Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cat and variables
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Cat and variables Post 302915768 by junior-helper on Thursday 4th of September 2014 02:47:21 PM
Old 09-04-2014
Sorry, I thought
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie2010
The file name is X-0101\ 2-10-2013.txt. There is a space after \.
Just saying.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat setting variables

hi All I have a file that has 4 lines: 1. yesterday's date (mm/dd/yyyy) 2. yesterday's day- dd 3. yesterday's month- mm 4. yesterday's year- yyyy I want to read this file and place them in variables. how can I do this. Please help. thanks in advance!! KS (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skotapal
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between cat , cat > , cat >> and touch !!!

Hi Can anybody tell the difference between Difference between cat , cat > , cat >> and touch command in UNIX? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
6 Replies

3. Programming

How to convert byteArray variables to HexaString variables for Linux?

Hello everybody, I am having problem in converting byte array variables to Hexa String variables for Linux. I have done, converting byte array variables to Hexa String variables for Windows but same function doesn't work for linux. Is there any difference in OS ? The code for Windows is given... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritesh_163
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

for i in `cat myname.txt` && for y in `cat yourname.txt`

cat myname.txt John Doe I John Doe II John Doe III ----------------------------------------------------------------------- for i in `cat myname.txt` do echo This is my name: $i >> thi.is.my.name.txt done ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: danimad
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat in the command line doesn't match cat in the script

Hello, So I sorted my file as I was supposed to: sort -n -r -k 2 -k 1 file1 | uniq > file2 and when I wrote > cat file2 in the command line, I got what I was expecting, but in the script itself ... sort -n -r -k 2 -k 1 averages | uniq > temp cat file2 It wrote a whole... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: shira
21 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display variables in CAT area

Hi All, I've got a script to output YAML data, and I want to display data that's held inside variables inside one large CAT area. What's the easiest way to do this? cat << "END" --- classes: - general_image - $intro #Variable 1 - $mid #Variable 2 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: glarizza
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a script with multiple variables like 25 variables.

Hi All, i have a requirement where i have to run a script with at least 25 arguements and position of arguements can also change. the unapropriate way is like below. can we achieve this in more good and precise way?? #!/bin/ksh ##script is sample.ksh age=$1 gender=$2 class=$3 . . .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lakshman_Gupta
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing awk variables to bash variables

Trying to do so echo "111:222:333" |awk -F: '{system("export TESTO=" $2)}'But it doesn't work (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to pass variables into anothother variables?

Below are three variables, which I want to pass into variable RESULT1 username1=userid poihostname1=dellsys.com port1=8080 How can I pass these variables into below code... RESULT1=$((ssh -n username1@poihostname1 time /usr/sfw/bin/wget --user=sam --password=123 -O /dev/null -q... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manohar2013
4 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)