Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Discovery Tools.
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Infrastructure Monitoring Discovery Tools. Post 302914349 by night_watcher on Monday 25th of August 2014 06:16:24 AM
Old 08-25-2014
Hi Dave,

As a pointer I can give nmap. You can scan networks and given ranges with it. It also has GUI called Zenmap, but I have never used that.
I can think only of nmap for this or some small script with netcat, but I think nmap would give you broader view of the network.

Regards
This User Gave Thanks to night_watcher For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

disk discovery

when I "ls /dev/dsk/ ", I can see c0t0d0 and c0t2d0; but when I use format command, I can only see c0t0d0 available; why this happens? how many disk do I have on the machine? (I do not know that) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredao
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

host discovery using bash

I am trying to make a bash script to scan subnets to see what hosts are available. Is it correct that you can not make the ping command time out less than a second? The script below works, but can take up to 255 seconds which is a bit long :( Is there a way to solve this using bash only? <code>... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bronkeydain
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network Topology Discovery

Hello All! New Unix admin here, with a bit of a problem I can't seem to get a straight answer to.. I've been tasked with mapping out the topology (with IPs/Hostnames) of networks...remotely. So, I have SSH access to firewalls, but that's about as far as I can get - how would I go about... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tiyugro
4 Replies

4. AIX

Discovery LPAR from HMC

Hi All, i would like to know if it's possible to know all the IP Addresses of all LPAR's interfaces from HMC (without connect into LPAR). And if i can know also the "Application" hostname of LPAR from HMC. Thanks in advance. Bye Mario (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zio Bill
2 Replies

5. AIX

Discovery/Mount new disk

Hi all, i must add a new disk on a LPAR. I've done all the HMC and VIOS Procedure to create a virtual host with disk and assign it to lpar. I don't remember how i must do on the lpar to see this disk. (i use lvm not veritas). Thanks in advance and sorry for my english. Bye Mario (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zio Bill
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

Iscsi Discovery no Portal found

Installed the iscsi target and configured its working fine While i'm running command in initiator # iscsiadm --mode discoverydb --type sendtargets --portal 192.168.1.5 --discover iscsiadm: No portals found i cant find the LUN1 , its not discovering it what may be the issue and how to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: babinlonston
0 Replies
VMWARE-CHECKVM(1)						   Open VM Tools						 VMWARE-CHECKVM(1)

NAME
vmware-checkvm - Check if running in a VM or not SYNOPSIS
vmware-checkvm DESCRIPTION
This is a simple console application and can be run as any user. vmware-checkvm check if is running in a VM (returns 0) or not (returns 1). OPTIONS
vmware-checkvm has no options. SEE ALSO
vmware-hgfsclient(1) vmware-toolbox(1) vmware-toolbox-cmd(1) vmware-user(1) libguestlib(3) libvmtools(3) vmware-xferlogs(1) vmware-guestd(8) vmware-hgfsmounter(8) vmware-user-suid-wrapper(8) vmblock(9) vmci(9) vmhgfs(9) vmmemctl(9) vmsock(9) vmsync(9) vmxnet(9) vmxnet3(9) HOMEPAGE
More information about vmware-checkvm and the Open VM Tools can be found at <http://open-vm-tools.sourceforge.net/>. AUTHOR
Open VM Tools were written by VMware, Inc. <http://www.vmware.com/>. This manual page was put together from homepage materials by Daniel Baumann <daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). 2010.03.20-243334 2010-04-08 VMWARE-CHECKVM(1)