <ls cc pwd>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarovarc
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

which is the Very basic certification on unix shell scripting?

Hi, I am very new to this forum, can any one tell me which is the very basic certification on unix shell scripting? please give me an advice on this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Manjesh
1 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)