Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris The Fastest for copy huge data Post 302917305 by Scrutinizer on Tuesday 16th of September 2014 12:27:38 AM
Old 09-16-2014
You could copy the filesystem blocks and turn that into a filesystem on the other server, or use techniques of the underlying storage hardware (if it is on a SAN), or use a previous backup to restore on the other server and use rsync for the last bit.

If it is on ZFS then you could use that to take a snapshot and send it to the other side..

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 09-16-2014 at 01:40 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fastest copy command

wich is the fastest command in HP-UX to copy an entire disk to dat tapes, or even disk to disk? thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vascobrito
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract data from a huge file?

Hi, I have a huge file of bibliographic records in some standard format.I need a script to do some repeatable task as follows: 1. Needs to create folders as the strings starts with "item_*" from the input file 2. Create a file "contents" in each folders having "license.txt(tab... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: srsahu75
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

A variable and sum of its value in a huge data.

Hi Experts, I got a question.. In the following output of `ps -elf | grep DataFlow` I get:- 242001 A mqsiadm 2076676 1691742 0 60 20 26ad4f400 130164 * May 09 - 3:02 DataFlowEngine EAIDVBR1_BROKER 5e453de8-2001-0000-0080-fd142b9ce8cb VIPS_INQ1 0 242001 A mqsiadm... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: varungupta
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy and paste certain many lines of huge file in linux

Dear All, I am working with windoes OS but remote a linux machine. I wonder the way to copy an paste some part of a huge file in linux machine. the contain of file like as follow: ... dump annealling all custom 10 anneal_*.dat id type x y z q timestep 0.02 run 200000 Memory... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ariesto
2 Replies

5. Solaris

The FASTEST copy method?

Hi Experts, I've been asked if there is a fast way to duplicate a file(10GB) and zip it at the same time. The zipped file would be FTP'd.....management is asking this. Maybe there is a better method all together? any ideas? CP will not cut it. Thanks in advance Harley (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Harleyrci
1 Replies

6. AIX

Copy huge files system

Dear Guy’s By using dd command or any strong command, I’d like to copy huge data from file system to another file system Sours File system: /sfsapp File system has 250 GB of data Target File system: /tgtapp I’d like to copy all these files and directories from /sfsapp to /tgtapp as... (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
28 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy huge data into vi editor

Hi All, HP-UX dev4 B.11.11 U 9000/800 3251073457 I need to copy huge data from windows text file to vi editor. when I tried copy huge data, the format of data is not preserverd and appered to scatterd through the vi, something like give below. Please let me know, how can I correct this? ... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: alok.behria
18 Replies

8. Red Hat

Disk is Full but really does not contain huge data

Hi All, My disk usage show 100 % . When I check “df –kh” it shows my root partition is full. But when I run the “du –skh /” shows only 7 GB is used. Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/sda1 30G 28G 260MB 100% / How I can identify who is using the 20 GB of memory. Os: Centos... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalpeer
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Aggregation of huge data

Hi Friends, I have a file with sample amount data as follows: -89990.3456 8788798.990000128 55109787.20 -12455558989.90876 I need to exclude the '-' symbol in order to treat all values as an absolute one and then I need to sum up.The record count is around 1 million. How... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravichander
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Phrase XML with Huge Data

HI Guys, I have Big XML file with Below Format :- Input :- <pokl>MKL=1,FN=1,GBNo=B10C</pokl> <d>192</d> <d>315</d> <d>35</d> <d>0,7,8</d> <pokl>MKL=1,dFN=1,GBNo=B11C</pokl> <d>162</d> <d>315</d> <d>35</d> <d>0,5,6</d> <pokl>MKL=1,dFN=1,GBNo=B12C</pokl> <d>188</d> (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
4 Replies
FS_SNAPSHOT_CREATE(2)					      BSD System Calls Manual					     FS_SNAPSHOT_CREATE(2)

NAME
fs_snasphot_create -- create read only snapshot of a mounted filesystem SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/attr.h> #include <sys/snapshot.h> int fs_snapshot_create(int dirfd, const char * name, uint32_t flags); int fs_snapshot_delete(int dirfd, const char * name, uint32_t flags); int fs_snapshot_list(int dirfd, struct attrlist * name, void * attrbuf, size_t bufsize, uint32_t flags); int fs_snapshot_rename(int dirfd, const char * old, const char * new, uint32_t flags); int fs_snapshot_mount(int dirfd, const char * dir, const char * snapshot, uint32_t flags); int fs_snapshot_revert(int dirfd, const char * name, uint32_t flags); DESCRIPTION
The fs_snapshot_create() function, for supported Filesystems, causes a snapshot of the Filesystem to be created. A snapshot is a read only copy of the filesystem frozen at a point in time. The Filesystem is identified by the dirfd parameter which should be a file descriptor associated with the root directory of the filesystem for which the snapshot is to be created. name can be any valid name for a component name (except . and ..). The fs_snapshot_delete() function causes the named snapshot name to be deleted and the fs_snapshot_rename() function causes the named snapshot old to be renamed to the name new. Available snapshots along with their attributes can be listed by calling fs_snapshot_list() which is to be used in exactly the same way as getattrlistbulk(2). The flags parameter specifies the options that can be passed. No options are currently defined. Snapshots may be useful for backing up the Filesystem and to restore the Filesystem to a previous state. Snapshots are expected to consume no additional storage on creation but might consume additional storage as the active Filesystem is modified. Similarly deletion of files on the active filesystem may not result in the storage being available if the snapshot contains the file. Additionally, the underlying Filesys- tem may impose a limit on the number of snapshots that can be taken. For supporting Filesystems, a snapshot may be used as a source for a mount. This can be done by the fs_snapshot_mount() function. The snapshot will be mounted read only. When a snapshot is mounted, it cannot be deleted but it can be renamed. To revert the filesystem to a previous snapshot, the fs_snapshot_revert() can be used. It should be noted that reverting a filesystem to a snapshot is a destructive operation and causes all changes made to the filesystem (including snapshots cre- ated after the snapshot being reverted to) to be lost. All snapshot functions require superuser privileges and also require an additional entitlement. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, fs_snapshot_create() , fs_snapshot_delete() and fs_snapshot_rename() returns 0. Otherwise, a value of -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. fs_snapshot_list() returns the number of entries successfully read. A return value of 0 indicates there are no more entries. Otherwise, a value of -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. Return values are the same as getattrlistbulk(2). COMPATIBILITY
Not all volumes support snapshots. A volume can be tested for snapshot support by using getattrlist(2) to get the volume capabilities attribute ATTR_VOL_CAPABILITIES, and then testing the VOL_CAP_INT_SNAPSHOT flag. ERRORS
The fs_snapshot_create() , fs_snapshot_delete() , fs_snapshot_rename() and fs_snapshot_list() function will fail if: [EACCES] Read permissions are denied for the caller on the filesystem [ENOTSUP] The underlying filesystem does not support this call. [EINVAL] The value of the flags parameter is invalid. [ENOSPC] There is no free space remaining on the file system containing the file. [ENOSPC] The limit for the maximum number of snapshots for a filesystem has been reached. [EIO] An I/O error occurred while reading from or writing to the file system. [EPERM] The calling process does not have appropriate privileges. [EROFS] The requested operation requires modifications in a read-only file system. [ENAMETOOLONG] The length of a component of a pathname is longer than {NAME_MAX}. [EBADF] dirfd is not a valid file descriptor. [ENOTDIR] dirfd is a file descriptor associated with a non-directory file. In addition, the fs_snapshot_create() or fs_snapshot_rename() functions may fail with the following errors [EEXIST] The The named snapshot to be created already exists or the new name already exists for the snapshot being renamed. fs_snapshot_create() or fs_snapshot_rename() functions may fail with the following errors [ENOENT] The named snapshot does not exist. fs_snapshot_delete() function may fail with [EBUSY] The named snapshot is currently mounted. SEE ALSO
getattrlist(2), getattrlistbulk(2) HISTORY
The fs_snapshot_create() , fs_snapshot_delete() , fs_snapshot_delete() and fs_snapshot_list() function calls appeared in macOS version 10.13 Darwin July 4th, 2017 Darwin