Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script to read specified value from file and echo to the same location to other file. Post 302915086 by junior-helper on Sunday 31st of August 2014 01:30:55 PM
Old 08-31-2014
Lightbulb

Following might work for you:

"Save" default values
Code:
$ grep default: config.json >def

"Restore" script:
Code:
#!/bin/bash

#following command requires bash 4
readarray -t arr <def
index=0

function replace {
 echo "${arr[$index]}"
 index=$((index+1))
}

while IFS= read line
do
  if [[ "$line" =~ "default:" ]]; then
   replace
  else
   echo "$line"
  fi
done <config.json >config.json.new

# mv config.json.new config.json

Script explanation: config.json is read line by line. If the line contains a default: string, the first occurrence of default: gets replaced with the first occurrence of default: from the def file, else the (unmodified) line is printed. Whole output is redirected to config.json.new, which basically creates a new config.json file. Uncomment the last line if you're happy with the output.
This User Gave Thanks to junior-helper For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need shell script to read two file at same time and print out in single file

Need shell script to read two file at same time and print output in single file Example I have two files 1) file1.txt 2) file2.txt File1.txt contains Aaa Bbb Ccc Ddd Eee Fff File2.txt contains Zzz Yyy Xxx (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreedhargouda
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to read dbf file in shell script and to convert dbf file usinf shell script

Hi all, I am new to shell scripting. I have dbf file and I need to convert it into csv file. OR, can i read the fields from a .dbf file and OR seprate the records in dbf file and put into .csv or txt. Actually in the .dbf files I am getting , the numbers of fields may vary in very record and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gauara
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to read file location

I'm writing a bash script that reads a file location from a user, and I'm wondering how to get the script to accept tab to auto complete the directories that are input. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prodiga1
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write shelll script to read file location

hi all i have a problem how to read file location..I read file as FILE=/home/tmp/new.file.but t is not useful for me.But i want my script read file location where the file is and copy in directory at boot time. Every time of booting files are copied in respective folder.please help !!!!:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shubhig15
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo ls to a file and then read file and selectively delete

I'm trying to write a script that will do an ls of a location, echo it into a file, and then read that file and selectively delete files/folders, so it would go something like this: cd $CLEAN_LOCN ls >>$TMP_FILE while read LINE do if LINE = $DONTDELETE skip elseif LINE =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MaureenT
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to add input at certain location into a file

Hi, I am using Solaris 10 OS and trying to create shell script that can add input at certain location into a file. The input that I am trying to put is new domain name e.g @newdomain.com the file contains, more test01.out user/zzzz786@st.com/INBOX user/zzzz@po.com/INBOX... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr_47
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to read file and check file type

Hi, I have a file with few values in it. I need script help to read file line by line and check: 1/if it's a file (with extension eg .java .css .jar etc ) or 2/if it's a file without extension and treat it as a directory and then check if the directory exists in working copy else create one... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: iaav
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read each line from input file, assign variables, and echo to output file?

I've got a file that looks like this (spaces before first entries intentional): 12345650-000005000GL140227 ANNUAL HELC FEE EN 22345650-000005000GL140227 ANNUAL HELC FEE EN 32345650-000005000GL140227 ANNUAL HELC FEE EN I want to read through the file line by line,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scottie1954
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

File transfer from UNIX to shared location using shell script

Is there any possible way transfering the file from unix to shared location using shell script. i had created the batch script to fetch the files from unix to shared location and it works fine. Due to some problem in windows unable to transfer the file to shared location automatically. can anyone... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkat918
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell Script to Read the given file contents into a merged one file

Like to have shell script to Read the given file contents into a merged one file with header of path+file name followed by file contents into a single output file. While reading and merging the file contents into a single file, Like to keep the format of the source file. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siva SQL
4 Replies
DH_INSTALLINIT(1)						     Debhelper							 DH_INSTALLINIT(1)

NAME
dh_installinit - install upstart jobs or init scripts into package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_installinit [debhelperoptions] [--name=name] [-n] [-R] [-r] [-d] [-O] [--params] DESCRIPTION
dh_installinit is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing upstart job files or init scripts with associated defaults files into package build directories, and in the former case providing compatibility handling for non-upstart systems. It also automatically generates the postinst and postrm and prerm commands needed to set up the symlinks in /etc/rc*.d/ and to start and stop the init scripts. FILES
debian/package.upstart If this exists, it is installed into etc/init/package.conf in the package build directory. debian/package.init Otherwise, if this exists, it is installed into etc/init.d/package in the package build directory. debian/package.default If this exists, it is installed into etc/default/package in the package build directory. OPTIONS
-n, --noscripts Do not modify postinst/postrm/prerm scripts. -o, --onlyscripts Only modify postinst/postrm/prerm scripts, do not actually install any init script, default files, or upstart job. May be useful if the init script or upstart job is shipped and/or installed by upstream in a way that doesn't make it easy to let dh_installinit find it. If no upstart job file is installed in the target directory when dh_installinit --onlyscripts is called, this program will assume that an init script is being installed and not provide the compatibility symlinks or upstart dependencies. -R, --restart-after-upgrade Do not stop the init script until after the package upgrade has been completed. This is different than the default behavior, which stops the script in the prerm, and starts it again in the postinst. This can be useful for daemons that should not have a possibly long downtime during upgrade. But you should make sure that the daemon will not get confused by the package being upgraded while it's running before using this option. -r, --no-restart-on-upgrade Do not stop init script on upgrade. --no-start Do not start the init script on install or upgrade, or stop it on removal. Only call update-rc.d. Useful for rcS scripts. -d, --remove-d Remove trailing d from the name of the package, and use the result for the filename the upstart job file is installed as in etc/init/ , or for the filename the init script is installed as in etc/init.d and the default file is installed as in etc/default/ . This may be useful for daemons with names ending in d. (Note: this takes precedence over the --init-script parameter described below.) -uparams --update-rcd-params=params -- params Pass params to update-rc.d(8). If not specified, defaults will be passed to update-rc.d(8). --name=name Install the upstart job file or the init script (and default file) using the filename name instead of the default filename, which is the package name. When this parameter is used, dh_installinit looks for and installs files named debian/package.name.upstart, debian/package.name.init and debian/package.name.default, instead of the usual debian/package.upstart, debian/package.init and debian/package.default. --init-script=scriptname Use scriptname as the filename the init script is installed as in etc/init.d/ (and also use it as the filename for the defaults file, if it is installed). If you use this parameter, dh_installinit will look to see if a file in the debian/ directory exists that looks like package.scriptname and if so will install it as the init script in preference to the files it normally installs. This parameter is deprecated, use the --name parameter instead. This parameter will be ignored completely for upstart jobs. --upstart-only Only install an upstart job file, and do not include maintainer script code to replace an init script with that upstart job. This parameter is intended for use when the "package.upstart" file is new and only to be used on Upstart-based systems. --error-handler=function Call the named shell function if running the init script fails. The function should be provided in the prerm and postinst scripts, before the #DEBHELPER# token. NOTES
Note that this command is not idempotent. dh_prep(1) should be called between invocations of this command. Otherwise, it may cause multiple instances of the same text to be added to maintainer scripts. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHORS
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> Steve Langasek <steve.langasek@canonical.com> Scott James Remnant <scott@canonical.com> 8.9.0ubuntu2.1 2012-06-12 DH_INSTALLINIT(1)