Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Stored command
Operating Systems AIX Stored command Post 302916957 by tricampeon81 on Friday 12th of September 2014 04:21:45 PM
Old 09-12-2014
I use putty for example
write this ls -ltr
after I write more test.txt
if I want to use ls command again should write -latr redialing is not saved to be used with the keyboard arrow riba, understood my problem?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Stored Procedures

Dear friends, can anyone suggest links for online books on stored procedures in oracle. Cheers, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thumsup9
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Environmental Variables - where stored ?

Hi all ! Yesterday I defined an environmental variable PATH, but today when I restarted machine, I could not see that it was stored any place. Is there any file where I could save the settings ? I have quite a few env.variables defined, so I need a smarter way to define. regards D (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DGoubine
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stored Procedure on NT/SQLServer

Hi: How will I execute a Stored Procedure that sits on NT/SQLServer. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mayohan
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Where are routes stored ?

Hi there When adding a route (or indeed deleting a route) which file is amended ? I am moving a box from one network to another and when it starts up it tries to connect run 'add net 192.x.x.x' etc etc ...but i dont want it to do that where do I edit these route additions cheers (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can i exectue a command stored in a variable.it goes like this

hi the code i ve written is as follows: command="egrep ',100,|,200,' | wc -l" count =`cat trial.txt | $command` echo "$count" the contents of trial.txt is : 000,100,200,300, 001,200,100,201, 002,200,100,400, i need to get the count using the command stored in a variable and using... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Syms
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

where is Ip address stored

I run - telnet adl001 (where adl001 is a box name) and it works Ok /etc/hosts file does not have resolution of the ip address for this name where it can be found ? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zam
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

execute command stored in a string

Hi, Here's the problem I am facing. This is just an example: list_files.ksh ------------ dir=$1 match=$2 var="ls $dir | grep $match" files=`"$var"` I get the below error on executing the above script: ./list_files.ksh: ls /home/my_files | grep xml: not found I know I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dips_ag
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

using sed command to display contents where line numbers are stored in variables

if i want to display the contents of a file between say line number 3 and 10 then i use the following command sed -n '3,10p' filename if this 3 was contained in x and 10 was contained in y then how wud this command modified? sed -n '$x,$yp' filename does not work..please advise (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arindamlive
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stored Procedure not executing

below code is not executing the stored procedure,not sure what the issue.Even sqllog is blank.please help me its very urgent. sqlplus -s $connect_str@$DB_ORACLE_SID >> ${SQL_LOG_FILE} << EOF set serverout on set feed off set head off set pages 0 set colsep , set tab off set lin 150... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: katakamvivek
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run command stored in variable

Hi, I have a shell script where I have to connect t oracle database. I have to store the command in a variable and then run the command through the variable.The OS is solaris 10 and the shell is bash.pls help when I run the command it doesnot work.Thanks. if CONNECT= "sqlplus... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rossdba
4 Replies
LASTCOMM(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					       LASTCOMM(1)

NAME
lastcomm -- show last commands executed in reverse order SYNOPSIS
lastcomm [-f file] [command ...] [user ...] [terminal ...] DESCRIPTION
lastcomm gives information on previously executed commands. With no arguments, lastcomm prints information about all the commands recorded during the current accounting file's lifetime. Option: -f file Read from file rather than the default accounting file. If called with arguments, only accounting entries with a matching command name, user name, or terminal name are printed. So, for example: lastcomm a.out root ttyd0 would produce a listing of all the executions of commands named a.out by user root on the terminal ttyd0. For each process entry, the following are printed. o The name of the user who ran the process. o Flags, as accumulated by the accounting facilities in the system. o The command name under which the process was called. o The amount of cpu time used by the process (in seconds). o The time the process started. o The elapsed time of the process. The flags are encoded as follows: ``S'' indicates the command was executed by the super-user, ``F'' indicates the command ran after a fork, but without a following exec(3), ``C'' indicates the command was run in PDP-11 compatibility mode (VAX only), ``D'' indicates the command terminated with the generation of a core file, and ``X'' indicates the command was terminated with a signal. FILES
/var/account/acct Default accounting file. SEE ALSO
last(1), sigaction(2), acct(5), core(5) HISTORY
The lastcomm command appeared in 3.0BSD. BSD
December 22, 2006 BSD