Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk Script to format output
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk Script to format output Post 302916822 by Bobsonm on Friday 12th of September 2014 05:40:32 AM
Old 09-12-2014
Thanks for the reply!

The code you posted is giving me a syntax error on the first result="NONE". I tried to fix it but I cant make it work so I went in a different direction.

Breaking it down to smaller parts so its easier for me to understand.

Code:
awk '$1=="Server:" {  
if ($1=="Server:") {print server}  
server=$2 
} 
END {
print server
} '

Is giving me all the servers names.

Code:
awk '
$1=="Server:" {  
if ($1=="Server:") {print server}  
server=$2 
} 
$2=="Running" { 
countrunning[$2]++
} 
$2=="Suspended" { 
countsusp[$2]++
}  
END {
print server; 
for (num1 in countrunning) print num1,  countrunning[num1] ; 
for (num2  in countsusp) print num2, countsusp[num2]
} '

Is giving me all servers and a count of processes with state running and suspended regardless on what server it runs. I cannot use S1="Process" to identify the processes because the actual names are random (not starting whit process).

Im trying to make the output of the script so that the state of processes are counted for each server.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output in a particular format using AWK

Hi All, I am trying to check if if column 5 is greater than 90. If greater it will print the term in column 6, else if all are within limit, then it will output "Size is within limit". I can't seem to do that with the below code. The output should only be 1 statement of "Size is within the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[need help] output format from awk

hi all, i have a problem with my nawk command output below is the description : nawk $12 == "00008001" { cnt++;cs_cd } END {for(cd in cs_cd) print cd, cs_cd } 2007020814.TDR output : 133 123 desire output: 133,123,.... please advices thank you so much (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bucci
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format output using awk in script.

Guys, I have a script which hits the database and pulls the information that I need into files. Now I want to format these files to make them easy to read. The sample format of the file will be like.... <Start_of_File> Header1 .....xsdfsfa...adfa...... Header2 ....afefas .aefaefsdf...... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bperl
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

scripting/awk help : awk sum output is not comming in regular format. Pls advise.

Hi Experts, I am adding a column of numbers with awk , however not getting correct output: # awk '{sum+=$1} END {print sum}' datafile 2.15291e+06 How can I getthe output like : 2152910 Thank you.. # awk '{sum+=$1} END {print sum}' datafile 2.15079e+06 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - format output

Input file1 zone: BAU_SERVER1 C0:50:76:01:C6:20:00:12; 50:06:01:69:3B:20:14:8B; 50:06:01:60:3B:20:14:8B zone: BAU_SERVER2 C0:50:76:01:C6:20:00:08; 50:06:01:69:3B:20:14:8B; 50:06:01:60:3B:20:14:8B zone: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: greycells
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to format an output

awk experts, I have in put file with time stamp followed by "," separated data. same patern continues. The output need time stamp in first columns and data total in 2nd columns. Input file T 9:15 d0,1,3,3 d1,2,1,1 d2,3,1,5 e1,1,1,1 T 9:30 d0,1,1,1 d1,2,3,2 d3,1,2,1... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: arv_cds
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

after awk-> format output

hi i have a awk command with several querys.... awk 'FS="|""; print $4, $5, $6...etc.... $4 gives me the date 20120304 $5 is timestamp 101023 I want to format these in 2012.03.04 or 2012/03/04 10:10:23 but have no idea, if this is possible with format-parameters in the awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jazzmatazz
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format output using awk

Hello all , need help with this ... Input File DEV % POOL 0CB4 FBA 2211300 81792 4 IE RAID-5(3+1) R5_EFD100_1 - - 1805376 82 IF RAID-1 M2_FC300_1 - ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: greycells
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adjusting my awk output format

I've been diving into awk but still learning how to use it for text formatting. Below you can see my results are separated by a comma. Can somebody show me how to separate by TAB as well? An explanation would be appreciated as I did not comprehend the answer in the man pages and would like to gain... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudo
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to generate Excel file or to SQL output data to Excel format/tabular format

Hi , i am generating some data by firing sql query with connecting to the database by my solaris box. The below one should be the header line of my excel ,here its coming in separate row. TO_CHAR(C. CURR_EMP_NO ---------- --------------- LST_NM... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dani1234
6 Replies
PSERVER(1)							      pserver								PSERVER(1)

NAME
pserver - NetWare print server SYNOPSIS
pserver [ -S server ] [ -h ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] [ -q queue name ] [ -c command ] [ -j job type ] [ -t timeout ] [ -d ] DESCRIPTION
pserver is a program that connects to print queues on NetWare servers and feeds incoming print jobs to the Linux printing system. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print out a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user user is the print server name at the server. -P password password is the password to use for the print server at the server. If neither -n nor -P are given, and the user has no open connection to the server, pserver prompts for a password. -n -n should be given if the print server does not require a password. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. -q queue name queue name is the name of the print queue you want to service. -c command When a job is received from the print queue, pserver forks off a new process, and feeds the job file to stdin. command is the printing command that is executed for each job. The default command is 'lpr'. You can insert several flags into the command, preceded by %. These are replaced with values retrieved from the queue structure for the print job. %u: This field will be replaced by the name of the user who posted this print job. %d: This field will be replaced by the job description field of this print job. -j job type Each job in a NetWare print queue has a job type. For print jobs, this corresponds to the number of the form the job should be printed on. You can tell pserver that it should only receive jobs for one specific form from the queue. The default is -1, which means that everything is received. -t timeout Pserver is not informed by NetWare servers when new jobs arrive. So a polling scheme has to be used. When there are no jobs to service, timeout tells pserver how long to wait between two requests. The default is 30 seconds. When a job is finished, pserver asks the NetWare server immediately for a new job, and does not wait timeout seconds. -d Normally, pserver daemonizes itself. -d tells it not to do so. This is useful if you want to see the diagnostic messages that are printed when a error occurs. SEE ALSO
nwclient(5), slist(1), pqlist(1), ncpmount(8), ncpumount(8) CREDITS
pserver was written by Volker Lendecke (lendecke@math.uni-goettingen.de) pserver 10/22/1996 PSERVER(1)