Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris ZFS flash install "Unable to create Filesystem error" Post 302917501 by sc0rpie on Wednesday 17th of September 2014 06:11:14 AM
Old 09-17-2014
Hi,
c0t0d0s0 is correct, since this is the only disk in the box and zfs rootpool requires a slice 0.
The profile file looks like this:

Code:
install_type            flash_install
archive_location        nfs     
###.###.###.###:/export/flash/Sol10x86_u11/install/HPz420_UFS.flar
fdisk c0t0d0 solaris all
partitioning            explicit
pool rpool auto 4g 4g c0t0d0s0

This is the error I get.

Code:
Searching for JumpStart directory...
Using rules.ok from ###.###.###.###:/export/flash/Sol10x86_u11/config.
Checking rules.ok file...
Using profile: HPz420_zfs.profile
Using finish script: copy_networkfiles.sh
Executing JumpStart preinstall phase...
Searching for SolStart directory...
Checking rules.ok file...
Using begin script: install_begin
Using finish script: patch_finish
Executing SolStart preinstall phase...
Executing begin script "install_begin"...
Begin script install_begin execution completed.
Processing profile
        - Opening Flash archive
        - Validating Flash archive
        - Selecting all disks
        - Configuring boot device
        - Creating "all" Solaris fdisk partition (c0t0d0)
        - Configuring / (c0t0d0s0)
Verifying disk configuration
Verifying space allocation
Preparing system for Flash install
Configuring disk (c0t0d0)
        - Creating Fdisk partition table
        - Creating Solaris disk label (VTOC)
        - Creating pool rpool
        - Creating swap zvol for pool rpool
        - Creating dump zvol for pool rpool
Creating and checking file systems
        - Creating rpool/ROOT/ dataset
ERROR: Creation rpool/ROOT/ dataset failed
ERROR: Could not check or create system critical file systems
ERROR: Could not update disks with new configuration
ERROR: Flash installation failed
Solaris installation program exited.

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment edit by bakunin: please use CODE-tags for your data too, as it makes terminal output more readable. Thank you.

Last edited by bakunin; 09-17-2014 at 10:40 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

getting "mi_cmd_var_create: unable to create variable object" error msg

Hi, i am working in C in Fedora Eclipse 3.3.0 with gdb debugger. I am geting segmentation fault with an error message "mi_cmd_var_create: unable to create variable object" on debugging the program. What should I do to solve this problem? rgds, Dona_m (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: dona_m
14 Replies

2. SuSE

VMDB Failure" followed by "Unable to open snapshot file"

keep getting an error when I try to revert to a snapshot: "VMDB Failure" followed by "Unable to open snapshot file" Im using vmware server 1.0.4, host OS is windows xp and guest OS is SLES. Is there anything I can do to recover the snapshot or am I in trouble!?!?! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_linux
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to install "source" command!/ broken "login.cl"!

Hello, I am new to this forums and this is my first "asking help" message! i have 2 problems: 1- for unknown reasons the "source" command is not avalable in my system (UBUNTU). i can't either see it in my bin directory! 2- again for unknown reasons the "login.cl" file in the home... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: astrosona
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

"directory checksum error" when attempting to install tcl

OS: HP-UX Programs I want to install: expect and tcl I'm lost. I bought the book. I began reading the book. I want to install expect. I've been able to download the .z, and extract it successfully. But, of course, it apparently needs tcl and possibly tk also, and ... I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: instant000
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to Install "Devel-Profile" perl module in windows.

Hi, I want to install 'Devel-Profile' in windows but i am not able to install. Here is the error. PPM> install Devel-Profile Install package 'Devel-Profile?' (y/N): y Installing package 'Devel-Profile'... Error installing package 'Devel-Profile': Could not locate a PPD file for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
3 Replies

7. Ubuntu

How to install Adobe Flash player in Ubuntu "11.04"

I am unable to watch video e.g. "www.bbc.co.uk/autumnwatch" on my Netbook as I can find no way of installing Flash Player on my Netbook, which has, (I believe) a light version of Ubuntu 11.04. Has anyone had the same problem and resolved it?:o (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Royalist
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 error "-sh: /tmp/outfile: cannot create"

Hello, Each time a user log on to host, they receive below error: -sh: /tmp/outfile: cannot create Example: $ ssh host user@host's password: Last login: Fri Dec 4 08:17:28 2015 from client.ref |-----------------------------------------------------------------| -sh:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: feroccimx
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Install Apache 2.4.20 on Solaris 10 --- Error "ld: fatal: file ab.o: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32"

I am following the "Compilling and Installing" guide from Apache > HTTP Server > Documentation > Version 2.4 page The configure running OK: # export CC="gcc -m64" # ./configure \ --prefix=/usr/local/apache2/httpd-2.4.20 \ --with-port=80 \ --with-mpm=worker \ --enable-mods-shared=most \... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhuang
0 Replies
cmdk(7D)							      Devices								  cmdk(7D)

NAME
cmdk - common disk driver SYNOPSIS
cmdk@target, lun : [ partition | slice ] DESCRIPTION
The cmdk device driver is a common interface to various disk devices. The driver supports magnetic fixed disks and magnetic removable disks. The cmdk device driver supports three different disk labels: fdisk partition table, Solaris x86 VTOC and EFI/GPT. The block-files access the disk using the system's normal buffering mechanism and are read and written without regard to physical disk records. There is also a "raw" interface that provides for direct transmission between the disk and the user's read or write buffer. A sin- gle read or write call usually results in one I/O operation; raw I/O is therefore considerably more efficient when many bytes are transmit- ted. The names of the block files are found in /dev/dsk. Raw file names are found in /dev/rdsk. I/O requests to the magnetic disk must have an offset and transfer length that is a multiple of 512 bytes or the driver returns an EINVAL error. Slice 0 is normally used for the root file system on a disk, slice 1 as a paging area (for example, swap), and slice 2 for backing up the entire fdisk partition for Solaris software. Other slices may be used for usr file systems or system reserved area. The fdisk partition 0 is to access the entire disk and is generally used by the fdisk(1M) program. FILES
/dev/dsk/cndn[s|p]n block device (IDE) /dev/rdsk/cndn[s|p]n raw device (IDE) where: cn controller n. dn lun n (0-1). sn UNIX system slice n (0-15). pn fdisk partition (0-36). /kernel/drv/cmdk 32-bit kernel module. /kernel/drv/amd64/cmdk 64-bit kernel module. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |x86 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
fdisk(1M), mount(1M), lseek(2), read(2), write(2), readdir(3C), scsi(4), vfstab(4), attributes(5), dkio(7I) SunOS 5.11 4 Nov 2008 cmdk(7D)