Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Script that sums the contents of a folder (help me) Post 302915076 by junior-helper on Sunday 31st of August 2014 07:32:43 AM
Old 08-31-2014
Exactly! The first if statement already covers the second one.

---------- Post updated at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:29 PM ----------

First if statement says "no directory OR too many", so the second if statement, which only checks for "too many", never gets tested.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Folder Contents

Hi, I'm trying to allow people to access the contents of a folder on a web site, I am automatically placing files in this folder for people to download. I'm using Apache on Mac OS X, if that makes a difference. Can anyone help with this? I've found no documentation on this so far... ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: spencer
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy folder contents

I need to make a new dir in side the dir lab5 the new dir is called testLab5 without changing directories copy all files from your lab5 directory into your testLab5 directory then i have to without chaning directories and using exactly one command remove all files that start with the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robsk8_99
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to display contents of folder when 'cd' is used

Hi, I am a new learner of Unix. I am currently working on a Solaris 8 machine. Earlier, when I use 'cd <folder name>' command, I am not only able to change the folder but also able to see the contents of the folder as if a 'ls -lt' command was executed. However, since a week, suddenly this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mumashankar
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

do a full comparison of folder contents in script

Hello everyone.... I have a small issue here at work and I am trying to script out a way to automate a fix for it. I have a small number of users (I work in a 1:1 with 6,000 macbooks) that aren't really managed in my deployment. They are managed with a few policies, but the policies are broken... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tlarkin
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare folder contents over network

I use diff -r dir1 dir2 to get comparison of two folders that are on same machine. Now I need the same thing but one of the folders is on a different machine. Currently I ftp the folder to a temp folder compare using above command and delete the temp folder. Is there any other better options?... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ke3kelly
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to create a folder with contents

I am working on HP Unix. Require a script for the below requirement. Requirement are: 1. Need to create a folder with files. 2. The folder should have a naming convention like - LRIC_ARCHIVE_ddmmyyhhmmss_version_nnn, the version number needs to be selected from an oracle table. 3. When the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roadies99
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy folder and its contents to another folder

Hi experts, I am coming to you with this basic question on copying a folder and its content from one location to another folder using PERL script. This is my requirement. I have a folder AB under /users/myhome I want to copy AB and its contents to /user/workspace. Finally it should... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amvarma77
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Folder contents getting appended as strings while redirecting file contents to a variable

Hi one of the output of the command is as below # sed -n "/CCM-ResourceHealthCheck:/,/---------/{/CCM-ResourceHealthCheck:/d;/---------/d;p;}" Automation.OutputZ$zoneCounter | sed 's/$/<br>/' Resource List : <br> *************************** 1. row ***************************<br> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove folder contents

for dir in BKP/*/ do echo You are in :$dir done O/P -- BKP/201448/ BKP/201449/ BKP/201450/ BKP/201451/ BKP/201452/ BKP/201501/ BKP/201502/ BKP/201503/ BKP/201504/ BKP/201505/ BKP/201506/ BKP/201507/ (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocking77
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Best way to move the contents of a folder to another one

what is the best way to move the contents of a folder to another one without deleting the structure of the first one. the contents could include subfolder too. both folder, the source-folder and the target-folder are on the same host. any idea is appreciated . (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: andy2000
7 Replies
EXECUTE(7)                                                         SQL Commands                                                         EXECUTE(7)

NAME
EXECUTE - execute a prepared statement SYNOPSIS
EXECUTE name [ ( parameter [, ...] ) ] DESCRIPTION
EXECUTE is used to execute a previously prepared statement. Since prepared statements only exist for the duration of a session, the pre- pared statement must have been created by a PREPARE statement executed earlier in the current session. If the PREPARE statement that created the statement specified some parameters, a compatible set of parameters must be passed to the EXECUTE statement, or else an error is raised. Note that (unlike functions) prepared statements are not overloaded based on the type or number of their parameters; the name of a prepared statement must be unique within a database session. For more information on the creation and usage of prepared statements, see PREPARE [prepare(7)]. PARAMETERS
name The name of the prepared statement to execute. parameter The actual value of a parameter to the prepared statement. This must be an expression yielding a value that is compatible with the data type of this parameter, as was determined when the prepared statement was created. OUTPUTS
The command tag returned by EXECUTE is that of the prepared statement, and not EXECUTE. EXAMPLES
Examples are given in the Examples [prepare(7)] section of the PREPARE [prepare(7)] documentation. COMPATIBILITY
The SQL standard includes an EXECUTE statement, but it is only for use in embedded SQL. This version of the EXECUTE statement also uses a somewhat different syntax. SEE ALSO
DEALLOCATE [deallocate(7)], PREPARE [prepare(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 EXECUTE(7)