Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Merge two files and add the count Post 302916292 by Don Cragun on Monday 8th of September 2014 03:15:48 PM
Old 09-08-2014
You've been asking for our help for well over 5 years.

What have you tried to solve this problem on your own?

What utility (or utilities) do you think would be well suited to solve this problem?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

MERGE 13 files and add the file name at the end of each record

Hi Gurus, I have 13 comma(,) seperated files that i have to merge and create a single file which has file name attached at th end of each record in the out put file. Can any one please help me with writing a unix script with this issue? test1.dat BIG ID,Local ID,Bond... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vkr
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to merge and add?? Two Files

Sorry noob here...... I have 2 files like this: File A 8080000001 400 8080000002 300 8080000003 200 File B 8080000001 600 8080000002 200 8080000004 200 I want one file where File OUT 8080000001 1000 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Unice
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge files of differrent size with one field common in both files using awk

hi, i am facing a problem in merging two files using awk, the problem is as stated below, file1: A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|1 M|N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|2 AA|BB|CC|DD|EE|FF|GG|HH|II|1 .... .... .... file2 : 1|Mn|op|qr (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashi1982
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Merge files and add file name to the end of each line

Hello everybody, I'm trying to merge a lot of files, but I want to include the filename to the end of each line. I've tried to use cat, but I got stuck. My files are for example: file01.001 123456 aaa ddd ee 458741 eee fff ee file02.003 478596 uuu ddd ee 145269 ttt fff ee ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ernesto561
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to count specific columns and merge with unique ones?

Hi. I am not sure the title gives an optimal description of what I want to do. I have several text files that contain data in many columns. All the files are organized the same way, but the data in the columns might differ. I want to count the number of times data occur in specific columns,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesT
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count and merge using common column

I have the following records from multiple files. 415 A G 415 A G 415 A T 415 A . 415 A . 421 G A 421 G A,C 421 G A 421 G A 421 G A,C 421 G . 427 A C 427 A ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: empyrean
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking in a directory how many files are present and basing on that merge all the files

Hi, My requirement is,there is a directory location like: :camp/current/ In this location there can be different flat files that are generated in a single day with same header and the data will be different, differentiated by timestamp, so i need to verify how many files are generated... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanth_sagi
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge files and generate a resume in two files

Dear Gents, Please I need your help... I need small script :) to do the following. I have a thousand of files in a folder produced daily. I need first to merge all files called. txt (0009.txt, 0010.txt, 0011.txt) and and to output a resume of all information on 2 separate files in csv... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error files count while coping files from source to destination locaton as well count success full

hi All, Any one answer my requirement. I have source location src_dir="/home/oracle/arun/IRMS-CM" My Target location dest_dir="/home/oracle/arun/LiveLink/IRMS-CM/$dc/$pc/$ct" my source text files check with below example.text file content $fn "\t" $dc "\t" $pc "\t" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravanreddy
3 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)