Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Script that sums the contents of a folder (help me) Post 302915051 by protocomm on Sunday 31st of August 2014 04:39:07 AM
Old 08-31-2014
with command find, use this, otherwise you count folder which begin with a dot

Code:
find . ! -name '\.' -type d | wc -l

The same for the files, it avoid to count the .DS_STORE (i work in mac OSX), you not constrain perhaps to use this

Code:
find . ! -name '\.*' -type f | wc -l

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Folder Contents

Hi, I'm trying to allow people to access the contents of a folder on a web site, I am automatically placing files in this folder for people to download. I'm using Apache on Mac OS X, if that makes a difference. Can anyone help with this? I've found no documentation on this so far... ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: spencer
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy folder contents

I need to make a new dir in side the dir lab5 the new dir is called testLab5 without changing directories copy all files from your lab5 directory into your testLab5 directory then i have to without chaning directories and using exactly one command remove all files that start with the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robsk8_99
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to display contents of folder when 'cd' is used

Hi, I am a new learner of Unix. I am currently working on a Solaris 8 machine. Earlier, when I use 'cd <folder name>' command, I am not only able to change the folder but also able to see the contents of the folder as if a 'ls -lt' command was executed. However, since a week, suddenly this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mumashankar
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

do a full comparison of folder contents in script

Hello everyone.... I have a small issue here at work and I am trying to script out a way to automate a fix for it. I have a small number of users (I work in a 1:1 with 6,000 macbooks) that aren't really managed in my deployment. They are managed with a few policies, but the policies are broken... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tlarkin
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare folder contents over network

I use diff -r dir1 dir2 to get comparison of two folders that are on same machine. Now I need the same thing but one of the folders is on a different machine. Currently I ftp the folder to a temp folder compare using above command and delete the temp folder. Is there any other better options?... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ke3kelly
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to create a folder with contents

I am working on HP Unix. Require a script for the below requirement. Requirement are: 1. Need to create a folder with files. 2. The folder should have a naming convention like - LRIC_ARCHIVE_ddmmyyhhmmss_version_nnn, the version number needs to be selected from an oracle table. 3. When the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roadies99
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy folder and its contents to another folder

Hi experts, I am coming to you with this basic question on copying a folder and its content from one location to another folder using PERL script. This is my requirement. I have a folder AB under /users/myhome I want to copy AB and its contents to /user/workspace. Finally it should... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amvarma77
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Folder contents getting appended as strings while redirecting file contents to a variable

Hi one of the output of the command is as below # sed -n "/CCM-ResourceHealthCheck:/,/---------/{/CCM-ResourceHealthCheck:/d;/---------/d;p;}" Automation.OutputZ$zoneCounter | sed 's/$/<br>/' Resource List : <br> *************************** 1. row ***************************<br> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove folder contents

for dir in BKP/*/ do echo You are in :$dir done O/P -- BKP/201448/ BKP/201449/ BKP/201450/ BKP/201451/ BKP/201452/ BKP/201501/ BKP/201502/ BKP/201503/ BKP/201504/ BKP/201505/ BKP/201506/ BKP/201507/ (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocking77
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Best way to move the contents of a folder to another one

what is the best way to move the contents of a folder to another one without deleting the structure of the first one. the contents could include subfolder too. both folder, the source-folder and the target-folder are on the same host. any idea is appreciated . (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: andy2000
7 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)