Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Modify the Hostid in a Solaris 11 Global Zone running on VMWare Post 302916200 by hicksd8 on Monday 8th of September 2014 06:56:09 AM
Old 09-08-2014
Further comment on hostid and lmgrd issues

No wonder license server support people are still asking these types of questions!!! I just dealt with another one (locally).

It seems that people bought extremely expensive perpetual software licenses years ago which are protected by license servers like lmgrd (FlexLM). The hardware it is running on (eg, Sun Ultra1's) are now completely knackered and end-of-life but the original software company has gone bust, been taken over (several times), or the company is trying to sell their new software, and so to get the license file regenerated for a new host is impossible. However, the end user has a legal right to run the software and simply wants to move servers.

The software company simply doesn't understand, or deliberately won't understand the problem.

I hope this thread becomes the definitive place to look for help on this.

Last edited by hicksd8; 09-08-2014 at 08:09 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris Zone : Non global Zone check failed

Hi All , I try to install some packages in my global zone... On the execution of the installion of the script it quits by saying the error "Non global zone check failed" Kindly help me in this regard Thanks in advance, jeganr (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
7 Replies

2. Solaris

Is there two different kernel`s running in global and non global zone?

Hi All, I want to know for non global zone there will be different kernal running? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vijaysachin
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 local zone on Solaris 11 global zone

Hi, A quick question: Can Solaris 10 local zones be moved to a Solaris 11 global zone and work well? Thank you in advance! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Not able to start non global zone on Solaris 11

I have configured three zones on Solaris-11. These are non-global zones contain Solaris-11 only. One of the zone is not booting up, complaining about IP address in use, while it is not. root@tdpdmsp02 # zoneadm list -icv ID NAME STATUS PATH BRAND IP... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris non-global zone network vlan

Have 2 nics on physical system net0 phys 1500 up -- net1 phys 1500 up -- 1. I want to create a link aggregation with LACP enabled with above 2 nics 2. Create port-group(Like we create on ESXi) with VLAN-ID 2141 3. And assign this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirishlnx
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 11 global zone timezone

Am new on Solaris If I compare with ESXi default timezone is UTC and we have to set BIOS timezone to UTC too . What we follow and best practice in Solaris Sparc servers . Thanks in advance . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirishlnx
2 Replies

7. Programming

I can't compile (gcc) in Solaris 11.3 non global zone

I can't compile anything, the final make error says "Command failed for target `install-recursive'", but I am not able to identify the root cause of that error, I tried with cc, gcc 4.5, also gcc 5.2, using make, using gmake 3.82, ld 5.11, gld 2.31... and I am totally stuck yet... please help, to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sugar222
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 11 Global zone patching having Solaris 10 branded zone

I am planning to do solaris 11 global zone patching having solaris 10 branded zone. I have a doubts on step 8 specially Can someone clear my step 8 doubts or if anything wrong between step 1 to step 9 please correct that also as I have pretty good idea about Step 10 mean patching in solaris 10... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 11 zone has no external network access (except to Global Zone)

Hi, hoping someone can help, its been a while since I used Solaris. After creating a NGZ (non global zone), the NGZ can access the GZ (Global Zone) and the GZ can access the NGZ (using ssh, zlogin) However, the NGZ cannot access any other netwqork devices, it can't even see the default router ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GazinLincoln
2 Replies
Software::License(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    Software::License(3pm)

NAME
Software::License - packages that provide templated software licenses VERSION
version 0.103004 SYNOPSIS
my $license = Software::License::Discordian->new({ holder => 'Ricardo Signes', }); print $output_fh $license->fulltext; METHODS
new my $license = $subclass->new(\%arg); This method returns a new license object for the given license class. Valid arguments are: holder - the holder of the copyright; required year - the year of copyright; defaults to current year new_from_short_name my $license = Software::License -> new_from_short_name( { short_name => 'GPL-1', %arg } ); This constructor will return the correct subclass depending on "short_name" value. year holder These methods are attribute readers. name This method returns the name of the license, suitable for shoving in the middle of a sentence, generally with a leading capitalized "The." url This method returns the URL at which a canonical text of the license can be found, if one is available. If possible, this will point at plain text, but it may point to an HTML resource. notice This method returns a snippet of text, usually a few lines, indicating the copyright holder and year of copyright, as well as an indication of the license under which the software is distributed. license This method returns the full text of the license. fulltext This method returns the complete text of the license, preceded by the copyright notice. version This method returns the version of the license. If the license is not versioned, this method will return false. meta_name This method returns the string that should be used for this license in the CPAN META.yml file, according to the CPAN Meta spec v1, or undef if there is no known string to use. This method may also be invoked as "meta_yml_name" for legacy reasons. meta2_name This method returns the string that should be used for this license in the CPAN META.json or META.yml file, according to the CPAN Meta spec v2, or undef if there is no known string to use. If this method does not exist, and "meta_name" returns open_source, restricted, unrestricted, or unknown, that value will be used. summary This method returns a summary of the license. This summary must contains refer to a file containing the whole license. On Debian system, the file containing the whole license will be in "/usr/share/common-licenses/" directory. LOOKING UP LICENSE CLASSES
If you have an entry in a META.yml or META.json file, or similar metadata, and want to look up the Software::License class to use, there are useful tools in Software::LicenseUtils. TODO
o register licenses with aliases to allow $registry->get('gpl', 2); SEE ALSO
The specific license: o Software::License::AGPL_3 o Software::License::Apache_1_1 o Software::License::Apache_2_0 o Software::License::Artistic_1_0 o Software::License::Artistic_2_0 o Software::License::BSD o Software::License::CC0 o Software::License::FreeBSD o Software::License::GFDL_1_2 o Software::License::GPL_1 o Software::License::GPL_2 o Software::License::GPL_3 o Software::License::LGPL_2_1 o Software::License::LGPL_3_0 o Software::License::MIT o Software::License::Mozilla_1_0 o Software::License::Mozilla_1_1 o Software::License::None o Software::License::OpenSSL o Software::License::Perl_5 o Software::License::QPL_1_0 o Software::License::SSLeay o Software::License::Sun o Software::License::Zlib AUTHOR
Ricardo Signes <rjbs@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2011 by Ricardo Signes. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-03-23 Software::License(3pm)