Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Network Monitoring
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Network Monitoring Post 302917008 by kannansoft1985 on Saturday 13th of September 2014 04:45:49 AM
Old 09-13-2014
Because Alert Mail concept is useful to monitor the network connections when the network connection is lost and I have to take necessary steps to solve this issue.Already I had developed a shell Script a for network monitoring about the current network status.But I want the Network status through one mail when the network connection is lost.
Code:
mail eg:
If the 10th client PC Network Connection is lost,then I want to get a mail like as,
Please check the network connection of this 10th client PC.

Last edited by kannansoft1985; 09-13-2014 at 06:21 AM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network monitoring

Is there any way to check up the TCP/Ip port connectivity( healthiness ) without using ping or icmp calls ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikasdeshmukh
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

monitoring network traffic

there are commands to monitor the memory, paging, io... how about network traffic. i mean commands to see whether the network traffic (LAN) is congested? the closest i got is netstat thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

network monitoring software

hi can i know if there is any GUI interface software to help in monitoring the network of the servers i have? something like a web pages or a stock pages when a processes is down, a red colour is flashes. best if it is free ;) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: legato
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Monitoring network traffic using snoop

I want to monitor network traffic. For this purpose i use snoop command. But snoop command only show those packets which are broadcasted or those packets which recieved by host. But I want to examine whole network traffic. Please tell me how to use snoop for monitoring whole network traffic or if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mansoorulhaq
3 Replies

5. Infrastructure Monitoring

Network monitoring tool for Solaris 10

Hi All, I was wondering if there is any Network Monitoring Tool for Solaris 10 to monitor a network having hybrid operating systems. I just googled it without success. Hope, experts will guide me to get it. Thanks, Deepak (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
7 Replies

6. HP-UX

Monitoring traffic in the network

I Colleagues, Somebody can say me how to monitoring traffic in the network. also I am interested in monitoring memory. if somebody to know a guide with command advanced in unix welcome for me. Thank you for adcanced. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: systemoper
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network monitoring at boot level.

Whenever i start my server it takes app 2 minutes to get into network (After starting the network service on boot). I inquire the network guys for possible causes but they say it will need both side monitoring . One is switch side and the second is server side. I m not sure how do i check... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
6 Replies

8. BSD

PF OpenBSD Network Monitoring

Hi, Though I have some Linux background I'm new to BSD. Currently I'm administering an OpenBSD 5.3 firewall which based on PF. I want to view my LAN's top talkers to the internet. If it is a graphical method that's better but I like to know whether it is possible through a command like pfctl.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amithad
3 Replies
cron(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   cron(8)

NAME
cron - The system clock daemon SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/cron DESCRIPTION
The cron daemon runs shell commands at specified dates and times. Commands that are to run according to a regular or periodic schedule are found within the crontab files. Commands that are to run once only are found within the at files. You submit crontab and at file entries by using the crontab and at commands. Because the cron process exits only when killed or when the system stops, only one cron daemon should exist on the system at any given time. Normally, you start the cron daemon from within a run command file. During process initialization and when cron detects a change, it examines the crontab and at files. This strategy reduces the overhead of checking for new or changed files at regularly scheduled intervals. The cron command creates a log of its activities. The cron daemon must be started from the system startup scripts because it must begin execution without a login user ID set. The cron daemon starts each job with the following process attributes stored with the job by the invoking process: Login user ID Effective and real user IDs Effective and real group IDs Supplementary groups It also establishes the following attributes from the authentication profile of the account associated with the login user ID of the invok- ing process: Audit control and disposition masks Kernel authorizations DIAGNOSTICS
The at and batch programs will refuse to accept jobs submitted from processes whose login user ID is different from the real user ID. FILES
Specifies the command path. Main cron directory Directory containing the crontab files. List of allowed users. List of denied users His- tory information for cron Queue description file for at, batch, and cron RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: at(1), crontab(1), rc0(8), rc2(8), rc3(8) Files: queuedefs(4) delim off cron(8)