Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Handling scripts in two different servers Post 302916031 by RudiC on Saturday 6th of September 2014 06:25:28 AM
Old 09-06-2014
For that simple context, you don't necessarily need to copy files to and fro. Try
Code:
ssh user@server2 ./script2.sh <parameters >results

In script2.sh on server2, you read stdin for the parameters supplied from your local file, and all results are printed to stdout redirected to (local) results.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file handling across servers

hi all f1=demo1:/u2/test/test.doc (sco 5.0.5) f2=demo2:/u2/test/test.doc (solaris 5.8) how to use the files across servers? i.e. i want to copy the file from demo1 to demo2 with link (copy -l). replies appreciated. raguram R (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raguramtgr
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Null handling in scripts

Hi, I face some problem with handling of nulls. I declare a variable - say i - and intialise to 0. Later I read it from console, wherein if I dont give any variable and press return key, I get this error: "0403-004 Specify a parameter with this command" Is there anyway to handle this error? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanprabu
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error Handling in Korn Shell scripts

Hi, I am using few ISQL statements to update and delete from a few tables in sybase, now i want to roll back the transaction when any of the statements fail.How i can i capture these errors in the shell scripts.Please advise. Thanks, Gopi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhgopi
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Handling Errors in Shell Scripts

I have a shell script, which calls a load script to load a database. How can i handle errors in Unix(similar to 'error level' in Batch scripts)? I am trying to use 'mailx' to send a Success/failure message based on the error level returned by the load script. I have already used an error log... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarsani
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripts for automating server inventory for unix servers

Dear Team, I am very new to shell scripting & and presently monitoring unix boxes I am looking for a shell script which will give me the below output script should contain - hostname,OS Version,CPU details, Physical Memory, Partitions Details, Network Details and Software Installed,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: whizkidash
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Advanced error handling in shell scripts

Hi all I've got a question regarding error handling in shell scripts. My background is mainly object oriented programming languages, but for a year or so I've been doing more and more (bash) shell scripting (which I quite enjoy by the way). To handle errors in my scripts I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: script_man
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do you guys run scripts against ALL your servers ?

I have 2000 odd servers (may of which are virtualisations) and if we want to run a script against all of them or distribute files/install software to all of them, we currently perform a simple for loop against a managed list of our servers called SLIST for host in `cat SLIST` ; do ssh $host... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rethink
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH - How to call different scripts from master scripts based on a column in an Oracle table

Dear Members, I have a table REQUESTS in Oracle which has an attribute REQUEST_ACTION. The entries in REQUEST_ACTION are like, ME, MD, ND, NE etc. I would like to create a script which will will call other scripts based on the request action. Can we directly read from the REQUEST_ACTION... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yoodit
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing scripts on remote servers

Hello all, I'm typing away a script that will send a script to a remote host and execute it. This is what i have at the moment and i was wondering if i can improve that or thats basicly what everybody does. Using bash on RHEL 5.5 To over simplify it... #!/bin/bash # start_ () { ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick72
3 Replies
qmail-lspawn(8)                                               System Manager's Manual                                              qmail-lspawn(8)

NAME
qmail-lspawn - schedule local deliveries SYNOPSIS
qmail-lspawn defaultdelivery DESCRIPTION
qmail-lspawn reads a series of local delivery commands from descriptor 0, invokes qmail-local to perform the deliveries, and prints the results to descriptor 1. It passes defaultdelivery to qmail-local as the default delivery instruction. qmail-lspawn invokes qmail-local asynchronously, so the results may not be in the same order as the commands. For each recipient address, qmail-lspawn finds out which local user controls that address. It first checks the qmail-users mechanism; if the address is not listed there, it invokes qmail-getpw. qmail-lspawn then runs qmail-local under the user's uid and gid. It does not set up any supplementary groups. qmail-lspawn treats an empty mailbox name as a trash address. SEE ALSO
envelopes(5), qmail-users(5), qmail-getpw(8), qmail-send(8), qmail-local(8) qmail-lspawn(8)