Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sort concept confusion
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Sort concept confusion Post 302914922 by gull04 on Friday 29th of August 2014 03:45:45 AM
Old 08-29-2014
Hi,

The flavour of Unix that you are using has an impact here, some would function as you expect - I think SVR3 behaved in that manner by default.

Regards

Dave

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

LUN concept

In my location we have Hp storage (san),from there they created luns, so could u plz send me clear document for understanding LUN. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prem
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

The Concept of thread

Hi all This is my first thread here.i confused with the concept of thread.Can anyone tell me this concept in detail.my Quation may be at primary level. Thanx in advance for help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vishwasrao
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

about concept of Interrupts.

Hi all, I am new here ,i want to know about interrupts in detail.What r Interrupts .how they r handeled. Thanx in adavnce. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vishwasrao
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concept Of Array

Hi all, I used array a lot in C,VB,C# and java but now i am very new to shell programming,so i need a start of array in shell programming. All i want to do is read a string and put it into a character type array. For reading the string,i did this: $ read a now i want to put the content of a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gautamshaw
1 Replies

5. AIX

Use of mirroring concept....

hi.... Friends... Why using mirroring ? what is the use of mirroring? just any one tell about clearly.... thanks.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kannan841
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help me in RAID concept...

i couldn't get what does the metainit command represents in numeric values. (i.e) #metainit d66 2 1 c0t0d0s4 1 c0t0d0s5 ??here 2 1 1 represnts what ?? can some one tell clearly about this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriniv666
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Looping concept please help

Hi Gurus, Please help me in below requirement. Instance =5 (it is user parameter) total=52 (it is user parameter i need to split this to 5 and reminder as 1 instances totally 6 for example i need to splitt to each 52/5=10.4 1-10 11-20 21-30 31-40 41-50 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragu.selvaraj
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ACL concept

Hi.. Could someone explain about setfacl,getfacl in unix and its uses. Regards, Suresh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suresh sunkara
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Confusion with the concept of wc -c and wc -m

Is wc -c and wc -m same ? Shellscript::cat file1 hello Shellscript::cat file1 | wc -c 6 Shellscript::cat file1 | wc -m 6 Shellscript::file file1 file1: ASCII text Shellscript::uname -a Linux was85host 2.6.27.45-0.1-vmi #1 SMP 2010-02-22 16:49:47 +0100 i686 i686 i386 GNU/LinuxAtleast... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellscripting
5 Replies
CTYPE_UPPER(3)								 1							    CTYPE_UPPER(3)

ctype_upper - Check for uppercase character(s)

SYNOPSIS
bool ctype_upper (string $text) DESCRIPTION
Checks if all of the characters in the provided string, $text, are uppercase characters. PARAMETERS
o $text - The tested string. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE if every character in $text is an uppercase letter in the current locale. EXAMPLES
Example #1 A ctype_upper(3) example (using the default locale) <?php $strings = array('AKLWC139', 'LMNSDO', 'akwSKWsm'); foreach ($strings as $testcase) { if (ctype_upper($testcase)) { echo "The string $testcase consists of all uppercase letters. "; } else { echo "The string $testcase does not consist of all uppercase letters. "; } } ?> The above example will output: The string AKLWC139 does not consist of all uppercase letters. The string LMNSDO consists of all uppercase letters. The string akwSKWsm does not consist of all uppercase letters. NOTES
Note If an integer between -128 and 255 inclusive is provided, it is interpreted as the ASCII value of a single character (negative val- ues have 256 added in order to allow characters in the Extended ASCII range). Any other integer is interpreted as a string contain- ing the decimal digits of the integer. SEE ALSO
ctype_alpha(3), ctype_lower(3), setlocale(3). PHP Documentation Group CTYPE_UPPER(3)