Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Plotting A Sine Curve Inside A Bash Shell... Post 302914574 by wisecracker on Tuesday 26th of August 2014 05:47:42 PM
Old 08-26-2014
Hi Corona688...

Hmm, neat.

I never considered using 'awk' in its entirety.

Although I have used 'amplitude' and 'centreline' values to plot inside the terminal I intend to use character 32 (space) and 126 (tilde) as the pk-pk amplitude(s) and "N" or "O" as the centreline. This then makes the whole waveform fully editable in any text mode editor. ;o)

I never even considered how Windows would react under my version as I was more interested in a calculator as a 'bc' replacement for CygWin.

I seem to remember you pointing out how badly Windows reacts to many fork()s in a thread since gone.

Thanks for your creation. Once I have gotten to grips with it consider it stolen... ;oD

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

[BASH] redirect standard error and use it inside

Hi all, Maybe my question is too simple but till now i couldn't figure about a solution :( I have a bash script scheduled in cron: <cron time parameters> my_script.sh > result.log 2>&1 By this way i can have standard output and standard error in my result.log file Now i want my script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pescator
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

running bash command inside awk

Org file 192.168.1.10 d:\adir\xdir 192.168.1.11 d:\bdir\ydir want to covert it into robocopy \\192.168.1.10\d$\adir\xdir\log* some_localdir\adir robocopy \\192.168.1.10\d$\adir\ydir\log* some_localdir\bbdir (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ydk
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using awk inside bash script?

Hello, I'm trying to write a bash script that will query the current system time (OS X 10.6.6) and then convert the output from HH:MM:SS into time in seconds. The output of the system time command (systemsetup -gettime) is returned as: Time: HH:MM:SS so I wanted to use awk -F: to grab... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xaiu
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Learning curve to understand bash iteration

Hi Folks, I know on one side there is script and on another side there is smart script. I am able to achieve what I got but thought there has to be a code which doesn't require multiple lines. So if you guys can help me out than it will be awesome. Also I wrote in cshell but if can get both the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dixits
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hide bash code which is inside C plus plus program

I am embedding bash in cpp. Can the bash code be hidden (when we cat the executable to not be able to see the bash code) The simple code I am using: #include <iostream> #include <cstdlib> using namespace std; #define test1 "\ #!/bin/sh --posix \n\ echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frad
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Aliases NOT working inside bash shell script

i have defined a function ln_s() for customizing the ln command in script1.sh. more script1.sh echo "Starting Execution" ./script2.sh echo "End of Execution" ln_s(){ ] && return ln -s "$1" "$2" } My script1.sh executes another script2.sh which has the following entry more script2.sh... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Multiple checks inside if condition in a bash shell script

Hi, I need to perform the untar and rm operation if the file found is a .tar and does not have test.tar or hello.tar as the file names. Below is the loop to check the same. for tf in *.tar do if ] then found=1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies
UHD_SIGGEN_GUI(1)						   User Commands						 UHD_SIGGEN_GUI(1)

NAME
uhd_siggen_gui - GNU Radio signal generator using UHD hardware SYNOPSIS
uhd_siggen_gui: [options] DESCRIPTION
GUI to allow UHD supported hardware to be a signal generator. OPTIONS
-h, --help show this help message and exit -a ARGS, --args=ARGS UHD device address args , [default=] --spec=SPEC Subdevice of UHD device where appropriate -A ANTENNA, --antenna=ANTENNA select Rx Antenna where appropriate -s SAMP_RATE, --samp-rate=SAMP_RATE set sample rate (bandwidth) [default=1000000.0] -g GAIN, --gain=GAIN set gain in dB (default is midpoint) -f FREQ, --tx-freq=FREQ Set carrier frequency to FREQ [default=mid-point] -x WAVEFORM_FREQ, --waveform-freq=WAVEFORM_FREQ Set baseband waveform frequency to FREQ [default=0] -y WAVEFORM2_FREQ, --waveform2-freq=WAVEFORM2_FREQ Set 2nd waveform frequency to FREQ [default=none] --sine Generate a carrier modulated by a complex sine wave --const Generate a constant carrier --offset=OFFSET Set waveform phase offset to OFFSET [default=0] --gaussian Generate Gaussian random output --uniform Generate Uniform random output --2tone Generate Two Tone signal for IMD testing --sweep Generate a swept sine wave --amplitude=AMPL Set output amplitude to AMPL (0.0-1.0) [default=0.15] -v, --verbose Use verbose console output [default=False] SEE ALSO
uhd_siggen(1) uhd_siggen_gui 3.5 December 2011 UHD_SIGGEN_GUI(1)