Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Lose default gateway
Operating Systems AIX Lose default gateway Post 302916207 by bakunin on Monday 8th of September 2014 07:22:07 AM
Old 09-08-2014
Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment When i told you that you can ask such questions in the AIX forum i didn't mean you have to ignore my answer and just open a new thread here.

If you want to have a thread moved from one forum to the other please ask a moderator to do so for you. Thank you.

Threads merged.

bakunin

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Add route gateway -> Restart !! Lose it

:confused: Hi: I donīt know how to add route gateway and when restart the machine lose this route and put other. In SCO ver 5.6 Enterprise write: etc\route delete gateway route add gateway 199.199.1.1. so , netstat -rn to see if has change -> all ok Restart -> !!!... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AlvaroD
2 Replies

2. Solaris

How can I change the default gateway?

my actual default gatewas IP is: default 192.168.11.254 and I need to change it to 192.168.11.2, I'm using Solaris 9, how can i do it? and how i can save it in case that the machine restart and have the new default gateway IP saved? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lestat
5 Replies

3. IP Networking

default gateway in unix?

i'm a real unix newbie, setting up a network, with a router to router vpn connection with a remote site, all the win stuff is talking and pinging and all the stuff it should be doing (yeah and crashing too, lol) but no communication with the unix box, i think the problem is with my default... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smcg
3 Replies

4. AIX

Help with Default Gateway

Hi, I have two interfaces on m AIX 5.3 box. One going to 192.168.1.x and it has a gateway of 192.168.1.1. I configured the other gateway with 192.168.2.x and the default gateway as 192.168.2.1. But I can't get connectivity to the 192.168.2.1 network. Can someone help me out and let me know... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
7 Replies

5. Linux

GNUGK-How to setup static gateway to gateway routing

Dear Sir I am a newbie in the world of IP telephony. I have been working with Asterisk PBX (SIP) and Cisco Call Manager (MGCP) but now I am learning on how to work GNUGK for H.323 Gatekeeper. I am having a problem, configuring static call routing on GNUGK in the section ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mfondoum
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot ping default gateway

I have NCR MP-RAS unix. I have been trying for several months to get our network working since we had never used it before. I have setup all routes that I can think of. I know it has something to do with the routing table, because out of sheer luck I was able to get it working, and than like a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rutgerncas
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

can't update the default gateway

Hi, I have server that I change its network configuration from using DHCP to using static IP. I have edited the file /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 To: BOOTPROTO=STATIC IPADDR=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx NETMASK=255.255.255.0 GATEWAY=yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy I did /etc/init.d/network... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
2 Replies

8. IP Networking

Default Gateway

I am am using IPv6 IP's with an OS of Debian. Is it possible to set a *static* default gateway w/o the router being connected? Will that gateway change when the router is connected? TIA (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meow613
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Inconsistency between RedHat 6.5 global gateway and single gateway leads to loss of default gateway

Dear friends I use RedHat 6.5, which sets the gateway in the configuration file / etc / sysconfig / network as GATEWAY = 192.168.1.26, and the gateway in the configuration file / etc / sysconfig / network-scripts / ifcfg-eth11 as GATEWAY = 192.168.1.256. The two gateways are different.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanpeng
6 Replies
PTHREAD_SUSPEND_NP(3)					   BSD Library Functions Manual 				     PTHREAD_SUSPEND_NP(3)

NAME
pthread_suspend_np, pthread_resume_np -- suspend/resume the given thread LIBRARY
POSIX Threads Library (libpthread, -lpthread) SYNOPSIS
#include <pthread.h> int pthread_suspend_np(pthread_t thread); int pthread_resume_np(pthread_t thread); DESCRIPTION
The pthread_suspend_np() function suspends the thread given as argument. If thread is the currently running thread as returned by pthread_self(3), the function fails and returns EDEADLK. Otherwise, it removes the named thread from the running queue, and adds it to the suspended queue. The thread will remain blocked until pthread_resume_np() is called on it. In other words, pthread_resume_np() resumes the thread given as argument, if it was suspended. RETURN VALUES
Both functions return 0 on success and an error number indicating the reason for the failure. COMPATIBILITY
These functions are non-standard extensions. ERRORS
The pthread_suspend_np() function may fail if: [EDEADLK] The thread requested to suspend was the currently running thread. [ESRCH] The supplied thread was invalid. The pthread_resume_np() function may fail if: [ESRCH] The supplied thread was invalid. NOTES
Some pthread_suspend_np() implementations may allow suspending the current thread. This is dangerous, because the semantics of the function would then require the scheduler to schedule another thread, causing a thread context switch. Since that context switch can happen in a sig- nal handler by someone calling pthread_suspend_np() in a signal handler, this is currently not allowed. In pthread_resume_np() the NetBSD implementation does not check if the thread argument is not already suspended. Some implementations might return an error condition if pthread_resume_np() is called on a non-suspended thread. SEE ALSO
pthread_attr_setcreatesuspend_np(3), pthread_self(3) BSD
July 9, 2010 BSD