Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Remote reboot script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Remote reboot script Post 302914480 by ratheeshp on Tuesday 26th of August 2014 06:14:04 AM
Old 08-26-2014
Remote reboot script

I'm a beginner in shell scripting and doing simple scripts for work requirement.

Code:
#!/bin/bash

for blade in  `cat machines.txt` 

do

rsh  $blade 'reboot'

done

but when I try it with root password it's throwing error saying permission denied.We're using same root password for all the machines.
Does this work or is there any other way to reboot machines remotely using script?

RA

Last edited by Franklin52; 08-26-2014 at 07:24 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

different between soft reboot and hard reboot

Hi Guru's Can any want here could explain to me the different between soft reboot and hard reboot . Best Regards Seelan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seelan3
3 Replies

2. Linux

Run a script during reboot/startup

Hi all, i have a script in /etc/init.d directory. -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 26 Mar 28 16:00 myscript I need it to run when my linux reboots/startup. However is it not being executed. Do i need to put in in the rc.local directory? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: new2ss
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Reboot and Confirm

On my Solaris box I have to reboot some devices like below. However I think this can be done through a script. I've create a list that contains the devices IP addresses. Here's the logic: Reboot 4 devices and sleep for 5mins(300s.) While the devices are rebooting, I would like to confirm... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravzter
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to reboot multiple hosts

Hi Expert, How to create a script to reboot multiple hosts in linux? Thank you. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: regmaster
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reboot script issue

Hi guys I am troubleshooting a script that informs me when a system has rebooted. The script is placed in /etc/rc3.d folder under root. The script is as follows: . /opt/scripts/function.sh PATH=/usr/bin EMAIL_ADD=<email address> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Triggering remote UNIX shell script from Remote desktop

I m trying to run a batch script in remote desktop which executes unix commands on the unix server...the problem is i wnt the output in HTML format.so in my batch script i m giving the cmd like ssh hostname path ksh HC_Report.ksh>out.html ...but it generates the HTML file in remote desktop .i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: navsan
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Remote server Reboot timings

Hi I need to know the reboot timings of remote servers (all unix/AIX server )with the help of shell script as the list of servers is 400+. None of the commands uses system name as parameter .What to do ? I am trying man -b in variety of codes am preparing but all in vain . #!/bin/ksh... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinil
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Start Script on system reboot

Hi, I have the following script that looks for a certain file and then executes the start.sh file. How can i make this process to kick when the box reboots. Please advice if ; then /u01/Essbase/Oracle//Middleware/user_projects/epmsystem7/bin/start.sh; rm... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: thinkingeye
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check/get the exit status of a remote command executed on remote host through script

Geeks, Could you please help me out in my script and identify the missing piece. I need to check/get the exit status of a remote command executed on remote host through script and send out an email when process/processes is/are not running on any/all server(s). Here's the complete... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovesaikrishna
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script connect to remote server, not find files and exit only from remote server, but not from scrip

I have a script, which connecting to remote server and first checks, if the files are there by timestamp. If not I want the script exit without error. Below is a code TARFILE=${NAME}.tar TARGZFILE=${NAME}.tar.gz ssh ${DESTSERVNAME} 'cd /export/home/iciprod/download/let/monthly;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
3 Replies
FENCE_AGENT(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    FENCE_AGENT(8)

NAME
fence_virsh - Fence agent for virsh DESCRIPTION
fence_virsh is an I/O Fencing agent which can be used with the virtual machines managed by libvirt. It logs via ssh to a dom0 and there run virsh command, which does all work. By default, virsh needs root account to do properly work. So you must allow ssh login in your sshd_config. fence_virsh accepts options on the command line as well as from stdin. Fenced sends parameters through stdin when it execs the agent. fence_virsh can be run by itself with command line options. This is useful for testing and for turning outlets on or off from scripts. Vendor URL: http://libvirt.org PARAMETERS
-a, --ip=[ip] IP Address or Hostname This parameter is always required. -l, --username=[name] Login Name This parameter is always required. -p, --password=[password] Login password or passphrase -c, --command-prompt=[prompt] Force Python regex for command prompt (Default Value: ['[EXPECT]# ']) -x, --ssh SSH connection (Default Value: 1) -n, --plug=[id] Physical plug number, name of virtual machine or UUID This parameter is always required. -u, --ipport=[port] TCP/UDP port to use for connection with device (Default Value: 22) -4, --inet4-only Forces agent to use IPv4 addresses only -6, --inet6-only Forces agent to use IPv6 addresses only -S, --password-script=[script] Script to retrieve password -k, --identity-file=[filename] Identity file for ssh --ssh-options=[options] SSH options to use (Default Value: -t '/bin/bash -c "PS1=# /bin/bash --noprofile --norc"') -o, --action=[action] Fencing Action (Default Value: reboot) -v, --verbose Verbose mode -D, --debug-file=[debugfile] Write debug information to given file -V, --version Display version information and exit -h, --help Display help and exit -C, --separator=[char] Separator for CSV created by operation list (Default Value: ,) --power-timeout=[seconds] Test X seconds for status change after ON/OFF (Default Value: 20) --shell-timeout=[seconds] Wait X seconds for cmd prompt after issuing command (Default Value: 3) --login-timeout=[seconds] Wait X seconds for cmd prompt after login (Default Value: 5) --power-wait=[seconds] Wait X seconds after issuing ON/OFF (Default Value: 0) --delay=[seconds] Wait X seconds before fencing is started (Default Value: 0) --retry-on=[attempts] Count of attempts to retry power on (Default Value: 1) --use-sudo Use sudo (without password) when calling 3rd party sotfware. ACTIONS
on Power on machine. off Power off machine. reboot Reboot machine. status This returns the status of the plug/virtual machine. list List available plugs with aliases/virtual machines if there is support for more then one device. Returns N/A otherwise. monitor Check the health of fence device metadata Display the XML metadata describing this resource. STDIN PARAMETERS
ipaddr IP Address or Hostname This parameter is always required. login Login Name This parameter is always required. passwd Login password or passphrase cmd_prompt Force Python regex for command prompt (Default Value: ['[EXPECT]# ']) secure SSH connection (Default Value: 1) port Physical plug number, name of virtual machine or UUID This parameter is always required. ipport TCP/UDP port to use for connection with device (Default Value: 22) inet4_only Forces agent to use IPv4 addresses only inet6_only Forces agent to use IPv6 addresses only passwd_script Script to retrieve password identity_file Identity file for ssh ssh_options SSH options to use (Default Value: -t '/bin/bash -c "PS1=# /bin/bash --noprofile --norc"') action Fencing Action (Default Value: reboot) verbose Verbose mode debug Write debug information to given file version Display version information and exit help Display help and exit separator Separator for CSV created by operation list (Default Value: ,) power_timeout Test X seconds for status change after ON/OFF (Default Value: 20) shell_timeout Wait X seconds for cmd prompt after issuing command (Default Value: 3) login_timeout Wait X seconds for cmd prompt after login (Default Value: 5) power_wait Wait X seconds after issuing ON/OFF (Default Value: 0) delay Wait X seconds before fencing is started (Default Value: 0) retry_on Count of attempts to retry power on (Default Value: 1) sudo Use sudo (without password) when calling 3rd party sotfware. fence_virsh (Fence Agent) 2009-10-20 FENCE_AGENT(8)