Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Network Monitoring
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Network Monitoring Post 302917008 by kannansoft1985 on Saturday 13th of September 2014 04:45:49 AM
Old 09-13-2014
Because Alert Mail concept is useful to monitor the network connections when the network connection is lost and I have to take necessary steps to solve this issue.Already I had developed a shell Script a for network monitoring about the current network status.But I want the Network status through one mail when the network connection is lost.
Code:
mail eg:
If the 10th client PC Network Connection is lost,then I want to get a mail like as,
Please check the network connection of this 10th client PC.

Last edited by kannansoft1985; 09-13-2014 at 06:21 AM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network monitoring

Is there any way to check up the TCP/Ip port connectivity( healthiness ) without using ping or icmp calls ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikasdeshmukh
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

monitoring network traffic

there are commands to monitor the memory, paging, io... how about network traffic. i mean commands to see whether the network traffic (LAN) is congested? the closest i got is netstat thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

network monitoring software

hi can i know if there is any GUI interface software to help in monitoring the network of the servers i have? something like a web pages or a stock pages when a processes is down, a red colour is flashes. best if it is free ;) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: legato
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Monitoring network traffic using snoop

I want to monitor network traffic. For this purpose i use snoop command. But snoop command only show those packets which are broadcasted or those packets which recieved by host. But I want to examine whole network traffic. Please tell me how to use snoop for monitoring whole network traffic or if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mansoorulhaq
3 Replies

5. Infrastructure Monitoring

Network monitoring tool for Solaris 10

Hi All, I was wondering if there is any Network Monitoring Tool for Solaris 10 to monitor a network having hybrid operating systems. I just googled it without success. Hope, experts will guide me to get it. Thanks, Deepak (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
7 Replies

6. HP-UX

Monitoring traffic in the network

I Colleagues, Somebody can say me how to monitoring traffic in the network. also I am interested in monitoring memory. if somebody to know a guide with command advanced in unix welcome for me. Thank you for adcanced. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: systemoper
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network monitoring at boot level.

Whenever i start my server it takes app 2 minutes to get into network (After starting the network service on boot). I inquire the network guys for possible causes but they say it will need both side monitoring . One is switch side and the second is server side. I m not sure how do i check... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
6 Replies

8. BSD

PF OpenBSD Network Monitoring

Hi, Though I have some Linux background I'm new to BSD. Currently I'm administering an OpenBSD 5.3 firewall which based on PF. I want to view my LAN's top talkers to the internet. If it is a graphical method that's better but I like to know whether it is possible through a command like pfctl.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amithad
3 Replies
NM-CONNECTION-EDITOR(1) 				      General Commands Manual					   NM-CONNECTION-EDITOR(1)

NAME
nm-connection-editor - network connection editor for NetworkManager SYNOPSIS
nm-connection-editor [ OPTIONS ] DESCRIPTION
nm-connection-editor is a GTK-based application to add, remove, and modify network connections stored by NetworkManager. NetworkManager must be running for any network connections to be added, removed, or modified. OPTIONS
-t, --type=<type> Type of connection to create or show. Values are NetworkManager setting names, eg "802-3-ethernet", "802-11-wireless", "bridge", "bond", "wimax", "infiniband", "vlan", etc. Does nothing if --create or --show is not given. -s, --show Expand or collapse the network list to highlight the network connection type given by --type. -c, --create Create a new connection of the type given by --type and allow the user to modify connection details. -e, --edit=<uuid> Show the network connection edit window for the connection of the given UUID. SEE ALSO
nmcli(1), NetworkManager(8), nm-applet(1). 15 February 2013 NM-CONNECTION-EDITOR(1)