Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk stuff
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk stuff Post 302914148 by Scrutinizer on Friday 22nd of August 2014 07:12:20 AM
Old 08-22-2014
Still assuming the first fields is empty / the file starts with a |

Code:
awk '{for(i=1; i<=NF; i++) gsub(/\|/,"\"|\"",$i); sub(/"/,x); sub(/$/,"\"")}1' FS='\\\\\\|' OFS='|' file

Code:
perl -pe 's/(?<!\\)\|/"|"/g; s/\\\|/|/g; s/^"//; s/$/"/' file

---
@Jotne, Ravinder.. That output is not correct...

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 08-22-2014 at 08:46 AM..
This User Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simple stuff.

I hacked my TIVO a few months ago. I made a computer specifically for this, but I only used a UNIX boot disk to get all the TIVO goodies to work. I am intersted in getting some version of UNIX on this machine and getting it onto my network. I only want to do some simple file transfers, maybe... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: IamJAWA
1 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

weird stuff

I coudln't think of another topic to post this under as the OS on the system is XP pro. Ok here is the go. I'm upgrdaing a mates computer. A AMD 1200Mhz and well it wouldn't boot from the CD to do a fresh install (By upgrade I mean OS with complete new install). So I opened up the box and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: woofie
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

A schoolboyish stuff

Hi , This is a pretty simple sed command i found when i was checking out one of the codes of my colleague . sed -e 's/\*.*\) \(\ <1*e\ >\) \(*.*\)/\2/' When i tried this on a few text files it was displaying the entire line. If this was to display entire line why sweat out on a sed . Does... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kinny
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help with monitoring stuff

Hi, I am trying to write a script to do monitoring kind of stuff, requirement - when a server is given a start it updates a file called server.log, I need to keep on grepping the word "Running" and as soon as it comes , script should be exited with the message , "Server came up... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunilmenhdiratt
2 Replies

5. Programming

More Arduino Stuff...

HI all... (Apologies for any typos.) To add to Neo's Arduino subject matter I have decided to upload this in ".zip" format. Ignore "*.info" files these are AMIGA icons only and also the "HAM" drawer as these are photos in ancient AMIGA HAM modes. I have noticed that there are current... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
6 Replies
DPKG-AWK(1)						      General Commands Manual						       DPKG-AWK(1)

NAME
dpkg-awk - Utility to read a dpkg style db file SYNOPSIS
dpkg-awk [(-f|--file) filename] [(-d|--debug) ##] [(-s|--sort) list] [(-rs|--rec_sep) ??] '<fieldname>:<regex>' ... -- <out_fieldname> .. DESCRIPTION
dpkg-awk Parses a dpkg status file (or other similarly formatted file) and outputs the resulting records. It can use regex on the field values to limit the returned records, it can also be told which fields to output, and it can sort the matched fields. OPTIONS
-f filename --file filename The file to parse. The default is /var/lib/dpkg/status. -d [#] --debug [#] Each time this is specified, it increased the debug level. -s field(s) --sort field(s) A space or comma separated list of fields to sort on. -n field(s) --numeric field(s) A space or comma separated list of fields that should be interpreted as numeric in value. -rs ?? --rec_sep ?? Output this string at the end of each output paragraph. -h --help Display some help. fieldname The fields from the file, that are matched with the regex given. The fieldnames are case insensitive. out_fieldname The fields from the file, that are output for each record. If the first field listed begins with ^, then the list of fields that follows will NOT be output. BUGS
Be warned that the author has only a shallow understanding of the dpkg packaging system, so there are probably tons of bugs in this pro- gram. This program comes with no warranties. If running this program causes fire and brimstone to rain down upon the earth, you will be on your own. This program accesses the dpkg database directly in places, querying for data that cannot be gotten via dpkg. AUTHOR
Adam Heath <doogie@debian.org> DEBIAN
Debian Utilities DPKG-AWK(1)