Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to merge the multiple data files as a single file? Post 302916170 by seenuvasan1985 on Monday 8th of September 2014 03:21:57 AM
Old 09-08-2014
Hi Ravinder,

Yes, you are right. This simple append command will merge the details in same server, i would like to know how to merge two .doc files from different servers.

For example,

df -h > host1.doc --> from host1
df -h > host2.doc --> from host2

Now i want to merge these different server details into single file then need to receive it by mail.

Regards,
Sri

Last edited by Don Cragun; 09-08-2014 at 04:32 AM.. Reason: Add ICODE tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Have several text files and want to merge into a single

Hello, I have several files that begin with db. in my directory and I would like to first take it from a specific word starting from $TTL until the end of the contents then do the same all the way down the directory then merge them into one txt file. Is this possible? I am using cygwin with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: richsark
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge multiple files found in config file

I have a config file with a bunch of these type of blocks: <concat destfile="${standard.js.file}" append="true"> <filelist dir="${js.dir}/foo" files="foo.js, foo2.js"/> <filelist dir="${js.dir}" files="foo3.js"/> <filelist dir="${js.dir}/bar/js"... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Validatorian
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to merge multiple rows into single row if first column matches ?

Hi, Can anyone suggest quick way to get desired output? Sample input file content: A 12 9 A -0.3 2.3 B 1.0 -4 C 34 1000 C -111 900 C 99 0.09 Output required: A 12 9 -0.3 2.3 B 1.0 -4 C 34 1000 -111 900 99 0.09 Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbm_000
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine Multiple Files into Single One File One after other

I am trying to combine 4 .dat files into one single Output file Inputs are:- file123.dat, file256.dat, file378.dat & file490 Expected Output:- FileName=file1 {text from file1} EOF {blank line} FileName=file2 {text from file2} EOF {blank line} FileName=file3 {text from file3} EOF... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lancesunny
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge the data from two servers into a single file

Hi All, Need your inputs for the below. I have 2 different servers 611 & 610, where i would be running two scripts. And would would be running one script from 611 at every 4 hours to merge the data from the 2 servers into 2 files and send a mail. so below is the code snippet for 611: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss_ss
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help combining txt files w/ multiple lines into csv single cell - also need data merge

:confused:Hello -- i just joined the forums. I am a complete noob -- only about 1 week into learning how to program anything... and starting with linux. I am working in Linux terminal. I have a folder with a bunch of txt files. Each file has several lines of html code. I want to combine... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jetsetter
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge the multiple text files into one file

Hi All, I am trying to merge all the text files into one file using below snippet cat /home/Temp/Test/Log/*.txt >> all.txt But it seems it is not working. I have multiple files like Output_ServerName1.txt, Output_ServreName2.txt I want to merge each file into one single file and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharsour
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to Merge contents of 2 different excel files in a single excel file

All, I have an excel sheet Excel1.xls that has some entries. I have one more excel sheet Excel2.xls that has entries only in those cells which are blank in Excel1.xls These may be in different workbooks. They are totally independent made by 2 different users. I have placed them in a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anamika08
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a single file to multiple files

Hi Friends , Please guide me with the code to extract multiple files from one file . The File Looks like ( Suppose a file has 2 tables list ,column length may vary ) H..- > File Header.... H....- >Table 1 Header.... D....- > Table 1 Data.... T....- >Table 1 Trailer.... H..-> Table 2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AspiringD
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge multiple lines into a single line

Hi all, I'm relatively new to scripting, I can do pretty basic things. I have a daily log file that looks like: timestamp=2017-06-28-01.01.35.080576; event status=0; userid=user1; authid=user1; application id=10.10.10.10.11111.12345678901; application name=GUI; ... (29 Replies)
Discussion started by: dwdnet
29 Replies
ypset(1M)                                                 System Administration Commands                                                 ypset(1M)

NAME
ypset - point ypbind at a particular server SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/ypset [-d ypdomain] [-h host] server DESCRIPTION
In order to run ypset, ypbind must be initiated with the -ypset or -ypsetme options. See ypbind(1M). ypset tells ypbind to get NIS services for the specified ypdomain from the ypserv process running on server. If server is down, or is not running ypserv, this might not be dis- covered until an NIS client process tries to obtain a binding for the domain. At this point, the binding set by ypset is tested by ypbind. If the binding is invalid, ypbind attempts to rebind for the same domain. ypset is useful for binding a client node that is not on a broadcast net, or is on a broadcast net that is not running an NIS server host. It is also useful for debugging NIS client applications, for instance, where an NIS map exists only at a single NIS server host. Where several hosts on the local net are supplying NIS services, ypbind can rebind to another host, even while you attempt to find out if the ypset operation succeeded. For example, if you enter the ypset command below, you might get the subsequent response from ypwhich: example% ypset host1 example% ypwhich host2 The sequence shown above is a function of the NIS subsystem's attempt to load-balance among the available NIS servers, and occurs when host1 does not respond to ypbind because it is not running ypserv (or is overloaded), and host2, running ypserv, obtains the binding. server indicates which NIS server to bind to, and must be specified as a name or an IP address. This works only if the node has a current valid binding for the domain in question and ypbind has been set to allow use of ypset. In most cases, server should be specified as an IP address. ypset tries to bind over a connectionless transport. The NIS library call, yp_all(), uses connection-oriented transport and derives the NIS server's address based on the connectionless address supplied by ypset. Refer to ypfiles(4) for an overview of the NIS name service. OPTIONS
-d ypdomain Use ypdomain, instead of the default domain. -h host Set ypbind's binding on host, instead of locally. Specify host as a name. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnisu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ypwhich(1), ypfiles(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 14 Sep 1992 ypset(1M)