Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Split fields from a file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Split fields from a file Post 302915855 by galaxy_rocky on Friday 5th of September 2014 06:26:21 AM
Old 09-05-2014
@Don Cragun : My sincere apologies for the confusion about the requirement !
The reason i gave the file name containing email address is, that is the way the shell script is set up [by the clients] to read email addresses.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

returning split fields

I have a variable with data in this format field1;field2;field3 I wanted to split the variable like this field1 field2 field3 this statement was working fine echo $key_val | awk '{gsub(";" , "\n"))' but sometimes we get the data in the variable in this format... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mervin2006
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

split varibles and store fields into shell varible array

I need to split a long varible which is a whole line read from a file into fields and store them in an array, the fields are delimited by pipe and a field may contain white spaces. I tried the following concept test and it has problem with field 5 which contain a space, appearently so because... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gratus
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to split a field into two fields?

Hi, I have a comma delimited text file where character fields (as opposed to numeric and date fields) are always enclosed with double quotes. Records are separated by the newline character. In a shell script I would like to split a particular field into two separate fields (enclosed with double... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vbrown
4 Replies

4. Web Development

split the fields in a column into 3 columns

Have a column "address" which is combination of city, region and postal code like. Format is : city<comma><space>region<space>postal code abc, xyz 123456 All these three city, region and postal code are not mandatory. There can be any one of the above. In that case a nell... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakshit
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to split the row(array) in to fields and store in to oracle database in unix

Hi, the csv file with the delimeter #. A#B#C#D#E#F#G#H 1#2#3#4#5#6#7#8 Z#x#c#V 7#2#8#9 N. I want to read the file line by line and store in rowarray. then the rowarray content should be spilt or made to fields using the delimeter #. i am not sure can we store the fields in to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: barani75
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK:Split fields separated by semicolon

Hi all, I have a .vcf file which contains 8 coulmns and the data under each column as shown below, CHROM POS ID REF ALT QUAL FILTER INFO 1 3000012 . A G 126 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehar
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to split one field and print the last two fields within the split part.

Hello; I have a file consists of 4 columns separated by tab. The problem is the third fields. Some of the them are very long but can be split by the vertical bar "|". Also some of them do not contain the string "UniProt", but I could ignore it at this moment, and sort the file afterwards. Here is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk split lines without knowing the number of fields a-priori

I want to use awk to split fields and put them into a file but I don't know the number of fields for example, in the following line Ports: 22/filtered/tcp//ssh///, 53/open/tcp//tcpwrapped///, 111/filtered/tcp//rpcbind///, 543/filtered/tcp//klogin///, 544/filtered/tcp//kshell///,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: esolvepolito
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a free form text delimited by space to words with other fields

Hi, I need your help for below with shell scripting or perl I/P key, Sentence customer1, I am David customer2, I am Taylor O/P Key, Words Customer1,I Customer1,am Customer1,David Customer2,I Customer2,am Customer2,Taylor (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: monishathampi
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to add plus or minus to fields and split another field

In the tab-delimited input below I am trying to use awk to -10 from $2 and +10 to $3. Something like awk -F'\t' -v OFS='\t' -v s=10 '{split($4,a,":"); print $1,$2-s,$3+s,a,$5,$6} | awk {split(a,b,"-"); print $1,$2-s,$3+s,b-s,b+s,$5,$6}' input should do that. I also need to -10 from $4... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies
GIT-CHECK-MAILMAP(1)						    Git Manual						      GIT-CHECK-MAILMAP(1)

NAME
git-check-mailmap - Show canonical names and email addresses of contacts SYNOPSIS
git check-mailmap [options] <contact>... DESCRIPTION
For each "Name <user@host>" or "<user@host>" from the command-line or standard input (when using --stdin), look up the person's canonical name and email address (see "Mapping Authors" below). If found, print them; otherwise print the input as-is. OPTIONS
--stdin Read contacts, one per line, from the standard input after exhausting contacts provided on the command-line. OUTPUT
For each contact, a single line is output, terminated by a newline. If the name is provided or known to the mailmap, "Name <user@host>" is printed; otherwise only "<user@host>" is printed. MAPPING AUTHORS
If the file .mailmap exists at the toplevel of the repository, or at the location pointed to by the mailmap.file or mailmap.blob configuration options, it is used to map author and committer names and email addresses to canonical real names and email addresses. In the simple form, each line in the file consists of the canonical real name of an author, whitespace, and an email address used in the commit (enclosed by < and >) to map to the name. For example: Proper Name <commit@email.xx> The more complex forms are: <proper@email.xx> <commit@email.xx> which allows mailmap to replace only the email part of a commit, and: Proper Name <proper@email.xx> <commit@email.xx> which allows mailmap to replace both the name and the email of a commit matching the specified commit email address, and: Proper Name <proper@email.xx> Commit Name <commit@email.xx> which allows mailmap to replace both the name and the email of a commit matching both the specified commit name and email address. Example 1: Your history contains commits by two authors, Jane and Joe, whose names appear in the repository under several forms: Joe Developer <joe@example.com> Joe R. Developer <joe@example.com> Jane Doe <jane@example.com> Jane Doe <jane@laptop.(none)> Jane D. <jane@desktop.(none)> Now suppose that Joe wants his middle name initial used, and Jane prefers her family name fully spelled out. A proper .mailmap file would look like: Jane Doe <jane@desktop.(none)> Joe R. Developer <joe@example.com> Note how there is no need for an entry for <jane@laptop.(none)>, because the real name of that author is already correct. Example 2: Your repository contains commits from the following authors: nick1 <bugs@company.xx> nick2 <bugs@company.xx> nick2 <nick2@company.xx> santa <me@company.xx> claus <me@company.xx> CTO <cto@coompany.xx> Then you might want a .mailmap file that looks like: <cto@company.xx> <cto@coompany.xx> Some Dude <some@dude.xx> nick1 <bugs@company.xx> Other Author <other@author.xx> nick2 <bugs@company.xx> Other Author <other@author.xx> <nick2@company.xx> Santa Claus <santa.claus@northpole.xx> <me@company.xx> Use hash # for comments that are either on their own line, or after the email address. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.8.5.3 01/14/2014 GIT-CHECK-MAILMAP(1)