Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need to use asterisk in variable Post 302914595 by Don Cragun on Wednesday 27th of August 2014 12:39:15 AM
Old 08-27-2014
Try any one of:
Code:
FLAG="/test/Marker_*.tmp"
FLAG='/test/Marker_*.tmp'
FLAG=/test/Marker_\*.tmp
FLAG=/test/Marker_"*".tmp
FLAG=/test/Marker_'*'.tmp

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing asterisk to a script as variable

I'm writing a script that will ssh to a number of hosts and run commands. I'm a bit stumped at the moment as some of the commands that I need to run contain wildcards (i.e. *), and so far I have not figured out how to escape the * character so the script doesn't expand it. More specifically, here's... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: GKnight
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to ignore * (asterisk) in a variable

I am using a shell script to read SQL statements stored in a DB2 table and write them out to a file. The problem I have is that some SQL statements have an "*" in them which gets resolved as the list of files in the current directory when I run the script. How can I prevent the "*" from being... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bradtri2
7 Replies

3. AIX

Replace string with asterisk(*) in variable

I was trying to replace a string ( for eg - @@asterisk@@ to * ) in variable using cat $INFILE | while read LINE do stmt1=`echo $LINE | sed 's/@@asterisk@@/\*/g'` stmt=$stmt' '$stmt1 stmt2=`echo $LINE` STATEMENT=$STATEMENT' '$stmt2 done echo 'Statement with sed -- > '... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vaddadi
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to assign * asterisk to variable?

How can I assign asterisk to variable I have try a="\* " but I was not succesful :( any idea ? thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kvok
5 Replies
Mail::Milter::Module::MailDomainDotMX(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation		Mail::Milter::Module::MailDomainDotMX(3pm)

NAME
Mail::Milter::Module::MailDomainDotMX - milter to reject mail whose sender domain publishes a null MX record SYNOPSIS
use Mail::Milter::Module::MailDomainDotMX; my $milter = new Mail::Milter::Module::MailDomainDotMX; my $milter2 = &MailDomainDotMX; # convenience $milter2->set_message('Mail from %M domain invalid (has dot-MX record)'); DESCRIPTION
This milter module rejects any mail from a sender's domain (in the MAIL FROM part of the SMTP transaction, not in the From: header) if that domain publishes a "null", or "dot" MX record. Such a record looks like the following in DNS: example.com. IN MX 0 . This lookup requires the Net::DNS module to be installed in order to fetch the MX record. An extra check as to whether the MX is valid is not (yet) done here. It is currently assumed that the MTA does rudimentary checking for the presence of a valid MX or A record on the sending domain. METHODS
new() Creates a MailDomainDotMX object. There are no arguments to configure this module, as it is a fixed check. ignore_tempfail(FLAG) If FLAG is 0 (the default), a DNS lookup which fails the underlying DNS query will cause the milter to return a temporary failure result (SMFIS_TEMPFAIL). If FLAG is 1, a temporary DNS failure will be treated as if the lookup resulted in an empty record set (SMFIS_CONTINUE). This method returns a reference to the object itself, allowing this method call to be chained. set_message(MESSAGE) Sets the message used when rejecting messages. This string may contain the substring %M, which will be replaced by the matching e-mail address. This method returns a reference to the object itself, allowing this method call to be chained. AUTHOR
Todd Vierling, <tv@duh.org> <tv@pobox.com> SEE ALSO
Mail::Milter::Object perl v5.8.8 2004-02-26 Mail::Milter::Module::MailDomainDotMX(3pm)