Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need to use asterisk in variable Post 302914596 by SriniShoo on Wednesday 27th of August 2014 12:43:29 AM
Old 08-27-2014
Code:
FLAG=/test/Marker_*.tmp
if [ -f ${FLAG} ]
then
 echo "Marker file exists"
else
 echo "Marker file is not arrived,"
fi

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing asterisk to a script as variable

I'm writing a script that will ssh to a number of hosts and run commands. I'm a bit stumped at the moment as some of the commands that I need to run contain wildcards (i.e. *), and so far I have not figured out how to escape the * character so the script doesn't expand it. More specifically, here's... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: GKnight
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to ignore * (asterisk) in a variable

I am using a shell script to read SQL statements stored in a DB2 table and write them out to a file. The problem I have is that some SQL statements have an "*" in them which gets resolved as the list of files in the current directory when I run the script. How can I prevent the "*" from being... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bradtri2
7 Replies

3. AIX

Replace string with asterisk(*) in variable

I was trying to replace a string ( for eg - @@asterisk@@ to * ) in variable using cat $INFILE | while read LINE do stmt1=`echo $LINE | sed 's/@@asterisk@@/\*/g'` stmt=$stmt' '$stmt1 stmt2=`echo $LINE` STATEMENT=$STATEMENT' '$stmt2 done echo 'Statement with sed -- > '... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vaddadi
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to assign * asterisk to variable?

How can I assign asterisk to variable I have try a="\* " but I was not succesful :( any idea ? thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kvok
5 Replies
APC_EXISTS(3)								 1							     APC_EXISTS(3)

apc_exists - Checks if APC key exists

SYNOPSIS
mixed apc_exists (mixed $keys) DESCRIPTION
Checks if one or more APC keys exist. PARAMETERS
o $keys - A string, or an array of strings, that contain keys. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE if the key exists, otherwise FALSE Or if an array was passed to $keys, then an array is returned that contains all existing keys, or an empty array if none exist. EXAMPLES
Example #1 apc_exists(3) example <?php $fruit = 'apple'; $veggie = 'carrot'; apc_store('foo', $fruit); apc_store('bar', $veggie); if (apc_exists('foo')) { echo "Foo exists: "; echo apc_fetch('foo'); } else { echo "Foo does not exist"; } echo PHP_EOL; if (apc_exists('baz')) { echo "Baz exists."; } else { echo "Baz does not exist"; } echo PHP_EOL; $ret = apc_exists(array('foo', 'donotexist', 'bar')); var_dump($ret); ?> The above example will output something similar to: Foo exists: apple Baz does not exist array(2) { ["foo"]=> bool(true) ["bar"]=> bool(true) } SEE ALSO
apc_cache_info(3), apc_fetch(3). PHP Documentation Group APC_EXISTS(3)